Democratic Alliance Convention: May-June 2009 - ENDORSEMENT VOTE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:14:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance Convention: May-June 2009 - ENDORSEMENT VOTE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance Convention: May-June 2009 - ENDORSEMENT VOTE  (Read 10616 times)
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 10:32:30 PM »

Oh, I'll try and work on a map for all three parties tomorrow.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 10:34:16 PM »

I think you guys have TCash in the Southeast.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 10:41:06 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2009, 10:45:50 PM by Bayh! `10 »

Hello, my friends. Thank you very much for inviting me to speak at your convention. It is an honor and a privilege.

When you look at the Senate, many of its members have previously held office for several terms. My opponents are much the same way. While experience is good, having people maintain their positions for too long often breeds stagnation. We don't need career politicians. It's time for a fresh perspective in the Senate, a new and enthusiastic voice. If I get the privilege of being Senator, I'm not going to sit back and vote "Aye" on every bit of legislation that comes my way. I'm not afraid to challenge the current Senators. I will fight for my values. As a moderate, I will not vote according to party line. Rather, I will examine everything on it's own merits. And I will work across the aisle if necessary.

While I don't side with your party on every issue, I do agree with you on some. I believe that we should eliminate inactive members. I believe that participation is an absolute necessity. The more active this forum, the better it will be. I have been working hard to get more members, not only on Atlasia, but in the Atlas forum. I will continue to do so as a Senator. I have also been messaging members that have not been active for a while, encouraging them to get active in Atlas again. On External Affairs, I side with your party on wide variety of issues such as gay marriage, education, the environment, free trade, and the war on terror. While I may disagree on a few areas, I can assure you that I will always represent your core values. And I will always work hard to find common ground with others as well.

While my views are slightly closer to the RPP, you have an excellent party, and you should be proud of it. And don't worry, I have never spoken ill of your party, and never will. And I don't think you all are a bunch of empty suits. Wink

If elected, I will encourage all citizens of Atlasia to contact me regularly. I will also hold public meetings, asking them on their concerns. And I will do my best to respond. Because the truth is, I don't just need your help to win this election. I need your help as a Senator. We all do: the system can't work if people aren't engaged. Working together, we can put aside our occasional petty squabbles. We can, and will, press forward to make Atlasia a better place for all. But only if I have your support in doing so.

Thank You, And Good night.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »

tmthforu94, I must ask why do you expect members of the party who are party of the so-called "old-guard" to offer you their endorsement when you speak out againest them, saying your sole qualification is your recent registration and "new, maverick" ideas?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 05:48:29 AM »

tmthforu94, I must ask why do you expect members of the party who are party of the so-called "old-guard" to offer you their endorsement when you speak out againest them, saying your sole qualification is your recent registration and "new, maverick" ideas?

I don't speak against you, but with you. I want to collaborate new ideas with old ideas. If we keep the same ideas implemented on Atlasia, nothing will change, and the activity will decrease. But, if we can generate some new idea's in there, we can hopefully spark some interest in Atlasia.

I'm not against your party's platform at all. In fact, I agree with most of it. More, I think, than either of my opponents. I just want to bring something new to the table, something the other 2 can't bring, as they have been around Atlasia for quite a while. Tongue

Thank you for the question. Dave Bless You! Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 07:00:03 AM »

On External Affairs, I side with your party on wide variety of issues such as gay marriage, education, the environment, free trade, and the war on terror.

ROFL. Gay marriage, education and environment are not foreign policy issues.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 09:28:46 AM »

On External Affairs, I side with your party on wide variety of issues such as gay marriage, education, the environment, free trade, and the war on terror.

ROFL. Gay marriage, education and environment are not foreign policy issues.
When I said external, I considered that as issues outside of Atlasia, and today in America, where most of us live, those issues are extremely important. I also side with your party, though, on the War On Terror.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 09:45:34 AM »

I move to endorse the Democratic Alliance candidate.....Gustaf!
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 09:52:57 AM »

I have great respect for Gustaf, but do you think it is wise for Gustaf to be running? If he somehow wins that would mean there are four DA candidates in the next At-Large Senate race and that would mean we will most likely lose two or more seats.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 09:54:10 AM »

I have great respect for Gustaf, but do you think it is wise for Gustaf to be running? If he somehow wins that would mean there are four DA candidates in the next At-Large Senate race and that would mean we will most likely lose two or more seats.

You've got a point...but it's still illogical to not run for a seat because it might be lost a couple of months later.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 12:11:39 PM »

You've got a point...but it's still illogical to not run for a seat because it might be lost a couple of months later.

Maybe, he can run for the Midwest Senator and not an At-large seat.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 04:36:25 PM »

Alright. I'm just going to say my piece and let you all decide on who to support in the DA. If it's Gustaf, then best of luck to him. I like the guy even if he does poke fun at my past gaffes... Tongue

Anyway, I'm not going to cast stones at my other opponents, but I do want to address some of the knocks I've read that have been hurled in my direction recently. Yes, I was very inactive over the course of the past school year. I do go to school and I do have activities that keep me from being extremely active during the course of the academic year. From May till September, I will be unemployed and spending the days wasting away on the back porch of my house overlooking the golf course. I have a Macbook and plenty of time to post, debate and work with the Senators on a day-to-day basis. I also have an iPhone complete with Push Email, so I will instantly get PM's if someone needs to tell me something. I will be available during this term, and if school begins and I have to retire, then so be it, but I would love a chance to try and bring some activity and excitement back to the Senate.

I have outlined some of the ideas I have that could increase interest and activity in the Senate in my campaign thread. I will quote it if need be. So why, then, do I come asking for your endorsement? Well, first of all, I challenge any of you to find me speaking ill of this or any other party in Atlasia. I am big on respect, and if you respect me, I will give you the same in return. The only time I have ever gone after anyone was Mr. Xahar, and I think many of us understand that hacking is not appropriate. I was never against the SDP, and I assured MaxQue of that, and Marokai. Second, I am not a party-line RPP voter, which goes along with my persona in real life. When you're a pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-gun control, pro-bailout Republican, it's hard to be a party line supporter. In the past, I have opposed many of the right libertarian legislation they tried to push through the Dirty South. I broke with the party and supported my good friend, Senator Bacon King in his senate election, as well as pushing RPP leadership to endorse him over another candidate they much preferred. I voted for AndrewCT/aflietch over bgwah because I felt it was the right thing for Atlasia. I believe my record of pragmatism fits in well with the DA

To take from PiT's campaign promise of unity, I promise to you all that I will work with the DA, not talk ill of it, in order to promote a stronger, more active Senate that is more in touch with the people of Atlasia. I don't claim to be perfect. No, I haven't written a tutorial or fixed a large chunk of the Wiki, but if I am to be punished for having school and activities during school, then maybe the Senate isn't for me. No, I'm not brand new blood as I have held elected office for nearly a year. Often we don't need complete newbies to join the Senate before holding another office. But I ask for a chance. I have a record of creating activity using different methods. I believe that I can do it again in the Senate. It would be an honor to receive this endorsement. Thanks for reading this mumbo-jumbo, and good luck with your decision!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 04:43:19 PM »

The only time I have ever gone after anyone was Mr. Xahar, and I think many of us understand that hacking is not appropriate.

Well, you did say that you wanted to waterboard me in the past...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 04:54:03 PM »

The only time I have ever gone after anyone was Mr. Xahar, and I think many of us understand that hacking is not appropriate.

Look, I will admit I can sometimes speak my mind to openly, but you did call me a Nazi/Hitler, which I didn't like either. But I don't want to fight about the past. I have no problems with you, Hashy, even if you did call me Hitler and leave my region. If I was nearby, I would give you a hug to show you my commitment.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009, 05:55:58 PM »

I think we can start the President and DL elections anytime. Or we can delay those until after the special election endorsement.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2009, 06:11:37 PM »

Look, I will admit I can sometimes speak my mind to openly, but you did call me a Nazi/Hitler, which I didn't like either. But I don't want to fight about the past. I have no problems with you, Hashy, even if you did call me Hitler and leave my region. If I was nearby, I would give you a hug to show you my commitment.

Calling me Hashy doesn't help either Grin
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2009, 09:45:39 PM »

I think we can start the President and DL elections anytime. Or we can delay those until after the special election endorsement.

I agree, we should go ahead and start the vote.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2009, 06:53:01 AM »

President

[ ] Hashemite
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain

Deputy Leader

[ ] Purple State
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain

Special Election Endorsement

[ ] Marokai Blue
[ ] AHDuke99
[ ] Bayh '10
[ ] Keystone Phil
[ ] Gustaf
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain

Laws pertaining to this election

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Democratic_Alliance_Bylaws

Section I
Section II, Clause C
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2009, 07:08:22 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2009, 08:54:23 AM by ♠♣♦Dan♦♣♠ »

President

• Hashemite
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain

Deputy Leader

• Purple State
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain

[ ] Marokai Blue
  • AHDuke99
[ ] Bayh '10
[ ] Keystone Phil
[ ] Gustaf
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain

Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2009, 07:22:55 AM »

President

• Hashemite
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain

Deputy Leader

• Purple State
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain

• Marokai Blue
[ ] AHDuke99
[ ] Bayh '10
[ ] Keystone Phil
[ ] Gustaf
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2009, 08:43:04 AM »

President

[ X ] Hashemite
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain

Deputy Leader

[ X ] Purple State
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain

[ ] Marokai Blue
[ X ] AHDuke99
[ ] Bayh '10
[ ] Keystone Phil
[ ] Gustaf
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2009, 08:48:32 AM »

I guess I should say something on the subject of endorsements in the race I'm in.

Apart from being an actual member of the DA, I believe I have some other things to offer:

1. I really believe in the party platform. I have a strong centrist record throughout my time in the Atlas Forum. Centrism has never been about being inoffensive or cowardly. It's about deeply held convictions and principles combined with the appreciation and tolerance of those with other beliefs and the avoidance of simple populist solutions.

2. I've been here the longest. Not always a good quality, but when it comes to Atlasian politics it sometimes helps to have seen it all happen before. I can help avoiding past mistakes and I have some experience of what works and what does not work when it comes to running these things.

3. I don't take myself too seriously and I'm always ready to listen to the concerns of others, rather than mindlessly pushing for my own pet projects.

Also, I understand there is some concern about my winning a seat resulting in future losses. Things happen quickly in Atlasian politics so it may be different circumstances once we get there. However, I'm perfectly willing to step down for the next election if such is the case.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2009, 09:50:44 AM »

I guess I should say something on the subject of endorsements in the race I'm in.

Apart from being an actual member of the DA, I believe I have some other things to offer:

1. I really believe in the party platform. I have a strong centrist record throughout my time in the Atlas Forum. Centrism has never been about being inoffensive or cowardly. It's about deeply held convictions and principles combined with the appreciation and tolerance of those with other beliefs and the avoidance of simple populist solutions.

2. I've been here the longest. Not always a good quality, but when it comes to Atlasian politics it sometimes helps to have seen it all happen before. I can help avoiding past mistakes and I have some experience of what works and what does not work when it comes to running these things.

3. I don't take myself too seriously and I'm always ready to listen to the concerns of others, rather than mindlessly pushing for my own pet projects.

Also, I understand there is some concern about my winning a seat resulting in future losses. Things happen quickly in Atlasian politics so it may be different circumstances once we get there. However, I'm perfectly willing to step down for the next election if such is the case.

I think you should run for Midwest Senator, that is why I'm not voting for you. Also, I believe Duke will be a very good Senator that will also bring good debate to the senate that they currently don't have.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2009, 09:51:15 AM »

President

[X] Hashemite
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain

Deputy Leader

[X] Purple State
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain

[ ] Marokai Blue
[X] AHDuke99
[ ] Bayh '10
[ ] Keystone Phil
[ ] Gustaf
[ ] Write-in:
[ ] Abstain
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2009, 11:25:25 AM »

Umm...people, don't we have a party rule that DA candidates ALWAYS get the endorsement?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies