Voting Reform Proposals (jocular, own translation)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:16:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process
  Polling (Moderator: muon2)
  Voting Reform Proposals (jocular, own translation)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Yes, election laws ought to be changed! Please choose one of the options provided.
The right to vote needs to go. At least my neighbor's. That bastard.

They could at least move those $*%!! elections to a working day!

Recently there was an election on my birthday. That ought to be forbidden.

The lists monopoly should go. We should be allowed to arrange the politicians we want to vote for in a circle instead.

I want pictures of the candidates on the ballot. Striking candidates is no fun otherwise!

The lists should be drawn up by parties' political rivals. That's already being done? Oh. That explains a lot.

People should have several votes and be able to cast them for any number of candidates they choose ["kumulieren und panaschieren", in the German phrase. Used in local elections] And the counting should be done by soothsayers.

I want clearer alternatives on my ballot, like "no clue" or "vote for yourself, asshole".

There are too many parties listed. Parties who broke their campaign promises ought to be barred from standing again.

Why don't we just draw up lists of voters, and let the parties choose the voters they want?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 7

Author Topic: Voting Reform Proposals (jocular, own translation)  (Read 2447 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2009, 01:31:17 PM »

Yeah, found this on the Spiegel website...

Constitutional Court Justice Hans-Jürgen Papier is not content with German voting laws. He finds them too simple. Nor does he like the services provided by parties, which he calls the monopoly on lists [Bundestag and Landtag elections in Germany use fixed lists. Both the "monopoly" and the "services provided are references to that]. And he wants to end it.

We think: Complicated stuff that the common voter doesn't care about. What do you think?

Yes, voting laws ought to be changed! Please choose one of the options provided.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies