Which Republican Senators will vote for Sotomayor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:13:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Which Republican Senators will vote for Sotomayor?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Which Republican Senators will vote for Sotomayor?  (Read 15255 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2009, 09:15:06 PM »

Only 2 Republicans out of the 8 Republicans from Obama states voted no (Burr NC  and Grassley IA, and NC was barely Obama).
Only 3 of the 32 Republicans from McCain states voted aye (Bond MO Graham SC Alexeander TN).

The 6 Republicans who voted aye from Obama states were
Collins ME Snowe ME Gregg NH Voinovich OH Lugar IN Martinez FL
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2009, 09:56:49 PM »

I wonder how Kyl thinks he's going to win re-election in 2012. He only got 53% of the vote in 2006 against a mediocre candidate, and it's not like the Hispanic vote in Arizona is shrinking.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2009, 10:16:30 PM »

I wonder how Kyl thinks he's going to win re-election in 2012. He only got 53% of the vote in 2006 against a mediocre candidate, and it's not like the Hispanic vote in Arizona is shrinking.

An insignificant amount of Hispanics will base their vote off of who voted to confirm Sotomayor.  They aren't that simple-minded of a people, Lief.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2009, 10:19:09 PM »

I think you're forgetting that Obama won NV and so put Ensign in the wrong category.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2009, 10:34:52 PM »

An insignificant amount of Hispanics will base their vote off of who voted to confirm Sotomayor.  They aren't that simple-minded of a people, Lief.
No sh**t dude, the point he is trying to make is that this is an anti-latino posturing. Sotomayor extremely high favorables among Latinos across the board, even among many latino Republicans. Meanwhile Rush Limbaugh has ridiculously low favorables among latinos(in the single digits I think). By voting against Sotomayor, Kyl is aligning himself with the "Limbaugh" wing of the party. That won't help on election day.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2009, 10:42:26 PM »

No sh**t dude, the point he is trying to make is that this is an anti-latino posturing. Sotomayor extremely high favorables among Latinos across the board, even among many latino Republicans. Meanwhile Rush Limbaugh has ridiculously low favorables among latinos(in the single digits I think). By voting against Sotomayor, Kyl is aligning himself with the "Limbaugh" wing of the party. That won't help on election day.

So Hispanics in Arizona will see Kyl as "anti-Hispanic" for voting against Sotomayor?  Give me a break.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2009, 10:47:42 PM »

So Hispanics in Arizona will see Kyl as "anti-Hispanic" for voting against Sotomayor?  Give me a break.
More so than if he voted for Sotomayor...

Anyways I don't think you really understand the persona of Mexican-Americans as opposed to other latino groups. Hatred against us is much greater than anyother group and as a whole ridiculous claims of right wing racism work better than in any other group. The ad's that were used against McCain that basically claimed he was a racist, were actually quite affective.

Anyways that vote as a whole will affect Kyl somewhat. Latino turnout could increase if a Democratic opponent used an ad attacking on opposing her nomination and perhaps other less than favorable to latino views he has taken.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies