Opinion of Sonia Sotomayor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:01:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Sonia Sotomayor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ...
Positive

Neutral

Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Opinion of Sonia Sotomayor  (Read 5580 times)
Coburn In 2012

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 09:41:53 PM »

Another extremist leftie.  Big surprise obama appointed one.  If we're lucky she will be like most of his other appointments and will have "tax problems".  He is FAIL when it comes to makeing appointments isn't he?
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 09:48:25 PM »

Another extremist leftie.  Big surprise obama appointed one.  If we're lucky she will be like most of his other appointments and will have "tax problems".  He is FAIL when it comes to makeing appointments isn't he?

God, you can't spell or write well at all, can you?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 09:53:38 PM »

What's wrong with homophobia?  If you say I can't hate someone just because they're a homosexual, then you're a racist.
Actually no, because I wouldn't be hating you because of your race but rather your stupid, inane views on a group of people.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 10:08:43 PM »

What's wrong with homophobia?  If you say I can't hate someone just because they're a homosexual, then you're a racist.
Actually no, because I wouldn't be hating you because of your race but rather your stupid, inane views on a group of people.

My views are hardly stupid or inane.  I don't like gays because they refuse to worship life, wrap themselves into political webs, and are generally hate-filled, vindictive, and intolerant.

My position is well-informed and based in the facts.  Yours is not.  However, I respect your views, however misinformed they are.  I am the true liberal here.  You are just a pale imitation of the "bigots" you so hate.

You make Republican look bad, are you sure your not Sarah Palin's little brother?
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 10:20:10 PM »

My views are hardly stupid or inane.  I don't like gays because they refuse to worship life, wrap themselves into political webs, and are generally hate-filled, vindictive, and intolerant.

My position is well-informed and based in the facts.  Yours is not.  However, I respect your views, however misinformed they are.  I am the true liberal here.  You are just a pale imitation of the "bigots" you so hate.

You make Republican look bad, are you sure your not Sarah Palin's little brother?

I was unaware that Sarah Palin had a little brother.  But is it not my right to not like gay people?  Come to think of it, I like happy people and most gay people I meet aren't very happy (usually because they're sick with AIDS). 

You have ever right to not like someone, but when it is based on sexuality, it make you wrong. Also, most gay people don't have AIDS.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 10:21:35 PM »

My views are hardly stupid or inane.  I don't like gays because they refuse to worship life, wrap themselves into political webs, and are generally hate-filled, vindictive, and intolerant.

Generalizations are cool.

Nah I choose to dislike people based on their ignorance or stupidity. I actually don't mind you as a poster, you can be entertaining. I just dislike some of your views and reasoning for said views.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 10:38:38 PM »

I was unaware that Sarah Palin had a little brother.  But is it not my right to not like gay people?  Come to think of it, I like happy people and most gay people I meet aren't very happy (usually because they're sick with AIDS). 

You have ever right to not like someone, but when it is based on sexuality, it make you wrong.

What if I dislike said sexuality?  I don't think there are 'right' and 'wrong' reasons for liking or disliking someone, and if I choose to dislike someone because they're gay or transexual (ugh) then I am right regardless.

Did you just not read what I said? I already stated you have the right to not like someone, but It is wrong to dislike someone because of their sexuality. Also, if you don't like a sexuality that fine, but gay people also have the right to live in peace and not hear(read) the stupid crap that you say.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009, 11:16:08 PM »

I'm done with you, because it is like arguing with a child.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009, 11:30:35 PM »

Positive.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 01:40:22 AM »

I don't recall anyone suggesting that homophobia should be illegal. However, we do have a duty to point out how immature it is.

On the contrary; political correctness is a sign of immaturity.  Besides, 'f****t' is a delightful word that should not fall out of use because some people have to be societal policemen. 

It's immature to be afraid of things that can't hurt you. So in that sense, homophobia is very similar to being afraid of the boogeyman or the monsters under your bed.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2009, 07:33:33 PM »

Positive.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2009, 09:47:58 PM »

Homophobes are a race?
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2009, 01:46:12 AM »

The posts in this topic...

...wow.

MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2009, 08:20:39 PM »

Neg.    Racist left wing judge as if we don't already have enough of those in this country.

What she's going to say next  if there's a racial discrimination case...... Mexican people are harder workers then whites and blacks?

Awful choice for SCJ.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2009, 09:28:52 PM »

Neg.    Racist left wing judge as if we don't already have enough of those in this country.

What she's going to say next  if there's a racial discrimination case...... Mexican people are harder workers then whites and blacks?

Awful choice for SCJ.

Zell Miller knows how to use the Internet! Who'da thunk it?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 10:04:53 PM »

Awful choice for SCJ.

Zell Miller knows how to use the Internet! Who'da thunk it?

Rob, stop commenting so negative on everything conservative.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2009, 02:05:19 PM »

Sotomayor is adamantly opposed to the Second Amendment and the right to keep and bear arms contained therein.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2009, 02:26:13 PM »

Sotomayor is adamantly opposed to the Second Amendment and the right to keep and bear arms contained therein.

Another valuable contribution to this thread, courtesy of one of your lower orifices.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2009, 03:02:19 PM »

How exactly do you know this? I haven't heard a thing about her opinion on guns.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2009, 03:10:22 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2009, 03:15:40 PM by Mint »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

She's made it clear in cases like Maloney v. Cuomo (2009) that she feels that the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to states. She cited Presser v. Illinois (1886) and Bach v Pataki (2005) in her argument as precedents. Of course the former is essentially meaningless since the incorporation doctrine didn't exist until after. Going by that logic states should still be allowed to have their own religions, but somehow I doubt she'd be OK with that. I'd call her kind of reaching activism.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2009, 04:14:16 PM »

Gun control is a major non-issue to me anyway, so I don't really care either way.

But your opinion of what is or isn't activism/policy making on the courts is as foggy as He Who Must Not Be Named.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2009, 06:28:59 PM »

She's made it clear in cases like Maloney v. Cuomo (2009) that she feels that the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to states. She cited Presser v. Illinois (1886) and Bach v Pataki (2005) in her argument as precedents. Of course the former is essentially meaningless since the incorporation doctrine didn't exist until after. Going by that logic states should still be allowed to have their own religions, but somehow I doubt she'd be OK with that. I'd call her kind of reaching activism.

Even the nutty ninth recognized that the Second Amendment applies to the states.  Nordyke v. King (2009)
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2009, 06:40:48 PM »

Even the nutty ninth recognized that the Second Amendment applies to the states.  Nordyke v. King (2009)

Even Obama's record isn't that anti-gun.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2009, 06:44:42 PM »

Gun control is a major non-issue to me anyway, so I don't really care either way.

Some of us like people that respect our rights and are intellectually honest.

Just because someone doesn't feel like getting into pointless flame fests with you doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about. For the record, my position on activism is very clear. If someone is reaching beyond the Constitution and/or engaging in mental gymnastics based on ideology or personal agenda, that's activism. And that's not limited to liberals either, 'Conservatives' on the court like Alito can be just as guilty of that.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies