Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:05:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)  (Read 37234 times)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« on: May 18, 2009, 10:28:02 PM »

I wonder what it is. Smiley
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 11:00:51 PM »

Issue #1 Innactivity
There are in my opinion three roots to this problem on Atlasia. These are the inactivity of officeholders, lack of interest by members of the forum, and finally the lack of opportunity for new members to get involved. These three problems and the citizens who worsen the problem consitute an Axis of Evil threatening the very existence of Atlasia. As Senator I will do everything in my power to combat this and will work will all members of the Senate to help address this issue, and I will stand up to oppose proposed ideas that I beleive would be counter productive such as eliminating some of the regions or decreasing the number of offices. This is an elections games first and foremost and it makes no more sense to decrease the number of offices than it does to cut a monopoly board in half or throw away 26 cards in poker.

There are efforts that I do support. The first would be Game Moderator reform. I am pleased that Senator Franzl already beat me to punch on this. I have a lot of respect for the current GM but the lack of, lets just say, "relevant issues" concerning Atlasia is the number one driver of innactivity. I look forward to working with my collegues on this issue.

Second I am a strong supporter of the Repair Our Wiki project and I encourage everyone who can to help that effort. I haven't been able to help out due to pressing RL matters but as Senator they will always find a ally in me.

Thirdly contrary to the established thought I support an increase in the number of offices to allow new members more easy access to the game. There have been a lot of new members here work there way up rather quickly however the majority of these come from the mideast  The status quo has left the other regions gasping for fresh blood.

We need to know what is going on in Atlasia, we need new member to have the abililty to easilly figure our what is going on here and we need more opportunities for those new members.

I will answer any question you have for me about the points that I made and specific legislation that is pending, passed or has been defeated that is related to this topic.

I like this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies