EU elections 2009
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:33:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  EU elections 2009
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19]
Author Topic: EU elections 2009  (Read 111240 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: June 07, 2009, 03:24:10 AM »

well I just cast my vote for the FDP.

Take a look at this massive ballot:

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #451 on: June 07, 2009, 04:17:48 AM »

...and I just cast mine for the Greens.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #452 on: June 07, 2009, 06:30:33 AM »

Pre-noon turnout down in 15 states of Germany, exception being Hamburg. Only very slightly down in Frankfurt.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #453 on: June 07, 2009, 06:58:04 AM »

Just came back from voting for the Greens. There were about 20-30 people waiting in my precinct to vote and I´m from a small town. I had the feeling that there was a bigger crowd than in the general election last year, which had 80% turnout. Don't know what that means - my town having higher than normal turnout or just a rush of people after lunch.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #454 on: June 07, 2009, 07:00:55 AM »

Just came back from voting for the Greens. There were about 20-30 people waiting in my precinct to vote and I´m from a small town. I had the feeling that there was a bigger crowd than in the general election last year, which had 80% turnout. Don't know what that means - my town having higher than normal turnout or just a rush of people after lunch.
You did vote right after lunch, after all. Busiest time, at least in Germany.
freek
Netherlands

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #455 on: June 07, 2009, 02:44:59 PM »

Freek - how would you describe the areas where PVV did well? At first glance, there doesn't seem to be much of a religious element to that map. They did well along the German border in Limburg

Geert Wilders is from Limburg (Venlo). In Limburg they tend to vote for Limburgish candidates.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
And Western Noord-Brabant. Areas with more immigrants, densely populated. Industrialized. PVV did especially well in areas with high amounts of white working class people. Low education and fear for immigrants. This also explains why in Rotterdam PVV performs well, and why they don't in Amsterdam. In Amsterdam, the white working class population has left for suburban towns as Almere, Purmerend, Hoofddorp all: PVV largest party. They were replaced by immigrants, and by highly educated, more cosmopolitan people from the rest of the Netherlands. Immigrants don't vote, or they vote PvdA. The higher classes vote D66, or GroenLinks. In Rotterdam, the working class population exodus was not as large as in Amsterdam. There, the higher classes have left the city (for example to Amsterdam).
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Ah, yes, the Oldambt. This is an interesting area. It used to be Communist territory (CPN had a majority), until 1990. There were some strongholds where the New Communist Party NCPN was the largest party until ~2002 (the towns of Finsterwolde and Beerta). An area with fertile clay soil, huge grain farms, very rich farmers, and a large population of poor labourers who became communists a hundred years ago. It is still the poorest part of the country, relatively high unemployment. And they are used to voting with the middle finger.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #456 on: June 07, 2009, 02:48:20 PM »

There's been all kinds of controversy over the size of the ballots, UKIP in the UK have been complaining that since they were at the bottom of the ballot, they were being folded under and their voters couldnt find them.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #457 on: June 07, 2009, 02:55:57 PM »

There's been all kinds of controversy over the size of the ballots, UKIP in the UK have been complaining that since they were at the bottom of the ballot, they were being folded under and their voters couldnt find them.

In California, we'd call that a short ballot. This is a long ballot.
doktorb
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #458 on: June 09, 2009, 04:37:35 AM »

19 candidates in London region - the 3-foot-ish ballot is on Wiki I think.....
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies