Dating: Older women vs. Younger women
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:14:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Dating: Older women vs. Younger women
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Dating: Older women vs. Younger women  (Read 6799 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2009, 09:42:30 PM »

I've been dating on and off a few different women over the course of the last three months, only one of which turned into a physical relationship (she was 15 yrs older than me), and I've been debating the contrasts between dating older women and dating younger women.

The thing that really causes older women to appeal to me is that I am well-known to be old fashioned, and laid back and dating an older women is much easier. There is less drama...everytime I date a girl close to my age half the time she's texting on her cell, while the older women are deep into conversation and eye contact. As far as a physical relationship, in many cases the older women want it more than the young guy, and there is no drama regarding it, whereas with younger women...there is lots of drama.

Another thing too...I can think of tons of things to do on a date. Go to dinner, go for coffee, go bowling, go to the movies, go play pool, hell...even go fishing...but for some reason...the younger ones seem way too busy...as if every hour is an adventure and I am more laid back. I mean...I have my hobbies, my sports and I'm just weeks away from leaving for Air Force Basic Training...but sometimes the older women like the laid back dating style more than the younger ones.

I also love the fun night/spending the night together/breakfast in the morning-type of thing you see often times in the movies...and this seems to only occur with the older women.

Who else sees the differences in dating an older women as opposed to a younger one?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 09:44:54 PM »

my age or older only.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 09:47:19 PM »

I found you a nice single old woman in Ohio. Her name is Ethel Johnson.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 10:33:20 PM »

The only girl I ever dated was an older woman. Older than me by nine days, in fact.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 10:55:33 PM »

I've been dating on and off a few different women over the course of the last three months, only one of which turned into a physical relationship (she was 15 yrs older than me), and I've been debating the contrasts between dating older women and dating younger women.

The thing that really causes older women to appeal to me is that I am well-known to be old fashioned, and laid back and dating an older women is much easier. There is less drama...everytime I date a girl close to my age half the time she's texting on her cell, while the older women are deep into conversation and eye contact. As far as a physical relationship, in many cases the older women want it more than the young guy, and there is no drama regarding it, whereas with younger women...there is lots of drama.

Another thing too...I can think of tons of things to do on a date. Go to dinner, go for coffee, go bowling, go to the movies, go play pool, hell...even go fishing...but for some reason...the younger ones seem way too busy...as if every hour is an adventure and I am more laid back. I mean...I have my hobbies, my sports and I'm just weeks away from leaving for Air Force Basic Training...but sometimes the older women like the laid back dating style more than the younger ones.

I also love the fun night/spending the night together/breakfast in the morning-type of thing you see often times in the movies...and this seems to only occur with the older women.

Who else sees the differences in dating an older women as opposed to a younger one?

I normally don't like relationship discussions because for the most part everyone is different.  However, I will say this:

The qualities you look for have nothing to do with the age of the person.  I have no problem finding the girls you seem to like in the late teens, early 20s bracket.

You seem to be generalizing the youth as night whores.  Women of this generation don't hate romance or eye contact.  You just gotta make the first move.  If you actually interested her at all, she would put down the phone and talk to you.

The only reason it probably seems easier dating a woman in her late 30s is because she's desperate to find somebody.  She doesn't have time to wait for the guy to decide and lead the relationship.  And I mean that in the nicest way possible.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 02:58:53 AM »

At this stage in my life, I generally tend to prefer older women.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 10:06:55 AM »

Younger women.  I find them more attractive and they don't seem any different personality wise.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 10:40:30 AM »

Naso, at your age, 15 years is a HUGE difference.  The woman is old enough to be your mother!  I don't think it is healthy...and probably not good for your self-esteme or reputation. 

Let's be honest - it probably means that woman was desperate and had a low self-esteme to begin with.  Healthy relationships involve people who have good self-esteme.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 12:19:09 PM »

Naso, at your age, 15 years is a HUGE difference.  The woman is old enough to be your mother!  I don't think it is healthy...and probably not good for your self-esteme or reputation. 

Let's be honest - it probably means that woman was desperate and had a low self-esteme to begin with.  Healthy relationships involve people who have good self-esteme.

Hey, it was probably great sex.  And he has a point.  Older women are less into themselves and texting for the hell of it.  Women his age are generally great to look at, horrendous to talk to.  Too old could be a problem with biological clocks and stuff.  As long as it's purely physical and he doesn't get roped into marriage, it's fine.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 12:37:25 PM »

As a greek proverb says, ''the good mill grinds every kind of wheat''.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 01:23:22 PM »

I think I'm going to enjoy when opebo posts in this thread.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 01:33:40 PM »

The qualities you look for have nothing to do with the age of the person.  I have no problem finding the girls you seem to like in the late teens, early 20s bracket.

Agreed.

I only know of one friend who's dated a middle-aged woman; he met her in supermarket.  Watch out, or maybe you'll end up buying all the hookers in your home city, too.
Raoul
burkenelson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.87, S: -0.74

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 03:12:14 PM »

IMO age only has a slight correlation with maturity. I favor more mature women, but it really depends on your objective in the relationship.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 03:18:18 PM »

Can't believe this thread is 2 years old!

One thing I think has evolved in my mind after 2 more years of dating girls from 18 to 39 years old, is the intimacy level.

If I try the smooth, gentlemen-type with older women, they often become putty in my hands. They tell me I'm the "type of guy that sweeps women off their feet." The younger ones would think I'm "old looking" and "rugged". In fact, I've had girls more interested in (I kid you not) guys who sell drugs and who have been in and out of jail rather than a guy like me (clean record, not a troublemaker). It almost seems they want metrosexual guys who come across flamboyant and fruity over the cowboy-types.

Another big thing: Dependability.

I could call a 38 year old woman on the phone and we could arrange meeting up at a freakin' diner in Montana in two months time. Two months later, she would show up.

I could call an 18 year old girl and say, "Let's go out in 15 minutes" and five minutes later she'd change the plans.

Absolutely zero dependability with younger girls.

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 03:31:17 PM »

I prefer younger women,  though the fact that I'm 28 and look like I'm 22 or 23 may have something to do with it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »

The Bible should have included a book on broad generalizations.  It would save us a whole lot of trouble.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 03:39:27 PM »

Well, the woman I've had an insane crush on for the past year is thirteen years older than me, so...
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 06:35:23 PM »

You have girl problems because you go after the unreliable girls. DUH! There are lots of nice girls who just dont get asked because they are quiet. Plus if you say a line that they have heard there is no way they will take you seriously. You have to go after the right kind. Not the ones with their breasts hanging out just to get your attention. I suggest you makes friends with girl without the question of liking them for the dating world. Then you will be more genuine and can actually choose better. But whatever, we arent a mystery.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 10:52:24 PM »

I prefer younger becaus I want to have a better shot at having kids. I did have a serious relationship with a girl 3 months older (my most recent relationship) at 18. Relationships were a sore subject for me the past few years. Mostly because I became rather reserved regarding the womenfolk.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 04:34:48 PM »

In Thailand an 'older woman' for a man in his early 40s means a woman no more than ten years younger (because over 32 is considered 'old' for a woman in this happy land).  A 'normal' date would be a woman of 23-31, and 'a little young' would be 17-22.

As for me I really like these 'older women' who are almost as old as me!

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 04:42:53 PM »

I may sound like a damn moderate hero now, but it's depend.

However, I rather dated younger than older.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 04:58:01 PM »

I definitely like them young. They make me feel more energized in my old age. Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 06:46:39 PM »

This post is an 8 on the Naso scale.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 07:11:17 PM »

I like girls my age (normal).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »

You have girl problems because you go after the unreliable girls. DUH! There are lots of nice girls who just dont get asked because they are quiet. Plus if you say a line that they have heard there is no way they will take you seriously. You have to go after the right kind. Not the ones with their breasts hanging out just to get your attention. I suggest you makes friends with girl without the question of liking them for the dating world. Then you will be more genuine and can actually choose better. But whatever, we arent a mystery.

I befriended a girl from work this summer just for that, and she ended up really liking me and basically stalked me for the first part of this year. She'd text me constantly and get drunk and tell me how I was an idiot for not liking her and she is great girlfriend material.

I always worry about befriending girls.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies