Democratic Alliance Convention: May-June 2009 - ENDORSEMENT VOTE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:35:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance Convention: May-June 2009 - ENDORSEMENT VOTE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance Convention: May-June 2009 - ENDORSEMENT VOTE  (Read 10457 times)
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2009, 08:10:56 PM »

Thank you for this nomination

I of course vote aye.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2009, 10:21:47 PM »

AYE
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2009, 10:34:12 PM »

A number of amendments to the bylaws:

Section 1:

(1) The President is the official head of the DA and public representative of the Party. He/she presides over conventions and all internal votes. He/she is elected at every convention by party members, and must receive at least 50%+1 of votes cast to be deemed elected.

(i) In the event that no candidate for President receives 50%+1 or more of all votes cast, another round of voting will be held until a President is elected.

(ii) At any time during the vote, one candidate for DA President may assign all votes received to any other candidate for President.

(2) The Deputy Leader represents the DA in relations with other parties and assumes the interim leadership when the chair is unable to fulfill his duties. He/she is elected at every convention by party members, and must receive 50%+1 of votes cast to be deemed elected.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2009, 10:36:43 PM »

A number of amendments to the bylaws:

Section 1:

(1) The President is the official head of the DA and public representative of the Party. He/she presides over conventions and all internal votes. He/she is elected at every convention by party members, and must receive at least 50%+1 of votes cast to be deemed elected.

(i) In the event that no candidate for President receives 50%+1 or more of all votes cast, another round of voting will be held until a President is elected.

(ii) At any time during the vote, one candidate for DA President may assign all votes received to any other candidate for President.

(2) The Deputy Leader represents the DA in relations with other parties and assumes the interim leadership when the chair is unable to fulfill his duties. He/she is elected at every convention by party members, and must receive 50%+1 of votes cast to be deemed elected.

That seems fair.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2009, 04:29:20 PM »

Aye on Dan

And bump, we need more votes. The lack of voting and participation is unacceptable.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2009, 04:30:59 PM »

Aye
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2009, 04:33:11 PM »

We need a minimum of 2 more votes before the quorum is achieved.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2009, 05:22:00 PM »

Can I vote, or does the ten days before you can vote rule apply to party conventions as well?
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2009, 05:26:28 PM »

Can I vote, or does the ten days before you can vote rule apply to party conventions as well?

I'm sure you can vote, just go ahead and vote and if the Hashemite think your vote should count he will say so.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2009, 05:34:50 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ok

Aye to Dan as secretery
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2009, 07:17:40 PM »

Democratic Alliance,

I seek your endorsement in the Midwest Senate race.  I realize this will be a difficult endorsement to make, as many of you are good friends with MasterJedi and have already endorsed him.  MasterJedi and myself are both highly qualified, talented, and capable individuals.  Really the only thing that seperates us is our ideologies.  MasterJedi is on the right, I am on the left.  The DA is the party of the center.  When the endorsement vote is taken, I would ask each of you to ask yourselves: which side am I closer to?  For those of you who are truly in the center, I think my former membership in the DA ought to at least count for something.  I stand for the official DA party platform entirely.

Thank you,
Fritz
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2009, 07:35:15 PM »

Democratic Alliance,

I seek your endorsement in the Midwest Senate race.  I realize this will be a difficult endorsement to make, as many of you are good friends with MasterJedi and have already endorsed him.  MasterJedi and myself are both highly qualified, talented, and capable individuals.  Really the only thing that seperates us is our ideologies.  MasterJedi is on the right, I am on the left.  The DA is the party of the center.  When the endorsement vote is taken, I would ask each of you to ask yourselves: which side am I closer to?  For those of you who are truly in the center, I think my former membership in the DA ought to at least count for something.  I stand for the official DA party platform entirely.

Thank you,
Fritz

I have to ask why you left our party and now come seeking our endorsement? This is especially prevalent as you say you stand for our platform entirely, while your current party has no expressed platform.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2009, 07:36:38 PM »

Sure you can Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2009, 07:54:50 PM »

I have to ask why you left our party and now come seeking our endorsement? This is especially prevalent as you say you stand for our platform entirely, while your current party has no expressed platform.

I think I stated my reasons for changing parties fairly clearly in my campaign announcement.  I am a center-leftist, leaning towards the left.  The JCP is a more comfortable fit for me than the DA.  I stayed with the DA as long as I did mainly because I do agree with the party platform.  I left when it became clear that the party would endorse a Presidential ticket that I have no intention of voting for.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2009, 11:30:22 PM »

Being a proud new member of the Democratic Alliance, I vote Aye.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2009, 11:42:31 PM »

I concur with Senator Purple State's question; how do we know you're just not using the DA so you can get elected, and not because you believe in us?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2009, 10:02:52 AM »

bump.

Vote on by-law amendments. Please vote AYE or NAY (or ABSTAIN) on each section

Section 1, Part A, Clause 1:

Section 1, Part A, Clause 1: add sub-clause (iii)

(iii) The vote will last atleast 24 hours and require a quorum of DA members' votes cast to serve as valid.

Section 1, Part A, Clause 2:

Section 1, Part A, Clause 2: add sub-clause (iii)

(iii) The vote will last atleast 24 hours and require a quorum of DA members' votes cast to serve as valid.

Section 2, Part A change to:

(A) Regular conventions will be held every three to four months after the start of the last convention.

Section 3 change to:

(A) For all elections, an official party endorsement vote will be held. These may be held during a convention or at any time at the discretion of the President.

(B) For a candidate to receive official endorsement by the Democratic Alliance, he must receive the support of the majority of DA members voting.

Section 6 change to:

(A) Those members found guilty of corruption, abuse of power, trolling, voter fraud or similar offenses shall be suspended from activity in official party functions, either temporarily or permanently at the President's discretion after consultation with the Deputy Leader.

The President of the DA shall be making an official statement on the Dan situation within the next 24 hours, and the press shall be allowed to ask questions following the statement.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2009, 10:54:33 AM »

AYE
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2009, 10:58:17 AM »

Section 1, Part A, Clause 1: AYE
Section 1, Part A, Clause 2: AYE
Section 2, Part A change to: AYE
Section 3 change to: AYE
Section 6 change to: AYE
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2009, 11:50:42 AM »

Aye to all
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2009, 12:05:43 PM »

Aye to all
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2009, 06:48:19 PM »

Bump. The lack of participation is unacceptable.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »

I Concur.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2009, 06:52:21 PM »

I apologise but I am suffering a period of estrangement from the DA and have been for a few months now. What has 'happened' (and DA members should know what I'm talking about) isn't what I believed we stood for.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2009, 06:55:23 PM »

I apologise but I am suffering a period of estrangement from the DA and have been for a few months now. What has 'happened' (and DA members should know what I'm talking about) isn't what I believed we stood for.

I'm sorry, but I'm relitivaley new to the Party.  What exactly happened?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies