ATLAS: Atlasians Thinking, Leading, Acting, Solving (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:39:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ATLAS: Atlasians Thinking, Leading, Acting, Solving (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ATLAS: Atlasians Thinking, Leading, Acting, Solving  (Read 7654 times)
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« on: May 24, 2009, 11:28:18 PM »

I'm in.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 06:05:37 PM »

I don't like the way we currently elected people, it is a good way if we have more then one office to fill, but head to head matches it's kinda useless. Also, I believe making all senate races at-large will be better.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 07:51:09 PM »

I don't like the way we currently elected people, it is a good way if we have more then one office to fill, but head to head matches it's kinda useless. Also, I believe making all senate races at-large will be better.

I disagree with making all the senate seats at-large. Regional politics are fun. Besides, it adds many election to follow instead of one big one.

A lot of the times you have only one person running for senate in a region, and sometimes you don't have anyone at all.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 08:21:40 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2009, 08:23:59 PM by ♠♣♦Dan♦♣♠ »

I would love to reduce the Regions to three, you know the senate can do that, so why don't you guys?
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 08:25:56 PM »

I would love to reduce the Regions to three.
I would actually support expanding by a few. I also think there should be more assemblymen.

The problem is most Regions aren't active like the Mideast is. So you have pointless office olders that aren't really active and regions that are dead.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 08:30:37 PM »

I would actually support expanding by a few. I also think there should be more assemblymen.

The problem is most Regions aren't active like the Mideast is. So you have pointless office olders that aren't really active and regions that are dead.

If we were to cut down, I feel that we need more members in the Assembly, so the people can be better represented.

I agree with you, and hope that would happen if we do every reduce the regions to three.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 08:31:33 PM »

If we were to cut down, I feel that we need more members in the Assembly, so the people can be better represented.

Each Assembly is governed by their own regional constitution, including the number of members. Honestly, we don't have enough interested and motivated members in this game to make increasing the number of regions or an increased number of assembly members viable.

Perhaps we could allow for non-executive office holders to serve at both the federal and state levels.

I agree, non-executive office holders should be about to serve at both levels.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 08:34:11 PM »

Perhaps you should enter your name into consideration for the Assembly once Dan or I gets elected to the Senate. I wouldn't mind making the regions smaller, but the region that will be first to the chopping block would be the Mideast, due to its geographic location.

The thing is, alot of the people who live in the Mideast are very active, so it would do the other two regions some good to have more active members in them.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »

Perhaps you should enter your name into consideration for the Assembly once Dan or I gets elected to the Senate. I wouldn't mind making the regions smaller, but the region that will be first to the chopping block would be the Mideast, due to its geographic location.
I was planning on doing  that.
It should be more open for people who WANT to participate. I want to participate and get involved in this game. More seats would give some people a better chance. Raising the number of assembleymen= More votes

If you feel strongly about this, maybe you could write up an amendment to the constitution. I'd be happy to submit it for you.

Unfortunately, once Dan or you win the Senate seat, suddenly the extra seat is vacant.

Some regions have a universal system where all citizens vote. What I tried to do in the Mideast, first during the Constitutional Convention and recently through the referendum amendment, was allow an Assembly to represent the people on a day-to-day basis, while always leaving the option for a universal vote over controversial legislation.

Well, the seat will immediately be filled by a willing citizen at the discretion of the governor. Of course, it is important to get the people involved, but there needs to be some incentive to hold a position. If someone can just waltz in and get a position, it defeats the purpose of an election sim. It makes it a gov't sim.

This.

By the way, I absolutely disagree with reducing the regions to three.

Why? Most of the regions aren't even active, so what is the point of having five? Why not try having three and see if that can get the regions active again. Also, if we had all Senate races by region it wouldn't be very fun at all.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 10:16:22 PM »

Because the people who live in the Mideast are more active on in Atlasia.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 10:33:36 PM »

Because the people who live in the Mideast are more active on in Atlasia.

But I'm wondering if it's coincidence, or if there is an underlying reason for this.

I believe it is because we have an Assembly that keeps people active on the regional level, but that is just me.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 11:43:44 AM »

I agree, that is why we need to speed things up in the Convention.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 12:55:14 PM »

Plus most of the active Mideast members are in the Senate or hold and office already!
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »

I understand Bayh '10 that you want to be active and get into the Assembly, but you have to wait until due time. You will get there, trust me. Take this time to read over the laws of the Mideast and Atlasia and start forming bill and acts you would like to see pass in the Assembly.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 07:23:28 PM »

The problem with large drives to recruit newbies is that many of them either never get involved or fade away in a couple of months. When I've recruited people I have specifically asked them to drop by every couple days or so. It's been pretty successful in large part.

You seem to recruit many newbies, including me Grin, so how many of these newbies become active and remain active?

Well many in fact.
Myself, you, Dan, Persepolis, tmforu94 and others I am sure I'm forgetting.

PiT didn't recruit me, DTWL did. IIRC
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 10:34:23 PM »

This has nothing to do with the topic, but I believe if the major parties would have primaries to elected their President/VP candidate it would make the parties stronger.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 10:39:41 PM »

This has nothing to do with the topic, but I believe if the major parties would have primaries to elected their President/VP candidate it would make the parties stronger.
Possibly. But it could also divide the party. If it is extremely close, the losing candidate could decide to run in the general, splitting the party.

It is possibly, but it most  likely will never happen.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies