Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:19:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Author Topic: Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)  (Read 37151 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: May 25, 2011, 10:32:11 AM »

AEC (Atlasian Electoral Commission) Report:
Cash Raised April 1st through April 30th: $7,526,213
Cash On Hand as of May 22nd: $25,321,215
Total Campaign Debt: $21,526
trying to scare off any potential challengers? Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #326 on: May 25, 2011, 05:04:08 PM »

Well remember, I've got to advertise in the FL and TX media markets. Tongue Its not like its a single state, as it would be in RL. I did some rough estimates and figured these numbers are about average for a region wide race.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #327 on: May 25, 2011, 07:51:54 PM »

Endorsed, Senator. Do your region proud.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #328 on: May 25, 2011, 08:01:09 PM »

Endorsed, Senator. Do your region proud.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #329 on: May 26, 2011, 12:05:24 AM »

Our first large purchase is of six or seven vans, which we will print my name on them and then just have them drive around the largest cities of the IDS. My campaign staff has labeled this strategy as a "game-changer". Wink

Can any of you figure out who my campaign manager is? Tongue
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #330 on: May 26, 2011, 01:35:43 AM »

Can any of you figure out who my campaign manager is? Tongue

Terry Campbell perhaps?

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2011, 07:57:31 PM »

Townhall Meeting in San Antonio, Texas
Ask Yankee Anything!!!

begins: Now
ends: tomorrow night
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #332 on: June 13, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »

What is the biggest thing you would like to change about Atlasia?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #333 on: June 14, 2011, 03:41:11 AM »

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your work in the senate. You're one of the best senators (if not the best senator) we currently have in Atlasia. Secondly, thank you for offering us such a platform to ask questions. Wink
I have a question regarding "game reform". Would you support changing the political system of Atlasia in a way it has been outlined in Kal's thread "Why not to try something crazy?"?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #334 on: June 14, 2011, 05:36:35 PM »

Easy, the general innactivity which seems to be getting worse. How? Now thats the real tough question.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your work in the senate. You're one of the best senators (if not the best senator) we currently have in Atlasia. Secondly, thank you for offering us such a platform to ask questions. Wink
I have a question regarding "game reform". Would you support changing the political system of Atlasia in a way it has been outlined in Kal's thread "Why not to try something crazy?"?

Kal and I both share a reputation of being crazy but for different reasons. Wink As to his proposals, some maybe worth considering but I generally fear that any drastic change to the system that fundamentally shifts us towards a different model would lead to significant number of people leaving Atlasia as a result, or just joining the ocean of inactives just waiting for the big 3 (consecutive missed elections) and their ride into the sunset. And such a risk might be worth considering were there to be a good chance that we would gain on the activity side of the ledger as a result but any of these systems could just as easily come down with the same problem as this one. Once the zeal and interest created by "something new" wore off, we would be right back here again, probably only a few weeks later.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #335 on: June 14, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »

I normally do this once a twice in my campaigns. I had planned to rev up last week but storms, relatives and health problems have been riding me hard lately and taking up valuable days.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #336 on: June 14, 2011, 10:36:31 PM »

Easy, the general innactivity which seems to be getting worse. How? Now thats the real tough question.
Answer the how Wink
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #337 on: June 14, 2011, 10:50:27 PM »

Kal and I both share a reputation of being crazy but for different reasons. Wink As to his proposals, some maybe worth considering but I generally fear that any drastic change to the system that fundamentally shifts us towards a different model would lead to significant number of people leaving Atlasia as a result, or just joining the ocean of inactives just waiting for the big 3 (consecutive missed elections) and their ride into the sunset. And such a risk might be worth considering were there to be a good chance that we would gain on the activity side of the ledger as a result but any of these systems could just as easily come down with the same problem as this one. Once the zeal and interest created by "something new" wore off, we would be right back here again, probably only a few weeks later.

This is one area where we actually agree quite strongly.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #338 on: June 15, 2011, 08:48:56 PM »

Answer the how Wink

Probably the best way of doing is to find as much good talent as possible and encourage its growth and success. This is why strong Regional Gov'ts provide so much to the game but this too goes through troughs and the overall innactivity reduces it's ability to achieve that success. An aggressivelly bold, energetic and forcefull GM could certainly impact things but you still have a problem of getting people to read the thread and actually care. Everything has its limits, and has exposed flanks. The only way for them to meet sufficient success is for all of them (Regions, the GM, Citizen groups, News Organizations etc) to work simultaneously.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #339 on: June 16, 2011, 07:13:26 PM »

Speech in Houston, Texas
June 16, 2011

Ladies and Gentleman,

We have another election here before us and from first appearences this is shaping up to be one of the least eventfull and most uninteresting election in a long time. I must say that by a cruel twist of fate, and inspite of my best efforts and grandiose plans for this election season, I found my aggressive campaign schedule for the past week, being largely canceled. This situation cannot last, we need some ideas of how to break out of this situation and I might one that works towards improvement by focusing on fixing another critical issue in Atlasia.

Speaking of cutting back, there has been an absolutely dreadfully horrible economic situation. This situation has bedeviled and ravaged the most honest and hard working of Atlasian Families and nothing the Federal gov't seems to do has done anything to achieve a long lasting and satisfactory result. I am beginning to think that it will take an aggressive push, regardless of which ideology it originates from (preferrably from both) that has as its center focus the achievement and maintenance of Atlasian prosperity. How this could be assembled, matters not, any of them would bring people together with a common focus and push to achieve something essential. Bottomline we need consistent efforts with enough focus to ensure that policies are continually consistent and without the common interruptions that usually plague Atlasian officals in their efforts. An organized brain trust could provide policy guidance and ideas for officials to look at and consider and work to ensure that the policies do not conflict with one another.

Thank you Texas, and I look forward to working to improve the economic conditions and the activity of this great country. Dave Bless Atlasia!!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #340 on: June 19, 2011, 08:06:40 PM »

Townhall Meeting in Memphis, Tennessee
Ask Yankee Anything!!!

Begins: Now
Ends: Tomorrow night
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #341 on: June 19, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »

What plans do you have to give the regions more stuff to do?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #342 on: June 20, 2011, 08:31:01 PM »

I have to no grand strategies at present. But I do have a standing effort to ensure that as issues come up, an effort is made to seek out and implement as many ways to involve the regions as possible in them. And of course, as I hope my constituents are aware, I have always maintained an open door policy and am willing to introduce bills on the behalf of my constituents, regardless of my personal opinions and listen to the arguements made during the debate with an open mind. Of course this goes without saying that it requires the citizen to participate in the Senate debate, especially if I am skeptical since its hard to argue for something effectively when you aren't sure about it yourself. Wink

Any John King style follow ups? Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #343 on: June 20, 2011, 08:34:58 PM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #344 on: June 20, 2011, 11:09:22 PM »

Reach for the stars! And if you don't grab them, at least you're on top of the world!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #345 on: June 21, 2011, 07:53:38 PM »

Speech in Tampa, Florida
June 21st, 2011

GOOD EVENING TAMPA!!!!

It sure is great to be back in this wonderful city, and to see all the wonderful people who always come out. The hardworking, honest Floridians who strive daily in their busy lives, yet find time in their busy lives to be a part of this great campaign, are truly inspirational.

Of course, the issue on most people's minds at all these events is usually the economy, and with good reason. Millions of jobs have been lost and thousands of homes have ended up foreclosed on. People have been struggling these past few years and in few places have they struggled more, then right here in Central Florida. People should demand answers from their leaders as to why more hasn't been done to help to kickstart the economy; To aid those who are struggling in time of greatest needs, whose only mistake was being unfortunate enough to someone who got laid off as the company downsized, went out of business, or shifted operations out of the state, or even the country; And finally to plot a general course for the country that involves a continual striving towards greater prosperity and a better and brighter future for our children.

What we need to do most of all is to reassess and place greater emphasis on the basis of economic growth and prosperity. The two most important factors in economic strength are freedom and domestic stability. You can't have a strong economy when the Generalissimo thinks he can meddle arbitrarily in the economy, regulate prices at the point of a gun, or rob the nations wealth to lavish excessive rewards on his cronies and himself. While it is possible for a dictator to cultivate strong growth, it is far more likely and a far better situation when a country has a thriving established democracy and a civil society willing to sustain and support it.  A strong standard of living can never occur when you have widespread civil strife, civil war, famine, disease, corruption, and inconsistency in policy. It is essential to have security, from such massive interruptions, and impediments to economic well being. Our biggest problem we face in this regard, is the incompetence, and laziness of public officials breading inconsistency and inefficiency in the administration of government at all levels of the country. This must be changed.  With democracy and stability in place, the most important factor in a countries standard of living is innovation and productivity. Granted this is a double edged sword that can cost a lot of jobs, but with the proper support systems in place and educational infrastructure, the benefit to the economy far outweighs any negative impact. We have placed strong emphasis on education in this country, especially in recent years. We should look carefully at the results and demand answers on where and how to improve further. The final key to economic growth and a high standard of living, is the effective administration by the government of practical regulations and safeguards to ensure people are protected against frauds, crooks, scams, hazards and other pitfalls that detract from growth and hurt people in the process, while not being too much of a burden on prosperity itself.  Democracy, stability, innovation, and  responsible government regulation are the important elements that people should always remember when discussing the economy so as to avoid getting too cut up on small issues and thus losing sight of the impact on the bigger picture. Were such to be done, I am confident the economic situation of this country would be far improved from what it is now.

Thanks and Dave Bless Atlasia!!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #346 on: June 23, 2011, 09:43:13 PM »

Speech in Marietta, Georgia
June 23rd, 2011

Hello Georgia!!!

I plan to speak just a few quick words here tonight. I want to say that this has been great campaign though one that could have been better. I generally feel good about what can be accomplished in our next term together. But I am also fearfull. I am fearfull that Atlasia continues to slowdown. That everyday, something more is lost. Something that we had taken for granted just a few short weeks ago, is now permenently gone or atleast for the next several months is not around. Whether it be a newspaper, a politician, a voter, an interest, or an issue. This cannot continue unabated for Atlasia to continue to endure. It must be confronted with all energies and forced back by a renewed commitment to active and engage involvement in Atlasian affairs.

I am fortunate and proud to have been your Regional Senator these passed six terms and look forward to a productive and active seventh if the region so desires My priorities will remain as always, to defend regional rights, to promote and ensure activity where possible and to highlight continuing economic problems so that they might be addressed. In the course of this campaign, I am confident that I have kept my promise to keep myself emersed with the concerns of my constituents and it is with the best of intentions that I look forward to receiving your verdict.

Thanks and Don't Forget to Vote!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #347 on: June 24, 2011, 06:47:57 AM »

Speech in Charlotte, North Carolina
June 24th, 2011

Uno Mas? Si, Por Favor.

I hadn't planned on making this speech. I had planned the previous one in Marietta to be the last. When I got up this morning, I thought that I needed to touch on one last issue and touch base here in my home state. So I will address the recent attempt, by certain persons who shall remained un-mentioned, to disrupt the balance in the Atlasian Senate. I am, as you know and contrary to the false claims to contrary by certain individuals,  a defender and proponent of Regional Rights. I am also a big defender of a checks and balances. I have been of the belief that the divide of the Senate between 5 Regional seats and 5 At-Large seats serves as a balance between the desires of the Regions and those of the population as a whole, in a way similar to the divide between the RL Senate and House balances the states with the people. I think this is the best way to preserve a democracy in the form of a republic in such fashion that will curb momentary populist ambitions from destroying said democracy for temporary gain.

Therefore, I found it to be counterproductive with the "adoption proposal" whereby Regions could take advantage of a loophole in the Constitution to hijack an At-Large seat. Granted this would increase regional influence but it would have been at the expense of reducing the At-Large seats for the same and consistent reason that I opposed the attempt to remove the Regional seats in favor of 10 At-Large seats. Second such a move would have required all 5 regions to react in kind, thus removing the At-Large seats entirely. Such would thus require the creation of a second body elected to represent the people at-large, and possessing equal legislative power, to balance the equation. A chamber so constituted would be thoroughly impractical and at present impossible for the activity isn't there to sustain two chambers of that size.

I also found another attempt by these people, albeit it lacking in sincere support, to increase the representation of preferred regions while reducing that of others to be also in violation of ensuring regional rights. The reason for this is that one region's rights are just as important as another and all 5 should have an equal presence. As such it constituted a power grab by one political faction at the expense of the other and such violates the spirit of the balance of power, in favor of temporary partisan gain. Again, it is not my belief that this was a sincere attempt, however; I thought it necessary, that in case some didn’t realize why such would be a disaster if passed, to explain what its effects would be.

Thank you for your time and don’t forget to vote now!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #348 on: October 06, 2011, 11:38:59 PM »

Campaign Press Release -

The Yank for Senate Committee has required it's old HQ in Raleigh, NC. In order to do so it had to purchase complete ownership for $2.5 million dollars. A building which shall be in use for only three weeks. Anybody interesting in renting office space in November and December?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #349 on: October 09, 2011, 12:57:32 AM »

Campaign Press Release -

The Senator has aquired a brand new, "customized" campaign bus from a company based in Memphis, TN. He has assured us it is atleast 1/3 manufactured in the US. The price tag was $242,261.

"Okay, Bulletproof it!"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies