Falwell's Liberty University bans college Democrats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:34:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Falwell's Liberty University bans college Democrats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Falwell's Liberty University bans college Democrats  (Read 4269 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: May 22, 2009, 09:23:53 PM »

The media would crucify a school if it tried to ban the College Republicans, but of course it doesn't care when this happens...

Que? It's on Google News right now under the U.S. news section. Besides, a hefty chunk of the media is more friendly to the left than to the right.

Still, it's a private university so they can do what they want, though I could see them losing their non-profit tax status for this seeing as this can be seen as a highly politically motivated move.

If they don't lose their tax-exempt status for this, I might actually be tempted to protest. Religious tax exemption is one of the few things that really gets me angry.

Not that anyone cares, but at least I'd get to vent. That's what protesting is really about, anyway.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 11:25:20 PM »

''Liberty'' University.

Someone should sue them for usurpating the word ''Liberty''. There is no liberty in this place.

It would be really ironic if they banned the College Libertarians.

Given what is known about Liberty University, they would probably try to ban a Ron Paul group or something similar if there were actually any supporters there. I doubt there are any "real" Libertarians who would even consider  Liberty U.--but then, I would have thought the same about any Democrats.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 11:59:16 PM »

I doubt there are any "real" Libertarians who would even consider  Liberty U.--but then, I would have thought the same about any Democrats.

There are a number of Democrats who would find a Christian-based educational environment appealing.  Too bad they won't find it at "Liberty" University.

That wasn't what I was saying. I'm perfectly aware that there are people like BushOklahoma, and I suppose they occasionally get conned into going to places like Liberty U.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies