Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:45:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Author Topic: Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)  (Read 37069 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 01:38:25 PM »

Can not support on account of incorrect form of it's in thread title. Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 08:22:25 PM »

Can not support on account of incorrect form of it's in thread title. Tongue

Don't worry, it won't be there for but a minute or two more. I was going to change the title, to reflect that the announcement had passed, last night but couldn't find the time.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 08:32:12 PM »

A drunk governor is called in his own office. I repeat, a drunk governor is called in his own office. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The governor has fallen victim to alcoholism! Perhaps he needs to be recalled!

That is not of my business.

Loosen up Maxy. I'm completely sober. It's only a Tuesday night, after all. I'm just messing with you.

Can you please stop that nonsense at my campaign HQ, or else I will have you hauled away by the security, Governor or no Governor.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 08:57:35 PM »

Issue #1 Innactivity
There are in my opinion three roots to this problem on Atlasia. These are the inactivity of officeholders, lack of interest by members of the forum, and finally the lack of opportunity for new members to get involved. These three problems and the citizens who worsen the problem consitute an Axis of Evil threatening the very existence of Atlasia. As Senator I will do everything in my power to combat this and will work will all members of the Senate to help address this issue, and I will stand up to oppose proposed ideas that I beleive would be counter productive such as eliminating some of the regions or decreasing the number of offices. This is an elections games first and foremost and it makes no more sense to decrease the number of offices than it does to cut a monopoly board in half or throw away 26 cards in poker.

There are efforts that I do support. The first would be Game Moderator reform. I am pleased that Senator Franzl already beat me to punch on this. I have a lot of respect for the current GM but the lack of, lets just say, "relevant issues" concerning Atlasia is the number one driver of innactivity. I look forward to working with my collegues on this issue.

Second I am a strong supporter of the Repair Our Wiki project and I encourage everyone who can to help that effort. I haven't been able to help out due to pressing RL matters but as Senator they will always find a ally in me.

Thirdly contrary to the established thought I support an increase in the number of offices to allow new members more easy access to the game. There have been a lot of new members here work there way up rather quickly however the majority of these come from the mideast  The status quo has left the other regions gasping for fresh blood.

We need to know what is going on in Atlasia, we need new member to have the abililty to easilly figure our what is going on here and we need more opportunities for those new members.

I will answer any question you have for me about the points that I made and specific legislation that is pending, passed or has been defeated that is related to this topic.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 11:00:51 PM »

Issue #1 Innactivity
There are in my opinion three roots to this problem on Atlasia. These are the inactivity of officeholders, lack of interest by members of the forum, and finally the lack of opportunity for new members to get involved. These three problems and the citizens who worsen the problem consitute an Axis of Evil threatening the very existence of Atlasia. As Senator I will do everything in my power to combat this and will work will all members of the Senate to help address this issue, and I will stand up to oppose proposed ideas that I beleive would be counter productive such as eliminating some of the regions or decreasing the number of offices. This is an elections games first and foremost and it makes no more sense to decrease the number of offices than it does to cut a monopoly board in half or throw away 26 cards in poker.

There are efforts that I do support. The first would be Game Moderator reform. I am pleased that Senator Franzl already beat me to punch on this. I have a lot of respect for the current GM but the lack of, lets just say, "relevant issues" concerning Atlasia is the number one driver of innactivity. I look forward to working with my collegues on this issue.

Second I am a strong supporter of the Repair Our Wiki project and I encourage everyone who can to help that effort. I haven't been able to help out due to pressing RL matters but as Senator they will always find a ally in me.

Thirdly contrary to the established thought I support an increase in the number of offices to allow new members more easy access to the game. There have been a lot of new members here work there way up rather quickly however the majority of these come from the mideast  The status quo has left the other regions gasping for fresh blood.

We need to know what is going on in Atlasia, we need new member to have the abililty to easilly figure our what is going on here and we need more opportunities for those new members.

I will answer any question you have for me about the points that I made and specific legislation that is pending, passed or has been defeated that is related to this topic.

I like this.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 05:54:52 PM »

As much of the legislation in the Senate has dealt with either labor or energy directed initiatives, where do you stand on some of the pending and recently passed legislation on the subjects? In addition, relating to your belief in increased activity, a belief I may add that I share with conviction, what specific reforms would you propose to accomplish this goal?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2009, 01:32:22 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2009, 01:53:40 PM by North Carolina Yankee(RPP-NC) »

As much of the legislation in the Senate has dealt with either labor or energy directed initiatives, where do you stand on some of the pending and recently passed legislation on the subjects? In addition, relating to your belief in increased activity, a belief I may add that I share with conviction, what specific reforms would you propose to accomplish this goal?

I will address the second half first. As I said we first need to reform the position of GM. You passed the Game Moderator Replacement act and now you are tied up in court or rather tied up waiting for the court b/c of a belief by some that it is unnconstitutional. My belief, though I am no expert on the Atlasian Constitution, is that it is constitutional. However maybe instead of focusing on reforming the GM as a person(giving Ebowed the boot) we could reform the position. Create guidlines for what type of info is given out by the GM. That way the GM has a standard and thus can at the very least fill in the blanks, yet still provide extra details and events to jazz up things when motivated to do so. Whether Ebowed is there or not makes little difference as the position itself lends itself to innactivity of the the occupant and thus for the whole game. That needs to change. This would be the first thing I would propose on activity.

Second we need to be more welcoming to newbies and less of an old boys network of has beens who keep up appearences but do and accomplish little in there offices. This is vague and kind of hard to achieve by passing a bill but its essential. Personally I hope the CC doesn't go the route of axing regions b/c that in my opinion makes this problem much worse as decreasing the number of offices might lead to a momentary bounce in activity through competative elections but once the dust settles and a few offices trade hands the same people will be in charge only now there is less for new blood to get involved in. Plus this tends to drive away other veterans of the game and pretty soon we are worse off. Summer is coming up soon so people will have more free time on there hands so decreasing the number of offices at this moment strikes me as the ultimate form of stupidity.

I hope this answers your questions PS. I will respond to the first part later.

Edit: WHen reviewing the Worker's Bill of Rights I found this clause in it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is what I mean by giving the GM Guidance but it has to be done for all things the GM dealks with not just one thing. It could also be a bit more detailed as to specifically what info the GM is to release about working conditions, etc.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2009, 03:05:44 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2009, 12:40:32 AM by North Carolina Yankee(RPP-NC) »

In terms of Labor issues
I support the version of the Worker's bill of rights that passed minus section 2 clause 2 which I find inflationary(I believe that was struck from the final version right). I do support a minimum wage, however, maybe one that increase each year with inflation.

On Energy
I like the bill that is pending regarding Nuclear Power Plants but I think that it might need some refining, I shall review it again. I support renewable energy in most circumstances but I am opposed to either a Carbon Tax or a Cap and Trade scheme.

On Veterans
I also liked the Veterans care bill however it should have been more comprehensive and the numbers seemed a little small in my opinion.

On Taxes
I strongly support the Social Security Taxation Act and the Atlasian Tax Code Resolution. The Tax code needs to be more set in stone and official. It would also help to now how the tax code affects the economy, cough..GM..cough.

On Agriculture.
I oppose the Agriculture Reinvestment act cause the name is just the opposite of its effects. I like the idea of reducing subsidies to really big Agriculture operations and especially Tobacco farms. however I would prefer that such legislation be properly named and I am woried about the specific terms hurting other farmers who should recieve subsidies.

On Drugs
I am 100% opposed to legalising any drugs including Marijuana. The only exception would be for medical marijuana but then only on a prescription basis. I do not think that legalising them will reduce crime or end smuggling they will just start smuggling other drugs that would never under any circumstances be legalised. I would like to one day see Tobacco products made illegal but thats unlikely so I won't press that issue. 

Free Trade
I am for Free trade however I am open to compromising a little. We need to make sure both countries are following the agreements and that the agreements protect workers rights, the environment, and intellectual property.

On affirmative Action
I believe that affirmative action is reverse racism and thus I am opposed to its existence. I bleieve that racism is better dealt with by other means like through the Worker's Bill of Rights.

On Communications
I think it would be a mistake to remove the FCC. As a whole they do not infringe on anyones right to free speech they do though wish to make sure such speech is appropriate for the audience which I approve of.

On Immigration
I almost forgot this one. The bill just passed leaves me asking "Where's the beef?". It stikes me as making few changes and thus will have very little impact at all.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2009, 09:14:23 PM »

Thank you for your answers. They were exactly what I was looking for and I hope to have the chance to work with you on much of the GM-related legislation (as soon as I win this court battle).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2009, 11:28:27 PM »

I will be giving a speech on Memorial Day at the Citadel in South Carolina concerning the Military, Foreign Relations, and the Middle East, but its primary focus will be to honor our nations veterans and current members of the millitary. Be sure to stop by here offer your opinions and ask questions afterword. If this goes well I intend to make similar speeches/ town halls across the Southeast as part of my campaign.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2009, 11:30:18 PM »

Thank you for your answers. They were exactly what I was looking for and I hope to have the chance to work with you on much of the GM-related legislation (as soon as I win this court battle).

I look forward to working with you as well.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2009, 11:42:57 AM »

Alright, I'm ready to do it. Despite a couple (well: quite a few) differences in specific debates....I'm becoming increasingly convinced that we can count on you to be an active and competent senator that will do his best to serve the people of his region and Atlasia at-large.

I support your election.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2009, 11:57:00 AM »

Alright, I'm ready to do it. Despite a couple (well: quite a few) differences in specific debates....I'm becoming increasingly convinced that we can count on you to be an active and competent senator that will do his best to serve the people of his region and Atlasia at-large.

I support your election.

I thank you for your support and I look forward to working with you just as much as I do with PS.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2009, 03:44:43 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2009, 03:50:35 PM by North Carolina Yankee(RPP-NC) »

Memorial Day Speech
                        Citadel, Charleston, S.C.

Today, I stand before you here at the Chapel of the storied Citadel Academy, on this Memorial Day, to pay tribute to the brave men and women of our armed forces, who throughout the years have answered our nation's higest call, the call to defend and protect our liberty and our safety. I cannot know what that is like, it's impossible for anyone other then those who have served to know what that is like. However I can thank them for performing this brave and noble duty and I can ask that all people stand up together, just like how they stand up and risk life and limb for us, and return that deed by giving them a profound thank you.

They go and defend not only our liberty but the liberty of all free peoples of the world and in the process they can show other peoples of the world what America's number one gift to the world is, shedding our blood to help gain and protect every one else's freedoms.

However we must use extreme caution whenever we send our brave men and women into combat, we must be sure that every vehicle of diplomacy and all other options have been thoroughly spent and exhausted in an attempt to avoid war and only engage in war as a measure of last resort. We owe to our brave military to do do nothing less as we way where and when to engage them in battle. 

We must makesure that when returning home our veterans are treated with the upmost care, comfort, and respect as they deserve nothing, nothing less. I was very pleased when the Senate passed the Veteran's Care Bill, it however should be viewed as a first tiny step to where we should go in regards to this. As Senator I plan to introduce a Comprehensive GI Bill providing our veterans with enough low interest rate loans to pay for at least 6 years of college, buy middle class housing, or starting small businesses. We also need to guarrentee their access to affordable Health care coverage.

We must also make sure that when they are sent into battle that they have the best and mean the best of the best equiptment and training possible, that they are issued lightweight body armor, that all there vehicles have the most effective armor possible. We must never allow the influence of gun manufacturers to prevent as from reviewing more effective alternatives that jam less, require less maintence, and is less expensive. 

I am afraid that our current foreign policy in Nyman has been guided by a lot of wishfull thinking and not a lot of reallity. The Middle East Peace Act was obsviously a bold attempt to change that course but evidently it has not achieved the desired results. We must take a strong stand against belligerent nations who threaten world peace and stability. We must try improve our relationships with Egypt, Turkey and Jordan and use these as a bullwork against Iran and disturbances in the middle east. I am also a firm supporter of Isreal and beleive that we should maintain our alliance with them, however we should work to achieve a two state solution the Isreali-Palestinian conflict.

I think that the real battle ground of the War on Terror is Africa. I think our aim should be to try to displace Chinese investment in Africa and at the same time make meaniful improvements to infrastructure. We also need to improve agriculture in Africa as it is in serious decline in many contries like Zimbabwe and others leading to severe famine. We must work to topple dictators like Robert Mugabe and his tyrannical regime, through economical and diplomatic pressure.

I think that in South America our goal should be to bolster countries who are allies like Colombia and use that to opposed Veneuzuelan influence in the region. Again I think our primary method to end famines in South America like Africa shoudl be to improve Agricultural production.

We face many a geat challenge in the world today. But if our past is any guide we know that we can overcome these challenges like so many that we have in the past. On this day as we remember our veterans and active duty personal who have fought and bled and died for this country we should never be ungrateful and never forget just how much we owe these brave men and woman.

Thank you and Dave bless us all!!!

(Band strikes up the Battle hymn of the Republic as NC Yankee leaves the stage)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2009, 05:26:44 PM »

I know my chances of winning are very high. Thats exactly my point, I want more competative elections and I want action. If it be not then I will create it. My campaign will be lively non the less despite the fact that I might end up debating myself.

Six days and... nothing. So much for, "My campaign will be lively none the less...". Tongue

Anyway, I have a few questions for you.

1. Don't you think increasing the number of offices would lead to few competitive elections, and more uncontested elections?

2. What are these new offices going to be?

3. Shifting gears a bit. Do you feel that entitlement reform is an important issue for Atlasia, and if so, what reforms do you feel are needed?

Not that this matters as I'm merely a candidate, but I support you in your election (though I can't vote for you).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2009, 05:47:15 PM »

I know my chances of winning are very high. Thats exactly my point, I want more competative elections and I want action. If it be not then I will create it. My campaign will be lively non the less despite the fact that I might end up debating myself.

Six days and... nothing. So much for, "My campaign will be lively none the less...". Tongue

Anyway, I have a few questions for you.

1. Don't you think increasing the number of offices would lead to few competitive elections, and more uncontested elections?

2. What are these new offices going to be?

3. Shifting gears a bit. Do you feel that entitlement reform is an important issue for Atlasia, and if so, what reforms do you feel are needed?

Not that this matters as I'm merely a candidate, but I support you in your election (though I can't vote for you).

Would you rather I do nothing at all? I could be a dead horse and win on the RPP line in the South. I was planning on posting another speech this weekend but I got sidetracked. Plus there is a slight chance I become chairman of the RPP convention though I would rather not. School gets out for me on Friday. So this weekend I will definately be doing more. You do realise this election is in late June? I want my crescendo of activity to be the week before the election so people will actually see it.

1. I would say that I would rather go up then down. Decreasing the number of offices will limit participation and it will be hard to break upward. I really liked the idea of mass advertising on other sites to increase membership so if coupled with that no I don't think it will lead to less competative elections.

2. Regional Assemblies patterned after the Mideast's.

3. It is hard to say or do anything on entitlement reform went we don't know what condition it is in. cough...GM...cough. That issue must be addressed first before anything substantive can happen with issues like entitlement reform.

I thank you for your endorsement, and now you are making me feel bad cause I endoresed Jedi over you, just kidding. I am confident that I can endorse you in future races where there isn't someone already running that I like and respect.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »

I thank you for your endorsement, and now you are making me feel bad cause I endoresed Jedi over you, just kidding. I am confident that I can endorse you in future races where there isn't someone already running that I like and respect.

I don't expect to receive many endorsements, I'm not naive, I realize MasterJedi is a well respected member of Atlasia.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2009, 06:25:07 PM »

Dallas Texas

Hello Texas!!!! (Crowd is very lively) Now that I have y'alls  attention I would like to talk to you tonight about an important issue. In the Senate right now is debating an amendment to the consitution that would outlaw the death penalty at all levels of Gov't. The Death penalty is already illegal at the federal level and in four of the five regions. Now can you tell me the what region still has the death penalty? (THE DIRTY SOUTH!!!! comes the response from the crowd). Yes and if this region says we should keep it then by golly we should be able to. It is not the business of Nyman how we penalize regional crimes. This amendment is a vile usurpation of region power by the federal gov't and I encourage the Senate to defeat this piece of trash. If is passes then I encourage all citizens to vote it down in there respective regions.

I would also like the take this time to praise to important Senators whose input will be lost to the next Senate. I would like the thank DWTL for the opportunity he gave me back in Feb to run for V.P. I would also like to praise him for his strong and able leadership of the RPP and I hope for his speedy return to Atlasia. Secondly I would like to thank Senator Smid for all the hardwork and effort he has devoted to the Senate and to the game. I hope he his RL pursuits go well.

Thank you and Good night Dallas!!!. (Crowd goes wild with applause as NC Yank leaves the stage)
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2009, 10:59:47 PM »

Press Release-

I do not find it classy or a good idea to take tragic events and turn them into a poltical advantage. I therefore will not be giving some pandering speech about the what has happened, I'm sure close to 30 posts in various topics have already been made I there is nothing more for me to say that I haven't said already. I would like to remind the citizen's that these dark gloomy days can drag and make us feel like we are to never again see the morning sunsine however there will be brighter days ahead where people will do stuff based on there character and conscience and not based on personal satisifaction or momentary impuleses. We do have an election tomorrow and I would rather this have come how today then tomorrow after the voting had started in which people would not be allowed to change there minds. I remind all Atlasians that best part of our countries is not the scandals we face but the elections where free people vote freely for the candidates they feel best represent them. I hope that starting tomorrow when you vote that you will keep that in mind.

Tank you and Dave Bless!!!

(and I have got to get to bed its midnight and I have an English Exam tomorrow)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2009, 11:00:26 PM »

Good luck on the exam sir Tongue
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2009, 11:01:33 PM »

Press Release-

I do not find it classy or a good idea to take tragic events and turn them into a poltical advantage. I therefore will not be giving some pandering speech about the what has happened, I'm sure close to 30 posts in various topics have already been made I there is nothing more for me to say that I haven't said already. I would like to remind the citizen's that these dark gloomy days can drag and make us feel like we are to never again see the morning sunsine however there will be brighter days ahead where people will do stuff based on there character and conscience and not based on personal satisifaction or momentary impuleses. We do have an election tomorrow and I would rather this have come how today then tomorrow after the voting had started in which people would not be allowed to change there minds. I remind all Atlasians that best part of our countries is not the scandals we face but the elections where free people vote freely for the candidates they feel best represent them. I hope that starting tomorrow when you vote that you will keep that in mind.

Tank you and Dave Bless!!!

(and I have got to get to bed its midnight and I have an English Exam tomorrow)

I'm glad you handled this in such a good manner. This should not be politicized.

By the way, good luck on the exam.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2009, 12:10:50 PM »

Thanks to the both of you, my exams went well. But staying up so late last night made me dead tired. Can PiT please remember next time not to start a raucous at midnight EST, I no its hard for him being from the Pacific Time Zone. Cheesy
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2009, 10:03:26 PM »

Welcome to the Cobb Energy Center, Atlanta, Georgia

I realise its late and you probably got other things to be doing on this night.  But today I have got a few important issues to discuss with you tonight.

The first of these issues is to congratulate Senator Marokai on his Senate Victory two days(Crowd's response is a mixture of cheers and boos). I think he is a very competent and experienced person and I will be glad to serve alongside him next month.

Next I want to thank Governor Duke for doing is best to represent an alternative choice in this election. He has enriched this nation, this region, and this game with his presence and I am thankfull for getting to know him. I hope he will change his mind and once again dive into elective office again. However I can understand the need to take a break after such a tough race and I do not criticisize his decision in anyway.

Now I want to look to future. In just a few short weeks we have an election here in this country. I urge all voters in this region and in this nation to vote for Senators PiT and HappyWarrior. The reason I think this is the right ticket is because it is bipartisan and represent a willingness to work together to solve problems facing Atlasia that are neither parties alone but everyone's problem. These issues include innactive Gov't officials, a recession that is growing worse, and the apathy of so many in this game. Whether these issues can be solved, I have no doubt. Whether these issues can best be handled by Senator PiT I am absolutely sure of. 

Finally tonight I am here to urge you to vote for me to insure that PiT is succeedded in the Senate by someone with ample leadership abililties and intregrity. Someone who will standup to protect the rights of the regions and the freedoms we all hold dear. Thanks and good night and Dave Bless.(Crowd gives a tepid applause a sign of the poor timing of this event Smiley )

Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2009, 10:49:32 PM »

Good speech. It's a shame you have no opponent. Have you talked to the DA or JCP about fielding one? Even a sacrificial lamb would make this somewhat more interesting.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2009, 10:54:39 PM »

Good speech. It's a shame you have no opponent. Have you talked to the DA or JCP about fielding one? Even a sacrificial lamb would make this somewhat more interesting.

I am pretty sure the DA doesn't even have a resident in the Southeast.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies