Do you hate pulling a number and waiting for 2 hours as much as I do?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 10, 2024, 01:43:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you hate pulling a number and waiting for 2 hours as much as I do?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you hate pulling a number and waiting for 2 hours as much as I do?  (Read 639 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 29, 2009, 05:00:39 AM »

I went to the American Consulate in Frankfurt this morning (45 min. drive) in order to renew my American passport.

My "appointment" was scheduled for 7:45 am....and this is a new system.....you used to just go to the Consulate and wait in line....so I expected that this might speed up the process significantly....well....I turned out to be wrong.

I arrived at 7:45 to check in.....that went fast enough....and by 7:50 I was waiting in line to go through security.....This is where the fun started....Security took about 30 minutes...out in the cool morning air....

And then, to my dismay, I still had to pull a number and wait.....WTH are the appointments for then?

That took another 30 minutes until I was called to submit my documentation for passport renewal. I was happy at that point because I thought it was almost over. Wrong again, I was sent downstairs to purchase a postal stamp because the Consulate doesn't pay for their mail....

And then when I got back from that, I was told to wait for my number to be called again. It took another FULL hour for that to happen.

For what purpose, you may ask? Well, the woman I gave my forms to isn't an "officer" or whatever....so I had to wait for an official to witness my SIGNING my application.....I waited a whole hour just to have somebody watch me sign a paper.....

And for this honor...I only had to pay $100!

Question: Do you hate these kinds of situations as well? Smiley
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 05:04:25 AM »

The last time I went to the DMV it took less than 10 minutes for me to get a new license.  Perhaps all the old DMV employees have moved on to bigger and better things? 

Everything military related works that way too.  "hurry up and wait" is the DoD's motto.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 05:44:53 AM »

$100.45, I think you mean.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:46:59 AM »

more like $105.04 Wink
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 12:01:29 PM »

haha I hate it!

What month are you coming to the best country in the world?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies