Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:08:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Author Topic: Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)  (Read 37116 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2010, 10:05:03 PM »

I hope you don't intend on remaining PPT. Your activity levels and attentiveness are quite disappointing.

My activity levels are representative of that of the overal Senate. When I first started I came on every day for at least five hours. But with the next Semester at school here starting and the limited activity, I came one once a day for an hour or two, and at the very least once every other day. I got slowed down over the past few weeks because of things beyond my control but I have never purposely forgotten about the Senate, and I have checked it everytime I come on. I haven't made a decision about the PPT yet. I hadn't expected activity levels in the Senate to die off this way. But were the Senate more active, I would be on more often. I know what my responsiblities are and I never would shirk them. I have been has vocally a critic of this inactive Senate as you are vocally critical of me right now. But I think you are being very disingenious when you criticize my levels of activity when for weeks on hand I was pushing and prodding to get votes conducted on time. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. I would like to know what has motivated your criticism here?

Also I will remind you that the job description has been changed and regular administration duties of the Senate belongs with the Veep unless delegated to the PPT. If Bacon King thought I wasn't active enough he could easily have closed votes and handled the business himself. However he has been less active then me in some instances, so clearly its not me, its a problem with Atlasia as a whole. Give me a more active Senate, and I will be more then happy to focus some effort and attention on it.

Well, a certain Northeast Senate candidate doesn't give a damn about activity. He told me in private he is voting for Mr. Moderate. When I asked "Why? He just got booted for inactivity.", he replied that he didn't care about that.

And maybe you, or the VP should do more to increase activity. If you don't want to lead, then don't take a position that requires leadership. One of the reasons I think Smid is an awful VP choice is look at his activity levels- they are nonexistent.

Lead, What the  do want me to do. March Senators around at bayonet point? We have done all we can do. Activity comes from the bottom up, not the top down. Some Libertarian you are? Roll Eyes
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2010, 10:08:40 PM »

I just might vote for you. How does your policy on the genocide in franco compare to Mr. Gporter's?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2010, 10:11:11 PM »

I just might vote for you. How does your policy on the genocide in franco compare to Mr. Gporter's?

I stand oppose to all genocide and all dictatorships.

But can we please not play this game, its mean and unfair and should be avoided. Tongue
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2010, 10:14:35 PM »

But can we please not play this game, its mean and unfair and should be avoided. Tongue

I never quite got that reference.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2010, 10:15:56 PM »

Basically in a previous race, GPorter campaigned on changing our relations with Franco's Spanish Gov't etc etc. Smiley
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2010, 10:17:02 PM »

Basically in a previous race, GPorter campaigned on changing our relations with Franco's Spanish Gov't etc etc. Smiley

Ahhhh Ok. Smiley
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2010, 10:20:57 PM »

Good luck in what I'm sure will be a nail biter Tongue
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2010, 10:09:14 AM »

Congratulations for your very big victory NCY Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2010, 10:10:38 AM »

Yea, 83% I think

BEAT THAT TMTHFORU94!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2010, 12:46:46 PM »

Yea, 83% I think

BEAT THAT TMTHFORU94!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm happy with my victory, given that I defeated 2 respected and well-liked moderators. Smiley Congratulations on your huge victory against GPORTER....
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2010, 04:25:13 PM »

Yea, 83% I think

I'm happy with my victory, given that I defeated 2 respected and well-liked moderators. Smiley Congratulations on your huge victory against GPORTER....

Your challenger wasn't that much better last time then GPorter with regards to the strength of the candidacy (no ill will intended to Ben as a person or politico, his campaign was rather anemic at best) after which you got 64% and paraded it in front of me.

At least I was consistent and didn't pull a Jay Leno like someone did. Wink

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2010, 04:29:46 PM »

Statement on Reelection

Once again I have been entrusted with representing the great people of the Southeast in the Atlasian Senate. I look forward to representing their needs on Capital and fighting for what is right for both the region and the country. I look forward to working with current Senators and those newly elected to do the people's work in this august body.

Thank you and Dave Bless!!!
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2010, 05:10:19 PM »

Congratulations. I look forward to working with you, my friend Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2010, 05:15:41 PM »

Congratulations. I look forward to working with you, my friend Smiley

You too. I knew you would probably end up in the senate eventually, though I envisioned you being elected Senate from a slightly different region. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2010, 12:02:39 AM »

Well folks its that time again. I have decided to run for reelection to the Atlasian Senate. I have provided clear consistent leadership in defending the rights and powers of the Regions and for working to make government more interactive and more interesting. I have been willing to cast no votes on issues when others were afraid to do so, and provided leadership in keeping the Senate organized. I trust that the Southeast will come to the same conclusion it has the last three times and vote to re-elect me to the Senate. This term was much better then my previous terms in that I was able to avoid any distractions or scandals but I feel that more substantative work could and should have been done in this past session. In the comming weeks I will seek to push several bills which I think will push Atlasia towards better future because I think we have lost so much ground and gotten distracted by petty and personal differences. We must overcome these differences and work towards a better, brighter future, for the people, the for the nation, Relect Senator Yankee!

Thanks, if you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2010, 12:04:39 AM »

I agree with you on very little and you're a little bit odd, but you make the Senate a better place. Tongue. I wish you luck.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2010, 12:06:34 AM »

I agree with you on very little and you're a little bit odd, but you make the Senate a better place. Tongue. I wish you luck.

Thanks and the same to you with regards to the Supreme Court. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2010, 12:09:00 AM »

I'm here to swiftly endorse your campaign, Senator. Make sure to serve lots of whiskey at your campaign events and watch your crowds swell in size!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2010, 01:40:46 AM »

You keep me entertained and you keep many of our federal institutions accountable. Luck for your reelection bid.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #144 on: May 09, 2010, 05:26:25 AM »

I've served with you in the Senate before, and should we both be fortunate enough to win election next month.....I sincerely look forward to working together again!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2010, 08:36:40 AM »

You have my endorsement. Good luck, Yank! Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2010, 11:46:19 AM »

Thanks, Senator and soon to be Governor, tmth! Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2010, 11:47:59 AM »

I got a colorful banner that I made, I will see if I can load the darn thing. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2010, 11:49:59 AM »

You keep me entertained and you keep many of our federal institutions accountable. Luck for your reelection bid.

Yea, that reminds me. I have been meaning to ask you why there was no oil spill or floods in Tennessee. You making me bored. Sad Give us carnage, Give us mayhem, Give us bodies!!! Evil
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2010, 12:02:03 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies