Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:53:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'  (Read 16745 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2009, 04:50:13 PM »

As always I'd like to address something here at my campaign. Smiley

That aside, I decided to run for President because while partisan bickering is lots of fun, we are facing a genuine crisis in Atlasia, & have been facing one for a long time. This crisis relates to the fact that Atlasian voters tend to be very inactive outside of election time. While I am proud to say that we are making progress in this regard, Atlasian activity is a mere shadow of what it once was. If elected President, I will dedicate myself to finding solutions to this problem.

Admirable, Senator, truly admirable. I am absolutely in agreement that bickering and debate can be alot of fun (and I pledge that fiery discussion and passionate debate where necessary if I am elected), and that we have a terrible problem of people only popping in when absolutely necessary. It's the same problem we face in the Constitutional Convention, and in the Senate.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to add up to who you're supporting for DWTL's seat. Duke has openly admitted to being woefully inactive until, suddenly, he wants to run for the Senate, then he comes up with a bunch of poorly thought-out gimmicks and makes grand promises about activity. Wink

Perhaps if you want a solution to your problem, voting for the candidate with consistent activity and a track record of keeping promises and working hard in every area he can, would be your first step! Smiley

College is not an easy thing to handle, especially when your college is nicknamed "Work Forest." I have stated time and again that it is completely on me for my inactivity, but I'm not sacrificing my real life for an internet game. I will say that for the next three months, I will be home, unemployed, and completely available for a term in the Senate. I would not be running just to become inactive. When I start school in September and I find I am too busy to adequately keep up, I will retire. Simple as that.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2009, 04:53:53 PM »

Ebowed's intial posts indicated the economy was declining but the dearth of info since then means we could be in a Great Depression and not even know it. Even what he did post lacked enough info to gives us a broad economic picture.

Well, you would rather expect so, given the Senate's propensity to ignore the majority of my articles when I was writing them.  I never did see any response by the Senate to address the failing automobile industries.  And there's no point making the situation worse if no one is going to bother addressing it.

Truman said if you can't fix a problem make it bigger. Have one of the Auto Makers go bankrupt and not like we have seen in RL I mean chapter 7 the bastards. Post updates headlined "UNEMPLOYMENT SOARS TO NEW RECORD HIGH AFTER CHRSYLER DECLARES BANKRUPTCY". The Senate would have to address that especially now, with all the newbies running around asking questions to practically every Senate candidate, that would definately come up. Yes I might have gone a bit over board on how specific the info is, But Unemployment, and the others are pretty easy and it don't take a rocket scientist, just a basic understanding of economics and a bit of an imagination.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2009, 04:57:21 PM »

That aside, I decided to run for President because while partisan bickering is lots of fun, we are facing a genuine crisis in Atlasia, & have been facing one for a long time. This crisis relates to the fact that Atlasian voters tend to be very inactive outside of election time. While I am proud to say that we are making progress in this regard, Atlasian activity is a mere shadow of what it once was. If elected President, I will dedicate myself to finding solutions to this problem.

Admirable, Senator, truly admirable. I am absolutely in agreement that bickering and debate can be alot of fun (and I pledge that fiery discussion and passionate debate where necessary if I am elected), and that we have a terrible problem of people only popping in when absolutely necessary. It's the same problem we face in the Constitutional Convention, and in the Senate.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to add up to who you're supporting for DWTL's seat. Duke has openly admitted to being woefully inactive until, suddenly, he wants to run for the Senate, then he comes up with a bunch of poorly thought-out gimmicks and makes grand promises about activity. Wink

Perhaps if you want a solution to your problem, voting for the candidate with consistent activity and a track record of keeping promises and working hard in every area he can, would be your first step! Smiley

College is not an easy thing to handle, especially when your college is nicknamed "Work Forest." I have stated time and again that it is completely on me for my inactivity, but I'm not sacrificing my real life for an internet game. I will say that for the next three months, I will be home, unemployed, and completely available for a term in the Senate. I would not be running just to become inactive. When I start school in September and I find I am too busy to adequately keep up, I will retire. Simple as that.

I understand how real life commitments and school can be a drain on one's activity, believe me, but I'm sure you could have found an hour here and there if these issues were so important to you that you decided to run for the Senate. It wouldn't have taken too much time to do a few things like creating a noticeboard here for the general public to see Senate business, or at least float the ideas on your own.

Such things can drain your activity and one's initiative, but don't insult our intelligence, Governor Smiley School is rough and time consuming, like many things, but you showed no interest until this very moment, an election.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2009, 04:59:25 PM »

Duke has typically gotten pretty active in the summer(just look at last year) and guess what this seat is up again in August, so he can retire while still in summer if he fears he will be innactive again. As far as I am concerned Duke's level of activity is no longer an issue.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2009, 05:00:47 PM »

I understand how real life commitments and school can be a drain on one's activity, believe me, but I'm sure you could have found an hour here and there if these issues were so important to you that you decided to run for the Senate. It wouldn't have taken too much time to do a few things like creating a noticeboard here for the general public to see Senate business, or at least float the ideas on your own.

Such things can drain your activity and one's initiative, but don't insult our intelligence, Governor Smiley School is rough and time consuming, like many things, but you showed no interest until this very moment, an election.

Which also coincides with me getting out of school/my sisters graduation as well. I didn't plan on DWTL going missing, obviously. I was also not in the Senate, so one shouldn't expect me to brief myself on all the issues daily while I am in school. I'm not insulting anyone. And the Governor's job isn't the most needy job in the world either. It was initially because my region was basically in shambles and we had to do something to increase interest, but after that, things in Atlasia over all stagnated.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2009, 08:07:08 PM »

you know how everyone is talking about unity? well i have been thinking, maybe that is the wrong move.

Well, PiT believes in unity when it suits him Smiley
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2009, 08:10:26 PM »

you know how everyone is talking about unity? well i have been thinking, maybe that is the wrong move.

don't you mean when he wants to win?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2009, 08:25:44 PM »

don't you mean when he wants to win?

Because of course I might not believe in unity to solve core problems of Atlasia, eh?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2009, 11:37:31 PM »

Before I make any decisions, I would like to ask a quick question...

"1. The Federal Communications Commission, nor any other federal agency, shall have the power to regulate the content of television or radio broadcasts."

Was this bill intended to say "shall not have the power"? The lack of not would change the entire meaning of the bill, no?

Sorry if I'm just misunderstanding something here...

Damn, I messed it up. Yes, it was intended to be "shall not have the power".

A bill, so lacking of debate and Senators so eager to jump and pass it, sat in the Senate for roughly four days and was voted on by all of the Senators before someone noticed an obvious typo that had the opposite intended effect.

If elected, I pledge to be a Senator that can read. Smiley
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2009, 11:39:39 PM »

To be fair, the version they passed actually is fine with me. To bad it was vetoed.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2009, 11:40:32 PM »

To be fair, the version they passed actually is fine with me. To bad it was vetoed.

You're not alone in thinking that, Wink
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2009, 11:41:40 PM »

"1. The Federal Communications Commission, nor any other federal agency, shall have the power to regulate the content of television or radio broadcasts."

Was this bill intended to say "shall not have the power"? The lack of not would change the entire meaning of the bill, no?

A bill, so lacking of debate and Senators so eager to jump and pass it, sat in the Senate for roughly four days and was voted on by all of the Senators before someone noticed an obvious typo that had the opposite intended effect.

that was harsh.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2009, 11:44:40 PM »

that was harsh.

Nah. I'll be the first to admit we screwed that one up. The Senate was so frustrated by the issues with the first bill that we rushed into that one. And I plan on amending the next one.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2009, 02:16:33 AM »

Marokai, may I suggest one of the following for your official mascot?

*I didn't know there were so many Smart Balance products, I assumed there was only the butter.  But I guess you can like live off of this stuff.  Awesome.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2009, 03:12:32 AM »

Done Tongue
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2009, 03:15:45 AM »
« Edited: June 03, 2009, 03:36:16 AM by GMantis »

I fully endorse Marokai Blue! We former SDP and current JCP members must support each other!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2009, 03:16:51 AM »

You just reminded me how a member from another forum used to call me Macaroni Sad
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2009, 03:36:38 AM »

You just reminded me how a member from another forum used to call me Macaroni Sad
Sorry.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2009, 03:52:57 AM »

Sorry.

Just teasing Smiley Thank you for your support!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2009, 03:58:41 AM »

When/where can I vote for Marokai Blue?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2009, 03:59:50 AM »

When/where can I vote for Marokai Blue?

Hello everyone. A special election will be held beginning this Thursday at midnight to replace Senator DTWL.

That is all.

Smiley
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2009, 12:46:41 PM »

AG Marokai, you've said you want to bring debate back to the senate, yet the only debate you have engaged in in this campaign is flaming your opponents, can you give examples of where you, in recent times, have actually added substantive debate to the discussion?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2009, 02:44:10 PM »

AG Marokai, you've said you want to bring debate back to the senate, yet the only debate you have engaged in in this campaign is flaming your opponents, can you give examples of where you, in recent times, have actually added substantive debate to the discussion?

I think my history in the constitutional convention and some of my comments in the Senate (which I don't like to do, I hate interfering where it's not my business to) shows that I can and have had a debate on important issues.

I'm happy to debate any issue you or my opponents would like right now, Smiley
the artist formerly known as catmusic
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2009, 05:47:09 PM »

I guess so too!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2009, 08:18:26 PM »

I would like to announce my endorsement for Marokai Blue for the upcoming special Senate election.

For me, the decision came down to who I trust to remain active. Two of the candidates once showed a passionate interest in Atlasia; however, they had long ago let that fire burn down to a low simmer. One candidate has recently been exposed to this passion, but I fear that he has turned up the heat far too fast and runs the risk of simply being a flash in the pan.

Marokai, however, has proven himself to be a committed and active member of Atlasia, serving in various posts and contributing intelligent and productive discussion. Sure, sometimes he can be a bit fiery, but it is that passion that is so needed in the Senate. It's great to have a party in the majority, but even better is having a diversity of ideas from inspired and inspiring members.

I ask you all to join me in a vote for Marokai tomorrow.

~Senator Purple State
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies