Bigotry towards whites
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:50:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Bigotry towards whites
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Is there widespread bigotry towards whites in America today?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (Other)

No (Other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Bigotry towards whites  (Read 10519 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2009, 10:35:58 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

First, it is re-assuring to see that CARLHAYDEN feels the need to personally attack me.  Clearly he has nothing better to do!

Second, he implies that I am a "space cadet", when in fact I made it perfectly clear that I am already far more successful in the field of space exloration than my peers.

Third, insert rebuttal #37-B here

Fourth, It is not suprising to see CARLHAYDEN resort to personal attacks to make his nonseniscal point!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2009, 10:37:18 PM »

At least you're consistent...
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2009, 10:40:19 PM »

... consistently wrang!
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2009, 12:15:33 AM »

First, it is re-assuring to see that CARLHAYDEN feels the need to personally attack me.  Clearly he has nothing better to do!

Second, he implies that I am a "space cadet", when in fact I made it perfectly clear that I am already far more successful in the field of space exloration than my peers.

Fourth, It is not suprising to see CARLHAYDEN resort to personal attacks to make his nonsensical point!

Its so typical of you to omit the original absurd assertion of yours to which I responded.   Or are you still "in orbit"  in the "NASA flight program" and the oxygen has been depleted?

Now either your original assertion was "nonsensical," or perhaps you will explain why you omitted it from the response?  Trying to remove the context?

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2009, 12:40:39 AM »

Fourth, It is not suprising to see CARLHAYDEN resort to personal attacks to make his nonsensical point!

Its so typical of you to omit the original absurd assertion of yours to which I responded.   Or are you still "in orbit"  in the "NASA flight program" and the oxygen has been depleted?

Now either your original assertion was "nonsensical," or perhaps you will explain why you omitted it from the response?  Trying to remove the context?

[/quote

First, the only "absurd assertion of yours" is yours!  Perhaps it is you who is the one who has suffered from the depletion of oxygen which often occurs in space flight.

Second, the deletion of my initial post was perfomed in order to conserve space.  And I should certainly know about that!  As my colleagues in NASA would certainly tell you, along with former Senator John Glenn no doubt.

Third,
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2009, 02:04:45 AM »

First, I think it's time you stop dodging the question and deleting content, "space cadet."

Second, I notice this spacey "space cadet" is even worse than looney crackpipe Lunar LOL.  Your brain sure seems as empty as "space" lately.

Third, I notice you resort to personal insults instead of substance.  Hardly surprising!  LOL.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2009, 02:34:47 AM »

First, I think it's time you stop dodging the question and deleting content, "space cadet."

Second, I notice this spacey "space cadet" is even worse than looney crackpipe Lunar LOL.  Your brain sure seems as empty as "space" lately.

Third, I notice you resort to personal insults instead of substance.  Hardly surprising!  LOL.

Well, at least Lunar is consistent.  Consistently wrong!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2009, 02:44:39 AM »

Dude, NOT COOL.  Below the belt.  It always gets me.  It raises my hopes about being consistent and then transforms into a slap across the face as I learn that my consistency is less impressive than it would otherwise appear.

[/quote]
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2009, 02:53:06 AM »

Dude, NOT COOL.  Below the belt.  It always gets me.  It raises my hopes about being consistent and then transforms into a slap across the face as I learn that my consistency is less impressive than it would otherwise appear.

[/quote]

I am pleased to see that you agree to being "less impressive", although I doubt you would be capable of a "slap" "below the belt", unless it were onto your own drug-addled self!  I've no doubt that would "raise [your] hopes"!

[/
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2009, 05:05:22 AM »

Code:
I like the current insanity trend in this thread, but is the bad coding part of the fun or something else?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2009, 09:54:44 AM »

Code:
I like the current insanity trend in this thread, but is the bad coding part of the fun or something else?

(Let's just say that this thread has officially been CARLHAYDEN'd.  Wink )
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2009, 01:13:38 PM »

Widespread?  No, does that mean bigotry against whites doesn't happen?  Of course not, but bigotry against whites happens far fewer than bigotry against blacks, hispanics, etc.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2009, 03:16:58 PM »

Now where did the notion that there's widespread bigotry towards whites come from then?  Sure you get people harbouring such sentiments, you get them everywhere, but right now in the USA, I sincerely doubt that it's anywhere close to widespread.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2009, 06:26:13 PM »

Now where did the notion that there's widespread bigotry towards whites come from then?  Sure you get people harbouring such sentiments, you get them everywhere, but right now in the USA, I sincerely doubt that it's anywhere close to widespread.

Ever been in a black community?
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2009, 06:30:09 PM »

And your point being?  Any presumed anti-white bigotry in those places would be localised, not widespread (and that's assuming that there is any in any particular community too).
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2009, 06:34:54 PM »

What's your definition of widespread?
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2009, 06:38:36 PM »

Nationwide, put simply.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2009, 06:43:43 PM »

Understandable, but I think most people don't think of things like that on a national level. Especially in such a large country as the USA.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2009, 06:51:14 PM »

original post guys

Take it upon yourself to determine what "widespread" consists of.
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2009, 08:56:34 PM »

That's way too vague. Could we say the opposite then; racism towards blacks in the modern era is nationwide? Does it mean because it's found in Maine and Washington we could say it's 'widespread'? I doubt, either way, we could be that knowledgeable.

"Widespread" being in the OP fucked everything up. Smiley
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2009, 03:30:10 AM »

That's way too vague. Could we say the opposite then; racism towards blacks in the modern era is nationwide? Does it mean because it's found in Maine and Washington we could say it's 'widespread'? I doubt, either way, we could be that knowledgeable.

"Widespread" being in the OP fucked everything up. Smiley

I did say "put simply", and even when posting I couldn't help but think that it's quite possibly an oversimplification.  But generally, my point is, bigotry towards whites, whilst it does happen, it's not an overly common occurrence that's worth making news over.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2009, 06:51:43 AM »

LMAO No
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2009, 11:28:56 AM »

Yes.

I'm having trouble understanding why people are saying "no"?

Well, I don't think it's widespread but a lot of the no votes (I didn't vote) come from handwringers.

and people who apparently don't live around large populations of African-Americans.

Clearly

I don't think anyone would call me a racist but I must say that it is hilarious to take race lectures from rich kids in the suburban Pacific Northwest, for example, who will probably see as many blacks in their lifetime as I'll see in a day.

Tell me more about your daily contact with African Americans. I am truly curious.

Yes.

I'm having trouble understanding why people are saying "no"?

Well, I don't think it's widespread but a lot of the no votes (I didn't vote) come from handwringers.

and people who apparently don't live around large populations of African-Americans.

Clearly

I don't think anyone would call me a racist but I must say that it is hilarious to take race lectures from rich kids in the suburban Pacific Northwest, for example, who will probably see as many blacks in their lifetime as I'll see in a day.

Exactly.  I'd love to have some of them come down to Memphis and listen to black radio.  A gay man called into the show hosted by a major Democrat activist and the host called him a "f****t" over and over again and said that all homosexuals are going to hell.  But of course that's okay because he's a Democrat and a part of the precious protected class of dark-skinned people.

Yeah, it's almost like these hypocrites' only contact with blacks is through forms of media like TV and radio---oh, wait.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2009, 11:59:51 AM »

My entire adult life.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2009, 12:49:18 PM »

Tell me more about your daily contact with African Americans. I am truly curious.

Are you really unfamiliar with where I go to school? How about the city I live in/where I hang out? We've been over this before. I'm not lecturing anyone, saying that I'm some expert in race affairs. I'm just tired of kids in lily white suburbia acting like they know so much more and have lived, worked, played, etc. in diverse areas. You've said the same thing about handwringers in Vermont.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies