Who is the worst president of United States ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:05:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Who is the worst president of United States ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Which of those do you consider as the worst president of United States ?
John Q. Adams

James Buchanan

Ulysses Grant

Herbert Hoover

Richard Nixon

Jimmy Carter

George Bush

Another one ( please specify )

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Who is the worst president of United States ?  (Read 4370 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 07:08:57 PM »

George W. Bush hands down. Others on this list had good intentions but were simply ineffective. GWB had no redeeming traits and was only interested in the power of himself and certain others and no compassion for anyone else.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 07:15:55 PM »

IMHO, the five worst were:
1. Andrew Johnson
2. James Buchanan
3. Woodrow Wilson
4. George W. Bush
5. Andrew Jackson
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 08:11:08 PM »

Buchanan is the worst. Grant is a close second.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 08:48:45 PM »

Wilson is without a doubt our worst two-term president;  Buchanan our worst one-term president.  You can argue the case for either, but I'll pick Wilson as worst since it is difficult to imagine any other president during Buchanan's term doing well, they'd just be able to not ef up as much as he did.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 09:04:27 PM »

Saint Reagan
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 09:07:07 PM »

LBJ
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 12:58:21 AM »

Buchanan (although Harding was pretty bad too)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 02:59:35 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2009, 03:01:30 AM by Antonio V »

George W. Bush hands down. Others on this list had good intentions but were simply ineffective. GWB had no redeeming traits and was only interested in the power of himself and certain others and no compassion for anyone else.

I don't think so. I think Bush really believed in the inanities he said, he really belived that he was saving the world with destroying Iraq and abolishing civil liberties. He was just one of the worst idiots the world ever knew, an idiot who hates intelligence.

Wilson is without a doubt our worst two-term president;  Buchanan our worst one-term president.  You can argue the case for either, but I'll pick Wilson as worst since it is difficult to imagine any other president during Buchanan's term doing well, they'd just be able to not ef up as much as he did.

What did Wilson of so bad ? I personally think he was a great president.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 01:35:51 PM »

I don't think so. I think Bush really believed in the inanities he said, he really belived that he was saving the world with destroying Iraq and abolishing civil liberties. He was just one of the worst idiots the world ever knew, an idiot who hates intelligence.

Quite an objective analysis.

Lincoln was quite easily the worst. From removing civil liberties, throwing citizens in jail with no trial or charges, using human shields during war time, not prosecuting war crimes, et al. Needless to say J.W. Booth was the best thing to come along during his presidency. Unfortunately he became a player about 2 years to late.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2009, 01:38:51 PM »

Lincoln was quite easily the worst. From removing civil liberties, throwing citizens in jail with no trial or charges, using human shields during war time, not prosecuting war crimes, et al.

Sounds like someone else we know, whose only difference from that list is that he was on the side of the south.

Davis? Not hardly.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2009, 01:45:48 PM »

Lincoln was quite easily the worst. From removing civil liberties, throwing citizens in jail with no trial or charges, using human shields during war time, not prosecuting war crimes, et al. Needless to say J.W. Booth was the best thing to come along during his presidency. Unfortunately he became a player about 2 years to late.

Wow. Eulogy of a political assassination, plus those of the man who abolished slavery. Not exactly what you need to convince me that you are not very, very rightist.

Thanks for Bush anyways.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2009, 01:56:07 PM »

Lincoln was quite easily the worst. From removing civil liberties, throwing citizens in jail with no trial or charges, using human shields during war time, not prosecuting war crimes, et al.
Sounds like someone else we know, whose only difference from that list is that he was on the side of the south.
Davis? Not hardly.

No, Bush.

Bush didn't do any of that, so try again.

Wow. Eulogy of a political assassination, plus those of the man who abolished slavery. Not exactly what you need to convince me that you are not very, very rightist.

Thanks for Bush anyways.

War is hell, when you needlessly rape women and use human shields the end can't be to happy. Just like Hitler and Mussolini got the justice they deserved.

And the idea that Lincoln abolished slavery is one of the biggest myths of the War for Southern Independence.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2009, 01:59:36 PM »

Davis? Not hardly.

No, Bush.

Bush didn't do any of that, so try again.

Thanks for Bush anyways.

War is hell, when you needlessly rape women and use human shields the end can't be to happy. Just like Hitler and Mussolini got the justice they deserved.

And the idea that Lincoln abolished slavery is one of the biggest myths of the War for Southern Independence.

Ah, yes. Someone else ( a southerner, certainly ) falsified Lincoln's signature on abolition act, because Lincoln refused to sign.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 02:03:49 PM »

There are quite a few things he did badly, such as his interventions in Mexico, his efforts to purge all non-whites from governments jobs (except janitors and the like), but nothing stands so much as what he did in relation to the World War.  His policies prolonged the World War needlessly and helped to ultimately bring about the Bolshevik Revolution and all that entailed; he trampled on civil liberties in doing so; his high-minded rhetoric of self-determination was with his full approval only applied when doing so served the interests of the victorious Allies (and of course, only for "enlightened" white peoples).

Just about everything that people complain about George W. Bush doing, was done first by Thomas W. Wilson and to greater harm.

As for his pre-war accomplishments, just about anyone elected to the Presidency on the Democratic ticket in 1912 would have done those, so I can't really see giving him credit for them.  (BTW, had it not been for the fact that the Democrats still had a two-thirds majority of the delegates requirement in 1912, Champ Clark would have been the Democratic nominee that year, as he had a first ballot majority.)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2009, 02:04:54 PM »

The emancipation proclamation was a political move. I'd strongly suggest you go read about the proclamation before assuming it actually had any power.

http://www.nps.gov/anti/historyculture/freedom.htm
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2009, 02:33:53 PM »

Ahh, yes of course. If only Booth had acted a couple of years before, you would still have your own plantation and a bunch of slaves to serve you.
And of course you d'have Stark as your loyal foreman.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2009, 02:59:46 PM »

Wilson is #2 on my last. Bush did a lot of what both Lincoln and Wilson did. Lincoln and Bush both started wars and neither seems it was in our best interest.

Wilson gave us the Federal Reserve and the income tax.

FDR and LBJ and #3 and #4, mainly for the New Deal and the Great Society.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 03:01:09 PM »

Dubya
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »

Buchanan, followed closely by Woodrow Wilson and Hoover.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2009, 04:21:22 PM »

The emancipation proclamation was a political move. I'd strongly suggest you go read about the proclamation before assuming it actually had any power.

http://www.nps.gov/anti/historyculture/freedom.htm

Just the fact he signed it is enough for me. He did an historical thing by signing this paper, even if we needed LBJ to finish what he began.

There are quite a few things he did badly, such as his interventions in Mexico, his efforts to purge all non-whites from governments jobs (except janitors and the like), but nothing stands so much as what he did in relation to the World War.  His policies prolonged the World War needlessly and helped to ultimately bring about the Bolshevik Revolution and all that entailed; he trampled on civil liberties in doing so; his high-minded rhetoric of self-determination was with his full approval only applied when doing so served the interests of the victorious Allies (and of course, only for "enlightened" white peoples).

Just about everything that people complain about George W. Bush doing, was done first by Thomas W. Wilson and to greater harm.

As for his pre-war accomplishments, just about anyone elected to the Presidency on the Democratic ticket in 1912 would have done those, so I can't really see giving him credit for them.  (BTW, had it not been for the fact that the Democrats still had a two-thirds majority of the delegates requirement in 1912, Champ Clark would have been the Democratic nominee that year, as he had a first ballot majority.)

You could be right. He had many defect, but I still believe tat his vision of international policies was a good one. About internal policies, income tax, senators direct election and right to vote for women were great progresses.

Wilson is #2 on my last. Bush did a lot of what both Lincoln and Wilson did. Lincoln and Bush both started wars and neither seems it was in our best interest.

Wilson gave us the Federal Reserve and the income tax.

FDR and LBJ and #3 and #4, mainly for the New Deal and the Great Society.

Income tax ? What an horror !!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2009, 04:55:10 PM »

Buchanan was terrible.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2009, 05:10:21 PM »

Buchanan, GWB, Reagan or Hoover.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2009, 05:34:33 PM »

Davis? Not hardly.

Jefferson Davis suspended habeas corpus, introduced the draft, and jailed Northern sympathizers. I have never understood those Southern revanchists who make the Confederacy out to be a minarchist wunderland, as the excesses and atrocities were about equal on both sides.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2009, 07:40:07 PM »

As for his pre-war accomplishments, just about anyone elected to the Presidency on the Democratic ticket in 1912 would have done those, so I can't really see giving him credit for them.

You could be right. He had many defect, but I still believe that his vision of international policies was a good one. About internal policies, income tax, senators direct election and right to vote for women were great progresses.

Wilson opposed women's suffrage until the political cost was too high.  Wilson had nothing to do with either the Sixteenth (income tax) or Seventeenth (direct Senate election) Amendments as they were already undergoing State ratification when he took office.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2009, 08:59:31 PM »

Andrew "genocide" Jackson.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies