South Carolina's Bobby Jindal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:12:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  South Carolina's Bobby Jindal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South Carolina's Bobby Jindal?  (Read 12414 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 20, 2009, 12:57:40 AM »

Sanford has enough coattails that with the crowded GOP primary any candidate he backs is likely to make it to the inevitable runoff.  So far I've only been able to figure out who I'm opposing, but if Haley does make it to the runoff, I'll probably back her.

It would be interesting if my State Senator heads into the Democratic contest and he and Haley both won since then we'd know that Nikki would be our next governor, with the question being whether it would be Rep. Nikki Haley or Sen. Nikki Setzler.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 12:23:36 AM »

So far I've only been able to figure out who I'm opposing, but if Haley does make it to the runoff, I'll probably back her.

I'm poised to do the same.  I was going to support Robert Ford in the Democrat Primary, but now that Haley is jumping in I'll vote for her in the GOP primary.

Robert "video poker" Ford is another candidate on my list of candidates to oppose.  If Bauer and Ford win their respective nominations, I'm definitely voting third party for governor in 2010.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 03:58:37 PM »

I think were looking at the next South Carolina governor, friends. Possibly the first woman President of the Untied States, also.

Almost certainly not the next South Carolina governor.  She simply does not have the party connections or experience to be able to win the nomination in 2010 unless the Republican primary electorate is in a throw the bums out mood, and I see no reason why it would be.  She wouldn't even have a chance to make the runoff if it weren't for Sanford's backing.  All that would be equally true if she were male.  Rep. Barrett, AG McMaster, or Lt. Gov. Bauer will almost certainly be the GOP nominee.

However, this race may well get her the foundation she would need to capture a State Senate seat in 2012.  A lot would depend on how the Senate gets redistricted.  It could even be a confusing race in Senate District 26 between the incumbent Nikki Setzler (D) and challenger Nikki Haley (R) if district 26 gets gerrymandered to the east.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 08:37:13 PM »

She didn't have a chance in the first place.  All Sanford could have given her would have been the ability to loe in the runoff instead of in the first round.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies