Is it ethical to engage in bossnapping?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:04:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is it ethical to engage in bossnapping?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Is it ethical to engage in bossnapping?  (Read 6610 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 01:57:52 PM »

I guess the difference is that the US culture has much more respect for businesses, businessmen, entrepreneurs, etc. because of our heavily individualistic and capitalistic culture. I would assume that the French don't have that as much.

In short, that's it. We always lived the US(/anglo-saxon) economic model as something we underwent. It has broken the other kind of model French tried to build, one model which wanted to be universalistic, that may be why we always had some problem to accept it... In short a model that put the emphasis on some principles for an harmonious society in which everyone should be equal I would say, while US have put the emphasis on the freedom of the individual and his personal success overall.

Still, I'm surprised the French population supports this, considering that managers are people too, with lives, families, etc. and that it probably wasn't their decision to lay the people off.

Well, that guys are seen as "collaborators" Wink

The French translation of that word is very pejorative in France (it has to see with guys who helped Nazis during WW2). Well, by no means it is that heavy in the minds of people but I tend to think that if bossnappers have an enough big support and if bosses who are just some high executives of global companies are not supported it has to see with that kind of feelings. They "collaborate" with global economy... But, one more time, I think there is a lot of distance with the WW2 reference.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 03:33:10 PM »

Yes, but only when said boss has replaced your traditional Christmas bonus with an enrollment in the Jelly of the Month Club.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 09:39:42 AM »

Hmm, considering that "bossnapping" is likely to be construed as kidnapping/abduction and false imprisonment or whatever, I'd have to say that no, it is not.  Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies