One Less Torture Advocate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:04:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  One Less Torture Advocate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: One Less Torture Advocate  (Read 3913 times)
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2009, 12:33:39 AM »

I have read here and hard on TV that only 3 terrorists were waterboarded: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Abu Zubaydah and Rahim Al-Nashiri. Does that sound accurate? I had been under the impression that the our government had waterboarded hundreds of terrorists and even some suspected, non-confirmed terrorists. I'm not sure of the significance of the second two, but am aware of KSM. I would say waterboard him and bin Laden (assuming we capture him alive) to get whatever information we can from al quaeda's leadership. It's torture, but this is the guy that is responsible for September 11 and the guy who slit Daniel Pearl's throat. I have no sympathy for this guy. No one on this forum would make it close to 14 seconds, probably not even 4 seconds. But no one on this forum has done anything like KSM did. Some might disagree when I say we should reserve this for only the very upper leadership. Others might disagree that I saw we should use this at all.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2009, 12:50:45 AM »

I have read here and hard on TV that only 3 terrorists were waterboarded: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Abu Zubaydah and Rahim Al-Nashiri. Does that sound accurate? I had been under the impression that the our government had waterboarded hundreds of terrorists and even some suspected, non-confirmed terrorists. I'm not sure of the significance of the second two, but am aware of KSM. I would say waterboard him and bin Laden (assuming we capture him alive) to get whatever information we can from al quaeda's leadership. It's torture, but this is the guy that is responsible for September 11 and the guy who slit Daniel Pearl's throat. I have no sympathy for this guy. No one on this forum would make it close to 14 seconds, probably not even 4 seconds. But no one on this forum has done anything like KSM did. Some might disagree when I say we should reserve this for only the very upper leadership. Others might disagree that I saw we should use this at all.

Nice try, but they weren't tortured not in order to give information about the Al Qaeda leadership. They had already given that information by traditional interrogation techniques.

They were tortured to give information about the alleged link between Al Qaeda and Saddam, so that Cheney and his Neocon pals could sell the Iraq War.
Read Ali Soufan's article at Washington Post or his testimony at the Senate.

And it wasn't only terrorists that got that treatment. An Iraqi prisoner of war was waterboarded after direct orders from Cheney for the same reasons.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2009, 01:38:59 AM »

Then why have we prosecuted it as torture in the past?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2009, 01:58:06 AM »

Those judges from 1926 in Mississippi were clearly activist liberals.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies