Oh my God he just can't stop himself.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:15:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Oh my God he just can't stop himself.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Oh my God he just can't stop himself.  (Read 3430 times)
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2009, 08:33:22 AM »

I would make a better republican then Ridge or Powell.

Rush is right now the only real voice in the party, the others are content on being 2nd in washington.  The left have bullied these once great republicans.

Either a joke poster or a joke Democrat.  Your pick

Haha  Joke democrat because I'm not a flamin liberal?

Joke poster because I'm not like the rest of the Democratic posters on here?

Ask me if I give a *bleep* what you think.

You tell them !!! Your just like Zell Miller!!! I'd vote for you over a Liberal republican!!!
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2009, 09:32:06 AM »

Rush is right now the only real voice in the party, the others are content on being 2nd in washington.  The left have bullied these once great republicans.

You tell them !!! Your just like Zell Miller!!! I'd vote for you over a Liberal republican!!!

Name one issue Zell Miller agrees with Democrats on and disagrees with Republicans on.

I have no problem with Democrats who break with the Democratic Party on certain issues.  Those who break with the party on every single issue, however, should really ask themselves why they remain.  In the case of Zell Miller, he remained a Democrat through the 2000 and 2004 elections because it got him the attention he craved.  Had he the courage of his convictions, quit the party and joined the Republicans, the news media would not seek out his opinion on much of anything.  (Probably because he is dumb as a box of hair.)

Almost any Democrat or Republican can name several things they agree with the other party about.  Hell, no one loathed George W. Bush as much as I did.  But I found his efforts aimed at conserving vast tracts of ocean sensible and prescient.  Certainly many Republicans here hate Obama's policies, but can name one or two things the guy has done that they approve of.

When a person crosses into "joke" territory, they either agree with their party 100% of the time on every single issue...or they claim to be of a certain party with which they agree on absolutely nothing.

As to Keller being a joke Democrat, perhaps he might want to list four or five issues on which he agrees with our party or our President? I don't agree with Ben Nelson or Evan Bayh on many issues, but I certainly accept them as fellow Democrats.  The whole Zell Miller schtick is a bit over the top, though.  (As is your masquerade.  I am 90% sure you are also this little shaver...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=2899
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2009, 10:59:04 PM »

Name one issue Zell Miller agrees with Democrats on and disagrees with Republicans on.

I have no problem with Democrats who break with the Democratic Party on certain issues.  Those who break with the party on every single issue, however, should really ask themselves why they remain.  In the case of Zell Miller, he remained a Democrat through the 2000 and 2004 elections because it got him the attention he craved.  Had he the courage of his convictions, quit the party and joined the Republicans, the news media would not seek out his opinion on much of anything.  (Probably because he is dumb as a box of hair.)

Almost any Democrat or Republican can name several things they agree with the other party about.  Hell, no one loathed George W. Bush as much as I did.  But I found his efforts aimed at conserving vast tracts of ocean sensible and prescient.  Certainly many Republicans here hate Obama's policies, but can name one or two things the guy has done that they approve of.

When a person crosses into "joke" territory, they either agree with their party 100% of the time on every single issue...or they claim to be of a certain party with which they agree on absolutely nothing.

As to Keller being a joke Democrat, perhaps he might want to list four or five issues on which he agrees with our party or our President? I don't agree with Ben Nelson or Evan Bayh on many issues, but I certainly accept them as fellow Democrats.  The whole Zell Miller schtick is a bit over the top, though.  (As is your masquerade.  I am 90% sure you are also this little shaver...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=2899

Well this President is so far to the left its hard to support anything he does or promote.

There are a number of economic issues that I differ on when it comes to republicans. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2009, 12:17:49 AM »

I can no longer watch Hannity either, and before the election, I would watch him every night. It seems like all the losing has made them want to move even further right to alienate the remaining moderates who inhabit the party. Hannity occasionally talks about how the GOP doesn't want these false "liberal" Republicans in the party. They want to purify the GOP into nothing but a regional group of far right loons.

I'm not advocating we kick out the conservatives, but I am tired of the supposed leaders or voices of the GOP to be condemning a certain sect within the party on radio and national television. It's like the liberal leaders attacking the blue dogs and asking them to get out.

Moving further right will ensure that we see a Republican Party that will only win in the midwest and deep south.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2009, 06:47:00 AM »

It's like the liberal leaders attacking the blue dogs and asking them to get out.

Um, they did do that when they were out of power. Colon Powell is hardly a Republican, he wouldn't even be deemed a moderate by any reasonable Republican.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2009, 06:49:53 AM »

It's like the liberal leaders attacking the blue dogs and asking them to get out.

Um, they did do that when they were out of power. Colon Powell is hardly a Republican, he wouldn't even be deemed a moderate by any reasonable Republican.

I don't think Dick Cheney's defintion of "Republican" should be taken very seriously.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2009, 06:50:51 AM »

I don't think Dick Cheney's defintion of "Republican" should be taken very seriously.

Did I use his definition? If Colon Powell is a Republican then Zell Miller is a Democrat.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies