Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:47:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'  (Read 16817 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »

You have my support and my 1st or 2nd preference depending on who of you or Fritz needs a first preference more when I vote. Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2009, 11:39:12 AM »

Haha, the DA has 3 candidates, 9 active voters, and one is breaking for the JCP
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2009, 11:53:02 AM »

You misrepresent what the DA stands for. We don't believe in having a crushingly large party, we don't pressure our members to vote for who we want. What we do is promote responsible and active members that bridge the divide between right and left, liberal and conservative. We promote solutions and pragmatic realism.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2009, 12:03:10 PM »

You misrepresent what the DA stands for. We don't believe in having a crushingly large party, we don't pressure our members to vote for who we want. What we do is promote responsible and active members that bridge the divide between right and left, liberal and conservative. We promote solutions and pragmatic realism.
I'm just stating that it is unlikely you can elect 3 candidates and how much more important I make sure that you and Franzl, and not Afleitch, have a chance
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2009, 12:14:40 PM »

I'm just stating that it is unlikely you can elect 3 candidates and how much more important I make sure that you and Franzl, and not Afleitch, have a chance

Pursuing a vendetta so publically is not very healthy for the game.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2009, 12:17:37 PM »

I agree with afleitch.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2009, 12:19:25 PM »

A quick question, Senator. In your opinion, what issues could the JCP, the DA, and the RPP cross partisan lines and work together on?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2009, 12:22:26 PM »

A quick question, Senator. In your opinion, what issues could the JCP, the DA, and the RPP cross partisan lines and work together on?

Just check out the stimulus bill and free trade agreement currently being debated. Both are looking at broad support. The stimulus is especially subject to some good, tri-partisan compromises.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2009, 12:22:52 PM »

Please take your own advice
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2009, 12:23:35 PM »

I have to agree. Personal rivalries, especially when only one party is holding the grudge, is just unproductive in the game. People come for fun, not to get back at one another.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2009, 12:23:50 PM »

Just check out the stimulus bill and free trade agreement currently being debated. Both are looking at broad support. The stimulus is especially subject to some good, tri-partisan compromises.

It's very good that the three parties can work together on such major issues like the economy.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2009, 12:25:43 PM »

I have to agree. Personal rivalries, especially when only one party is holding the grudge, is just unproductive in the game. People come for fun, not to get back at one another.
I don't understand where this extend outside of the election parameters of the game.  I'm not saying for Afleitch not to participate, I'm saying that I will do everything I can to make sure that he is not elected.  I simply think that yourself, Franzl, SPC, and RowanBrandon would make much better senators and the JCP obviously will hold at least one seat.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2009, 12:28:03 PM »

It's very good that the three parties can work together on such major issues like the economy.

On some economic issues, such as that, we have come together and broadly supported it, but the more consistent support is often among the JCP and DA, as both parties seem to work together very closely in the Senate and many of my proposals have enjoyed supported from some DA members. The health care bill being debated, for instance, enjoys the support of at least two DA members.

Disagreeing with you or not supporting you does not equal a vendetta. Nevertheless, I'd appreciate it if this scuffle was taken out of my election thread, lest we lose sight of what I'm trying to do here. Wink
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2009, 06:48:27 PM »

On some economic issues, such as that, we have come together and broadly supported it, but the more consistent support is often among the JCP and DA, as both parties seem to work together very closely in the Senate and many of my proposals have enjoyed supported from some DA members. The health care bill being debated, for instance, enjoys the support of at least two DA members.

Disagreeing with you or not supporting you does not equal a vendetta. Nevertheless, I'd appreciate it if this scuffle was taken out of my election thread, lest we lose sight of what I'm trying to do here. Wink

That won't do it. You have to get tough with these intruders, show them the bayonet as Stonewall Jackson would say.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2009, 07:44:05 AM »

You have my support and my 1st or 2nd preference depending on who of you or Fritz needs a first preference more when I vote. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2009, 03:50:29 AM »

I just want to offer my endorsement of Ebowed for the Pacific Lt. Governor position, as he's a knowledgeable individual with a long history in Atlasia.

Also, my dissatisfaction with the Atlasia-Turkey "Free Trade" bill, which I think is simply a travesty and I'm quite bothered by the fact that a vote was called in the middle of debate. But oh well. If there are any questions I'll be happy to answer them, in the mean time, time to get this back to the first page!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2009, 05:56:43 PM »

I encourage my fellow Senators, as my colleague Afleitch and others have done, to support the health care bill now up for a vote as I have done. This is a critical issue, and something that is long overdue.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2009, 03:10:06 PM »

I'm thinking of giving you a preference, but I'd like you to tell me in a list of say three reasons why I should, without sending me to go read stuff I've already read.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2009, 03:17:07 PM »

I'm thinking of giving you a preference, but I'd like you to tell me in a list of say three reasons why I should, without sending me to go read stuff I've already read.

I've tried to debate everything I've proposed and everything others have proposed in the Senate comprehensively and for a long amount of time. I've long believed in debate and the fact that a strong argument and change people's minds, and that's what I've tried to live by in the Senate, arguing passionately for and against legislation, doing research on legislation, and trying to bring a bit of fiery passion that the Senate didn't really have before.

I propose relevant legislation, and try to bring some conflict to the Senate, since I've always believed the Senate needs a little shaking up once in awhile. Afleitch lives by the idea as well.

Further and perhaps most importantly, I live up to my promises. If I say I'm going to do it, I almost always do. I follow through with things, and try to make accomplishments and build a strong record. I like to think I did that as Attorney General and that I've accomplished pretty much everything I wanted to do when I was first elected. I think these elections simply comes down to who's shown they deserve it more, and I think I deserve it.

Or, of course, you could believe that Senators apparently can't make any difference at all and I've accomplished nothing. Tongue
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2009, 03:24:35 PM »

I've tried to debate everything I've proposed and everything others have proposed in the Senate comprehensively and for a long amount of time. I've long believed in debate and the fact that a strong argument and change people's minds, and that's what I've tried to live by in the Senate, arguing passionately for and against legislation, doing research on legislation, and trying to bring a bit of fiery passion that the Senate didn't really have before.

I propose relevant legislation, and try to bring some conflict to the Senate, since I've always believed the Senate needs a little shaking up once in awhile. Afleitch lives by the idea as well.

Further and perhaps most importantly, I live up to my promises. If I say I'm going to do it, I almost always do. I follow through with things, and try to make accomplishments and build a strong record. I like to think I did that as Attorney General and that I've accomplished pretty much everything I wanted to do when I was first elected. I think these elections simply comes down to who's shown they deserve it more, and I think I deserve it.

Or, of course, you could believe that Senators apparently can't make any difference at all and I've accomplished nothing. Tongue

Thank you. You have my consideration.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2009, 07:23:46 AM »

I encourage all the Senators to support the Atlasian economic recovery bill currently up for a final vote.

Spending is crucial to help get our economy back on it's feet, and I intend to put forward another measure aimed at the economy either now, or after the election. This bill is a solid one trillion of critical investment and thoroughly researched for prime economic efficiency, and losing this bill would truly be a devastating blow to an economy that desperately needs a surge of jobs, and an injection of money.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2009, 10:50:58 AM »

While I intend to vote to confirm you, I just have to ask that, given what our last two attorney generals did, do you plan on running for political office during your term?

I do not currently have any plans to run for office during my time as AG, no. Anything can happen, but as of now I will dedicate myself solely to the office of Attorney General.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2009, 04:06:28 PM »

While I intend to vote to confirm you, I just have to ask that, given what our last two attorney generals did, do you plan on running for political office during your term?

I do not currently have any plans to run for office during my time as AG, no. Anything can happen, but as of now I will dedicate myself solely to the office of Attorney General.

I'll answer for him. He wrote ''Anything can happen'', so there is no surprise.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2009, 04:15:28 PM »

I'll answer for him. He wrote ''Anything can happen'', so there is no surprise.

As far as I know, just about every AG thinks that, though not all write it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2009, 05:51:54 PM »

March, April, May, June..

I served for quite awhile before I decided to run for the Senate, and accomplished quite alot. I didn't merely use the office as a springboard for future office.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies