50 most populous McCain counties (or county equivalents) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:46:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  50 most populous McCain counties (or county equivalents) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 50 most populous McCain counties (or county equivalents)  (Read 4377 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: July 29, 2009, 08:40:27 PM »
« edited: July 29, 2009, 08:42:25 PM by Verily »

I'm in Kern and we haven't voted Dem since Johnson in 1964, I'm sure that applies to most of the counties not on the above list.

I doubt it, especially in the South.  If they've voted Democratic since 1960, and are Southern, they probably went for Carter '76 and/or '80, and possibly for Clinton at least once.

A lot of the Southern ones were on that list though. I'm talking about the NJ, PA, CO and such counties that probably supported Reagan strongly and went Republican for years but not Goldwater, who could only carry about 6 states.

That's likely true of El Paso, CO, but not as much of the other states you name. To name their most recent Democratic votes, Monmouth, NJ voted for Gore in 2000, and Ocean, NJ voted for Clinton in 1996. Morris, NJ is a holdout since 1964, though, I believe. Westmoreland, PA voted Democratic more recently than this, but most amusingly voted for Mondale over Reagan in 1984; Lancaster and York, PA did last vote Democratic in 1964.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies