George Tiller dead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:10:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  George Tiller dead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: George Tiller dead  (Read 10241 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2009, 08:04:57 PM »

Thanks to Scott Roeder, many babies will be safe. It's sad that it had to turn out like this, but Tiller was doing an awful thing, even though Obama doesn't seem to think so...

I just told my 8 year-old nephew about how someone who aborted babies was shot, and even my nephew thought that killing babies this late was wrong.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2009, 08:29:51 PM »

Honestly, I can't say that I'm in any way saddened by this.  But then again, I tend to view late-term abortion as being infanticide.  Thus, in my opinion, Tiller got what was coming to him.  I also can't figure out what church would allow him - the church of Satan?  Seriously.

That being said, his murderer (terrorism = lol) clearly deserves the death penalty and maybe some waterboarding too...  Tongue

I have to wonder what happens when this murderer gets the needle and wakes up to realize Tiller is there next to him in the not-so-nice place.  That would be worth the price of admission..., nah, probably not....

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2009, 08:33:28 PM »

Hopefully, Kansas has the death penalty. The murderer needs to die in due course.  I am willing to take Sam's advice on this one, and "be patient."
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2009, 08:37:17 PM »

Hopefully, Kansas has the death penalty. The murderer needs to die in due course.  I am willing to take Sam's advice on this one, and "be patient."

It does, but I don't think it "finishes the business" quickly (Texas is the only state which does that)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2009, 08:54:35 PM »

While his line of work is quite disgusting, nothing justifies this act of aggression against him. RIP.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2009, 10:04:06 PM »

That being said, his murderer (terrorism = lol) clearly deserves the death penalty and maybe some waterboarding too...  Tongue

This is clearly an act of terrorism Sam, by any objective definition of the word.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2009, 10:09:39 PM »

Honestly, I can't say that I'm in any way saddened by this.  But then again, I tend to view late-term abortion as being infanticide.  Thus, in my opinion, Tiller got what was coming to him.  I also can't figure out what church would allow him - the church of Satan?  Seriously.

I have to wonder what happens when this murderer gets the needle and wakes up to realize Tiller is there next to him in the not-so-nice place.  That would be worth the price of admission..., nah, probably not....

This is surely an odd combination of views. Southern culture of violence, much?
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2009, 10:21:45 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2009, 10:26:00 PM by Einzige »

Anybody saying, "I'm not saddened by this" or "he had it coming" is the height of holy-rolling hypocrisy, not to mention subhuman trash. I understand that this board is chock-full of Judeo-Christian untermenschen who revel in their own mediocrity, but to glorify your worthless religion on the basis of a murder is basically the hallmark of a sociopathic mind. We as a society have been too kind to such moralistic monsters; the time is soon drawing near when it will be necessary to put such activities down by the rule of force. This inferior faith has poisoned the Western mind for too long.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2009, 10:33:33 PM »

I admit I was shocked when I heard this. In a church of all places. Not that I would ever support the murder, but if you really thought he was hurting innocents why kill him where so many innocent people were present? Extremism really does twist ones morals, I suppose. Everything becomes justifiable as long as it’s for the cause.

RIP.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2009, 10:46:30 PM »

http://narcosphere.narconews.com/thefield/terrorism-and-state-lesson-again-right-and-left

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2009, 11:18:35 PM »

the time is soon drawing near when it will be necessary to put such activities down by the rule of force. This inferior faith has poisoned the Western mind for too long.

So freedom for individuals only when YOU determine it to be so. You're not only a liar but a huge hypocrite. Don't ever talk about being some sort of Libertarian ever again. You're clearly an authoritarian thug.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2009, 11:32:39 PM »

This is surely an odd combination of views. Southern culture of violence, much?

No, it isn't.  It is quite logical.  Please reread.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2009, 11:33:48 PM »

The right-wing domestic terrorists strike again.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2009, 11:44:36 PM »

Aside from the questionable moral choices this doctor made, it is painfully obvious that a segment of our society, more often than not associated with Ultra-right wing, christian extremism, refuses to participate in Democracy. We have a concept, called loyal opposition, that means, when you lose an election, on an issue, on policy, you work within the system to change it. The VAST majority of the pro-life movement understands this. Unfortunately, some in the media, (Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh) don't get it.

I also note with some disdain that these are the same clowns who regularly blame video games, gays, feminists, and atheists with polluting the minds of the public, but refuse to consider that calling Obama a threat to American values or a race warrior might insight the nutters to violence. I'm not saying this is clear cause and effect, but as recently as April O'Reilly was railing against "Tiller the baby killer." He also had him tailed, as he is prone to.

Arguing for secession, claiming some moral ambiguity about this killing, etc etc, are all examples of people who cannot follow the rules. Its not like the right wing has never controlled this country, but unlike the far left, which is not innocent but certainly seems less violent (I'm moving to Canada!) the extreme right refuses to accept valid electoral and political outcomes, simply because of a sense of religious/cultural entitlement.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2009, 11:48:33 PM »

Hmm, who was that Republican that said US soldiers were bombing villages and terrorizing civilians? Who was the Republican who sat on an anti aircraft gun during the Vietnam war? I forgot her name again.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2009, 11:51:29 PM »

You're from Wisconsin, aren't they like Minnesota's bitch or something?
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2009, 11:57:32 PM »

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Florida
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2009, 11:59:43 PM »

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Wisconsin
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2009, 12:05:25 AM »

Fair enough.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2009, 12:06:59 AM »

Tongue I'm just joshing you, you're one of the good guys. Just disagree with you.

Einzige however is the like the Atlas Forum version of the swine flu.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2009, 01:47:19 AM »

So, the suspect has been arrested before for having explosives in his car and was a member of the Montana Freemen?

Terrorist, indeed. In fact, this is reminiscent of Taliban actions in places like Pakistan.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2009, 03:57:33 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

When has any pro-choice advocate shot a pro-life activist?

Hope no one was thinking I wasn't expecting anyone to ask this. There is a site that has a whole list of these types of incidents.

http://abortionviolence.com/more.html

That's two cases (Simon and Burke).
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2009, 06:36:44 AM »

It seems that's just a collection of any piece of violence committed by a pro-abortion "activist" or doctor.   Like in the case of the satanist shooting "pro-life minister" Simon -- he was probably killed because he was a minister, not because he was a pro-life activist.

Burks, possibly.  He killed a pro-life politician, but was that the reason for the murder?

Do pro-life ministers receive death threats for their activities?  To me, the political violence is concentrated on one side of this issue.  But that is unsurprising since there is no real reason to attack pro-life activists when abortion is legal everywhere in the United States.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2009, 06:46:40 AM »

random search result... freep comment to an obviously very similar list...

"Misleading to say the least. Byron "Low Tax" Looper's cold-blooded murder of Senator Tommy Burke had nothing at all to do with the issue of abortion. And Eileen Janezic was a nut who murdered Jerry Simon because he and his wife Carol wouldn't testify on her behalf in a child-custody hearing.

I don't like abortion, but I don't like lies either. "
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2009, 06:56:01 AM »

Brandon's link also contains such great lines as:

This link is the gift that keeps on giving!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies