Latest anti-Obama right-wing smear campaign: Dijongate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:06:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Latest anti-Obama right-wing smear campaign: Dijongate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Latest anti-Obama right-wing smear campaign: Dijongate  (Read 3281 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 11:40:15 PM »

Weren't these the same people calling attacks on Bush over his gaffes and mispronounciations stupid and immature?
I'm pretty sure both groups are stupid and immature.
The GOP are no more 'pro-libertarian' than are the Democrats. So far as I can see, only one Party supports freedom of choice, freedom of marriage, and freedom from religious tyranny, and that Party most certainly is not the Republicans.
And most Democrats have no idea why we have a 2nd Amendment and neither party is in a hurry to stop punishing victimless crimes or know what "Free Trade" really means.

...and everybody knows burgers should have ketchup AND mustard on them (any kind of mustard).  Pickles and onions are good too.  Mayo is only for Commies though.
tagimaucia

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 07:41:09 AM »

I lol'd hard because my local burger joint only has dijon mustard and no other condiments. I figured this out the hard way and acccidentaly put some of that digusting stuff on my hamburger.

I've gotta say that any dijon or spicy mustard is at least 10 times better than that French's sh**t.  And somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole mustard-but-no-ketchup deal a Chicago-specific food culture thing?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 08:33:08 AM »

A proper burger has mustard mixed with ranch dressing. This Is America.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 08:36:37 AM »

Who puts mustard or ketchup on a burger? Mayo is the only way to go.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 08:54:17 AM »

Sissy.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2009, 12:23:47 PM »

Also, if Obama was really a food elitist, would he have really ordered the plain cheddar burger when the restaurant has these options?

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogarticles/restaurants/bestbites/8539.html

Yeah, I think he might.  I think most people on here would agree I'm about as elitist as it gets, but for me good taste does not mean burgers with a lot of weird, innovative sh**t on them.   When it comes to food, as in most things traditional is best.

Thailand is full of the most horribly annoying foreigners who go around asking for every dish to be modified in some awful, innovative way.  I hate these people.  The dish is always best as it has been served for generations!  I'm constantly having to stress to Thai restauranteurs here that I want the food 'tamadah' or 'regular', 'sai prik' (put peppers), etc.  I want it precisely as Thai people have eaten it for ages, not how some asshole with money thinks he wants.

I'm not saying I would never try a weird-burger, but if I were the president, and could traipse out into the public to get a burger rarely, I would order the simple, traditional burger similar to what Obama ordered.  And yes, I most definitely would include mustard on the burger and not ketchup.

I personally find Obama to be mostly a man of good taste, both in his culinary and sartorial choices.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2009, 12:36:09 PM »

Who puts mustard or ketchup on a burger? Mayo is the only way to go.
Epic fail states. Epic fail.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 01:29:25 PM »

Also, if Obama was really a food elitist, would he have really ordered the plain cheddar burger when the restaurant has these options?

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogarticles/restaurants/bestbites/8539.html

Yeah, I think he might.  I think most people on here would agree I'm about as elitist as it gets, but for me good taste does not mean burgers with a lot of weird, innovative sh**t on them.   When it comes to food, as in most things traditional is best.

Thailand is full of the most horribly annoying foreigners who go around asking for every dish to be modified in some awful, innovative way.  I hate these people.  The dish is always best as it has been served for generations!  I'm constantly having to stress to Thai restauranteurs here that I want the food 'tamadah' or 'regular', 'sai prik' (put peppers), etc.  I want it precisely as Thai people have eaten it for ages, not how some asshole with money thinks he wants.

I'm not saying I would never try a weird-burger, but if I were the president, and could traipse out into the public to get a burger rarely, I would order the simple, traditional burger similar to what Obama ordered.  And yes, I most definitely would include mustard on the burger and not ketchup.

I personally find Obama to be mostly a man of good taste, both in his culinary and sartorial choices.

Ah, well at least we can agree that if Obama was the stereotype of a food elitist as these fools  are implying, he probably wouldn't have ordered the most basic item on the menu.  Grey poupon is a cheap-ass condiment, probably not what some snobby rich person would use anyhow.

And although I prefer ketchup to mustard myself, I find it amusing that one of them said "What kind of man doesn't use ketchup?" -- as if ketchup isn't actually what's favored by little kids.  *Adults* are far less likely to wish for ketchup.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 02:41:17 PM »

...and everybody knows burgers should have ketchup AND mustard on them (any kind of mustard).  Pickles and onions are good too.  Mayo is only for Commies though.

You are an insensitive bigot. 

And pickles are best left off of the burger -- preferably as an appateaser and in full cucumber form.  And raw onions are too overpowering for a burger.  If you want onions, I suggest you chop them up and mix them into the chuck.  I also recommend making stuffed burgers with chopped-up bacon and sweet munchee cheese. 

A proper burger has mustard mixed with ranch dressing. This Is America.

You've picqued my interest.  I'll need to try this ASAP.

No, YOU fail.  Do you hear me?  YOU FAIL!!

Tongue

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 04:27:42 PM »

Ha.  This reminds me that once you leave the NY Metro they put both mustard and ketchup on your burger at McDonald's.  My buddy used to call putting mustard on your burger "cousin f'ing your burger.

I don't think it is so much that he choose mustard but the fact that it was Dijon mustard is an unforgivable offense. I'm sure he even had the audacity to order French Fries.  Obama is obviously a cross dressing, communist.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 04:30:27 PM »

The best burger topping is mayonnaise mixed with Peter Luger sauce, hot sauce, and roasted garlic.  I respect the President for taking pride in how his burger is prepared.  If I were ordering right after him, I'd probably order it the same way, just out of curiosity. 

Go to a Five Guys, get a burger with A1, mushrooms, pickels, and onions.

I went to Five Guys yesterday.  Mushrooms?  That's not really my thing.  I do like that A1, though.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009, 04:36:34 PM »

The best burger topping is mayonnaise mixed with Peter Luger sauce, hot sauce, and roasted garlic.  I respect the President for taking pride in how his burger is prepared.  If I were ordering right after him, I'd probably order it the same way, just out of curiosity. 

Go to a Five Guys, get a burger with A1, mushrooms, pickels, and onions.

I went to Five Guys yesterday.  Mushrooms?  That's not really my thing.  I do like that A1, though.

Mushrooms are fine if you have some other fancy topping, like goat cheese.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2009, 06:25:07 PM »

Raw onions are what make a good burger great.

Burgers are also great if you stuff them with some gorgonzola cheese.  It melts into a molten pocket of heaven when grilled. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies