Is this guy a good father or a bad father
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:42:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is this guy a good father or a bad father
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Is this guy a good father or a bad father  (Read 3081 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2009, 12:13:45 AM »
« edited: May 16, 2009, 12:35:24 AM by blagohair.com »

LONDON (Reuters) – A man who tried to hire a prostitute to take his 14-year-old son's virginity as a present was spared jail by a court on Friday.

The Polish national took the boy out in his car and allowed him to pick out the prostitute, who was standing at the side of the road in the red-light district of Nottingham.

But the 42-year-old father was arrested because the teenager had chosen an undercover police officer, Nottingham Crown Court heard.

The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was handed a 10-month prison sentence, suspended for a year, after he admitted a charge of trying to solicit a woman to have sex with a child, the Press Association reported.

The court heard that the father, who came to Britain eight years ago, was arrested last July during an undercover operation by the city's vice squad.

Prosecutor Adrian Harris said the man and his son had approached the undercover officer whose code name was Sarah and beckoned her over .

He asked "Sarah" how much it would cost for her to have sex with his son and they agreed on a 20 pound fee. However, when the car pulled over, the man was arrested by plainclothes police officers.

"The boy said that they had driven past the girl and his dad pointed to her and said 'will she do?'" Harris said.

"He said 'yes' and they had turned round. He said his dad did this because he was still a virgin and he was taking care of that for him."

Judge Jonathan Teare said he would spare the father jail because of his excellent character and that he believed he did not mean any harm to his son.

"You have a duty of care to your son and that is to look after his moral welfare, not as you might think to break him in to the ways of sex through a prostitute," he said.

The court was told the boy would continue to live with his father.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 12:31:37 AM »

HP of course.

Also, your title does not make sense.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 12:35:32 AM »

fixed
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 12:36:10 AM »

FF father and judge.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 02:14:27 AM »

I had a Spanish teacher in HS who was from pre-Communist Cuba outright tell us in class that on his 18th birthday his father took him to the "puta" house.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 02:19:46 AM »

I don't have too much of a problem with the act of getting your kid a hooker (I wouldn't...under normal circumstances, but I can come up with some scenerios where I would), but 14 is too young.  Way too young.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 09:48:04 AM »

Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 09:54:32 AM »

I don't have too much of a problem with the act of getting your kid a hooker (I wouldn't...under normal circumstances, but I can come up with some scenerios where I would), but 14 is too young.  Way too young.

I feel pretty much the same. Not bad, per se, just wait until your kid could actually handle a woman.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »

This is why we need to legalize brothels....  Tongue

Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 01:25:47 PM »

Horrible Person. Besides being illegal, it's also extremely dangerous not to mention he's teaching his son some very warped hyper-macho values. Of course that wouldn't be as much of a problem if brothels were legal and regulated but still.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 01:28:19 PM »

not necessarily a good or bad father, but a pretty stupid father.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 06:37:14 PM »

14 is awfully young.  This and that Alfred kid help explain why Britain has the highest teen pregnancy rates in Europe.
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 11:15:31 PM »

Horrible Person. Besides being illegal, it's also extremely dangerous not to mention he's teaching his son some very warped hyper-macho values. Of course that wouldn't be as much of a problem if brothels were legal and regulated but still.

What's hyper-macho about buying time with a prostitute?
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 12:19:04 AM »

What's hyper-macho about buying time with a prostitute?

Not so much the act as the idea of someone thinking they can make their son a 'man' by having him f**k someone (or several people) that literally mean nothing other than what you paid for them.

Now obviously, I don't care if people have casual sex and have done things with people I was not dating. But I find the mentality here to be repulsive. That and this is incredibly stupid.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 12:50:32 AM »

HP (normal)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 02:47:13 AM »

The fact that it's illegal makes him a HP.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 03:03:57 AM »

So does this mean a father is also an HP if he buys his 19 year old son alcohol in a state in which alcohol consumption is also illegal for under 21s?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 03:15:52 AM »

So does this mean a father is also an HP if he buys his 19 year old son alcohol in a state in which alcohol consumption is also illegal for under 21s?

Morality changes suddenly when you cross certain longitudinal boundaries, rivers, that sort of thing.  God works in mysterious ways.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 04:34:36 AM »

Kids are more comfortable exploring their sexuality without their dads about.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 05:44:55 AM »

Morality changes suddenly when you cross certain longitudinal boundaries, rivers, that sort of thing.  God works in mysterious ways.

Well, if the moral rule is "don't violate the laws of the jurisdiction(s) you're in," then there's no "mysterious" change in morality per se. Rather, the same moral rule has a different application in different areas. This is actually more or less analogous to property rights. For example, the moral law entitles you to build a house on your own land, but not on others' (unless the land owner consents, of course.)

For the record, I don't agree that it's inherently immoral to break the law. I just don't think your critique works very well.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 09:16:58 AM »

Wow...one really shouldn't say such blanket statements.  It would be stupidly easy to turn this around on you.

Just for fun...the Underground Railroad was illegal, were it's workers and participants HPs?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 09:41:23 AM »

Yes.  Although the age should be lowered to 18.  But still, breaking the law is breaking the law.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 02:14:46 PM »

Unless the laws are completely ridiculous than yes it's wrong to break them. I think prostitution should be legalized, but look where it got him? Arrested.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 02:49:26 PM »

Unless the laws are completely ridiculous than yes it's wrong to break them. I think prostitution should be legalized, but look where it got him? Arrested.

What about alcohol? Is it terrible for a father to supply his 19 year old son with a beer or two?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 03:52:34 PM »

I seriously don't see what everyone is getting so worked up over here.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies