Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:25:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'  (Read 16814 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2009, 06:01:34 PM »

I encourage all the Senators to support the Atlasian economic recovery bill currently up for a final vote.

Spending is crucial to help get our economy back on it's feet, and I intend to put forward another measure aimed at the economy either now, or after the election. This bill is a solid one trillion of critical investment and thoroughly researched for prime economic efficiency, and losing this bill would truly be a devastating blow to an economy that desperately needs a surge of jobs, and an injection of money.

Wouldn't it be wiser to address the Credit or Housing market next? The Private sector will never recover untill credit markets unfreeze and we didn't exactly have a TARP here, and we don't know what actions have been taken by the Fed since no provision was made for the GM to report its action.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2009, 06:10:37 PM »

I encourage all the Senators to support the Atlasian economic recovery bill currently up for a final vote.

Spending is crucial to help get our economy back on it's feet, and I intend to put forward another measure aimed at the economy either now, or after the election. This bill is a solid one trillion of critical investment and thoroughly researched for prime economic efficiency, and losing this bill would truly be a devastating blow to an economy that desperately needs a surge of jobs, and an injection of money.

Wouldn't it be wiser to address the Credit or Housing market next? The Private sector will never recover untill credit markets unfreeze and we didn't exactly have a TARP here, and we don't know what actions have been taken by the Fed since no provision was made for the GM to report its action.

It's certainly a good plan, though I'm not sure where to begin, not being an expert on such things. On a related note, I believe the Senate repealed the repeal of Glass-Steagal, didn't they? I'll have to check that.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2009, 03:57:59 AM »

I'd just like to express my support for AG Bgwah's case in Peter v. Atlasia, as I believe he made all the arguments I had in mind and hope that he succeeds in his defense of the law.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2009, 04:32:40 AM »

Pacific Regional Senator' Endorsed!

Oh Surprise!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2009, 12:44:06 AM »

I welcome the habitually inactive Duke back to another Senate race. Glad to see his interest spark just as another election is around the corner. Best of luck to him.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2009, 01:00:53 AM »

I welcome the habitually inactive Duke back to another Senate race. Glad to see his interest spark just as another election is around the corner. Best of luck to him.

I proposed the idea that a third RPP member run and Duke was the only person interested.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2009, 03:38:40 PM »

That aside, I decided to run for President because while partisan bickering is lots of fun, we are facing a genuine crisis in Atlasia, & have been facing one for a long time. This crisis relates to the fact that Atlasian voters tend to be very inactive outside of election time. While I am proud to say that we are making progress in this regard, Atlasian activity is a mere shadow of what it once was. If elected President, I will dedicate myself to finding solutions to this problem.

It's still amusing.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2009, 03:39:53 PM »

That aside, I decided to run for President because while partisan bickering is lots of fun, we are facing a genuine crisis in Atlasia, & have been facing one for a long time. This crisis relates to the fact that Atlasian voters tend to be very inactive outside of election time. While I am proud to say that we are making progress in this regard, Atlasian activity is a mere shadow of what it once was. If elected President, I will dedicate myself to finding solutions to this problem.

It's still amusing.

What's amusing? PiT ran a good campaign and has remained active.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2009, 03:48:13 PM »

Not PiT, sorry, I'm talking about Duke. During the campaign in June he talked about activity and how we were facing a CRISIS of RAMPANT INACTIVITY and something NEEDED to be done to stop it. Despite that, PiT endorses Duke, someone who has a history of inactivity, twice. I actually ran against Duke for the special election, if you're interested in reading up on it here in this thread.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2009, 03:50:23 PM »

Not PiT, sorry, I'm talking about Duke. During the campaign in June he talked about activity and how we were facing a CRISIS of RAMPANT INACTIVITY and something NEEDED to be done to stop it. Despite that, PiT endorses Duke, someone who has a history of inactivity, twice. I actually ran against Duke for the special election, if you're interested in reading up on it here in this thread.

Oh I knew about your election against Duke, I just was confused as to who that endorsement was referring to. I don't think Duke would be running if he wasn't planning on staying active, however.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2009, 03:51:48 PM »

Oh I knew about your election against Duke, I just was confused as to who that endorsement was referring to. I don't think Duke would be running if he wasn't planning on staying active, however.

Didn't stay very active after he ran last time, until another election rolled around. Besides, he gave me a lecture on how school drains his activity, yet here he is running for the Senate in mid-August. Is school suddenly not a problem for him?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2009, 03:58:52 PM »

Didn't stay very active after he ran last time, until another election rolled around. Besides, he gave me a lecture on how school drains his activity, yet here he is running for the Senate in mid-August. Is school suddenly not a problem for him?

Well I think it's certainly not as draining as end of school, which I'd assume is what he referred to previously. I'm willing to give Duke a chance, because his politics seem reasonable and I wasn't around here at the time of his inactivity.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2009, 04:00:45 PM »

Oh Lord. Here we go again.

Mr. Marokai: What is your definition of being active? Must we all spend the majority of our time on this forum as you do? I have my own responsibilities, yes. However, I have never disappeared for days or weeks at a time. I am plenty active to be a Senator. I don't believe anyone in the current Senate spends every hour of every day online. Why you continue to lambast me is a mystery.

It's no secret that Atlasia is mostly about elections; interesting ones and holding office. The private citizen in the game really has no function. I've remained active within the party, but otherwise, I am at a loss as to what I must do to be "active" in your eyes. If it means giving up a social life and golf, then I'm afraid you'll never accept me as an active member. I've been active enough to be a well-known quantity.

As you said yourself, I should be able to devote an hour here and there to the Senate even during school, and you're right, that is possible. However, when you are a private citizen and hold no office, you really have no reason to post in the fantasy game outside of party dealings.

But really, I'd appreciate it if you'd stop trying to sling so much mud around. I'm not attacking you about how much of a dick you can be to a lot of members, so leave me out of your incessant mud slinging as well. I think most people here know that if I am somehow elected in this renegade campaign, I will serve to the best of my ability and devote the time I need to it. That doesn't mean spending as much time as you, but I will be around when I need to be.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2009, 04:08:47 PM »

You came up with a bunch of 'ideas' in your last Senate campaign, you could've stayed around to me a comment once in awhile. I never suggested you spend all your time here, but you could make a comment once in awhile, which you didn't do. You came up with a bunch of lofty gimmicks that you abandoned once the Senate race ended, and, as opposed to various other members here, disappeared almost entirely.

I'm glad you've decided to do a 180 and come to the conclusion that you can remain active throughout school, but you ended up giving me a lecture earlier on in the year about how school kept you from doing almost anything here. Which is it? Over the last several months I've not seen more than one or two posts from you here on the fantasy elections board, I offered to lobby then-President Bgwah on your behalf to push for you to be appointed to AG, but you denied that.

I'm not trying to attack you or sling mud, I'm just saying you have a history of inactivity, and now you're running for the Senate in a time before school, which you said was the reason you couldn't remain active in the first place, and when I suggested you could find an hour or two here and there in school, you basically told me I was being unrealistic.

Besides, there's more to do around here than just run for elections.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2009, 04:12:15 PM »

College is not an easy thing to handle, especially when your college is nicknamed "Work Forest." I have stated time and again that it is completely on me for my inactivity, but I'm not sacrificing my real life for an internet game. I will say that for the next three months, I will be home, unemployed, and completely available for a term in the Senate. I would not be running just to become inactive. When I start school in September and I find I am too busy to adequately keep up, I will retire. Simple as that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2009, 04:23:12 PM »

You came up with a bunch of 'ideas' in your last Senate campaign, you could've stayed around to me a comment once in awhile. I never suggested you spend all your time here, but you could make a comment once in awhile, which you didn't do. You came up with a bunch of lofty gimmicks that you abandoned once the Senate race ended, and, as opposed to various other members here, disappeared almost entirely.

Comment on what exactly? Comment for the sake of commenting? I was involved with the Dirty South's Assembly debate (although I opposed it), and kept tabs on what was going on in my region. I dealt with things that pertained to me. What goes on in other regions is none of my concern.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I've made far more than two posts. That claim is completely absurd, and you know it. I turned down the AG job because I was not interested in the things the job entailed. I did not want it to end up like the Keystone Phil fiasco after he was confirmed and then had no interest in actually doing the job.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As I said, if I am somehow elected to the Senate, I can and will devote an hour or two here and there to serving in the Senate. I would not take a job or even run for it if I knew I would not have the time to set aside for it.

But you are slinging mud. I know you like to pick these little fights with members. You couldn't even welcome me to the race without making a off-collar remark that was, I'm sure, intended to create a fight.

But I'm not going to be fighting with you between now and the election. I wish you luck in your own campaign and I will not be engaging in flame wars with anyone. This game is about having fun, and I intend on making it interesting no matter what the results. Good luck to you.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2009, 05:30:44 AM »

I'm having some family tragedy/crisis issues right now, just so everyone knows. It's gotten me stressed out and emotionally exhausted, so I may be come-and-go for a day or two. I'm sorry.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2009, 08:01:58 AM »

Sorry to hear that. Sad
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2009, 12:39:19 PM »

I'm having some family tragedy/crisis issues right now, just so everyone knows. It's gotten me stressed out and emotionally exhausted, so I may be come-and-go for a day or two. I'm sorry.

oh i know the feeling. good luck.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2009, 12:50:27 PM »

Hope it all works out for you!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2009, 05:30:37 PM »

I am sorry to hear that. Don't let the stress get to you, a similar situation happened to me. Beleive me stress related illnesses are no fun and everyone reacts differently to stress so be carefull.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2009, 08:21:25 PM »

I am sorry to hear that. Don't let the stress get to you, a similar situation happened to me. Beleive me stress related illnesses are no fun and everyone reacts differently to stress so be carefull.

Had my maternal grandmother's house burn down on us last night, so i've been rather busy. Again, I'm sorry to everyone.

To Vepres: I do have some ideas, but I'll have to get back to you on articulating them.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2009, 08:36:45 PM »

Dude! Take a few days off from here.  Everything will continue to function as normal, I assure you.

I'm going through a personal crisis myself (but I'm not sharing what it is).
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2009, 08:40:34 PM »

Had my maternal grandmother's house burn down on us last night, so i've been rather busy. Again, I'm sorry to everyone.

To Vepres: I do have some ideas, but I'll have to get back to you on articulating them.

Of course, real life trumps Atlasia.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2009, 08:41:17 PM »

Of course, real life trumps Atlasia.

What?
I kid of course.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies