Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:22:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'  (Read 16679 times)
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2009, 10:37:21 PM »

I urge all members of Atlasia to support Marokai for Senate. Marokai has shown his willingness to work hard for the people of Atlasia. As Attorney General, he has proved that he is capable of handling incredibly difficult tasks. No one in this race is more qualified and ready to lead than Marokai. He has my full 100% support.

I invite everyone, especially those conservatives who are unsure of Marokai, to join me in supporting him. You will not be disappointed.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2009, 10:41:14 PM »

Rowan, that means a great deal to me.

I apologize to everyone out there who had to view the earlier desperate and disappointing spectacle. There were many things on all sides that went on in private, and in private is exactly where it should have been kept.

Sometimes this place is rather frustrating, but I've stuck with it over the months because I believe in this game, and in it's people. Many people here are my friends, and I hope all of you out there can get behind my record that I hope to take to the Senate.

I invite all my opponents out there to debate me on the issues, rather than sling personal accusations at me. I have many new ideas for both this game and legislative goals, and I wish we could focus more on that, than personal issues.

I'm going to stay in this fight for the Senate, and I hope all of my supporters can see that supporting me need not be confined by the petty restrictions of party loyalty.

Thank you all, and any questions you have will be answered with 100000% honesty and interest. Smiley
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2009, 11:17:05 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2009, 12:28:03 AM by Dc_united_15 »

whoot whoot!!!! Marokai all the way!!! Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2009, 12:14:12 AM »

whoot whoot!!!! Marokia all the way!!! Smiley

Thank you kindly, madam. Wink
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2009, 12:27:00 AM »

Haha it sounds like the name of a car company.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2009, 12:27:48 AM »

I've given up on people spelling my name right Tongue
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2009, 12:29:07 AM »

I've given up on people spelling my name right Tongue
fudge. i was trying to get it right. ugh. oh well i fixed my first post. sorry.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2009, 12:30:18 AM »

It's fine, I'm just glad the SoFA can determine voter intent. Tongue
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2009, 12:31:44 AM »

It's fine, I'm just glad the SoFA can determine voter intent. Tongue

A vote for Morukei Blues is a vote for Lizard People, bro.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2009, 02:35:02 AM »

It is unconscionable to lump all "Public Notice" threads into the same category, Franzl.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2009, 02:47:06 AM »

Hey guys

let's relax by the pool hassle-free
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2009, 02:53:01 AM »

I don't know about PiT....honestly. I personally doubt it somewhat, especially after the fiasco several months ago.

But I really can't see through my computer.

I'd hope that that's not the case...I really don't think these Atlasian election campaigns are any fun anymore if something like this happens each time.

It's a shame.

You should have PMed me, I could have cleared that up for you. Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2009, 04:55:10 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2009, 05:24:56 AM by AG Marokai Blue »

I would like to make some comments regarding my opponents in this race.

Gustaf and Tmth have both dropped out of this race, leaving myself, Duke, and Phil (and of course, Gporter, who is just running for everything). While I have a great respect for Duke personally, and I know Phil to be an intelligent individual, neither of these two have the record of activity and accomplishment that I have, a record I want to take to the Senate.

I've been disappointed that no one has taken interest in the issues of this race, but I want everyone to remember my calling for this race, the reason I decided to go against my earlier intentions and run for the Senate of Atlasia: Inactivity and the all too kind attitude of the Senate.

Duke has only been active now, because he wanted to run for office. He comes up with lofty ideas upon his sudden and convenient burst of activity, but where were these ideas before? We all have obligations, but suggesting these ideas to people doesn't take too much time or effort. And then, he makes recent comments like "I don't want to spend my days peddling in the Wiki and writing tutorials." Does he look down on those activities? Does he deny the importance of the job that I've done? And how exactly does he reconcile this with his recent campaign themes?

And what of Phil? His theme is to basically take nothing seriously. He's been inactive for as long as memory serves, and his last vote was cast only for the person that begged for it the most. Where does he stand on these issues? How does he intend on solving the problems we're having now? Do we know anything at all about anything at all with him?

With me, there is no question. I have a record of activity and accomplishment, period. You know what you're getting today, consistent activity and impassioned debate. If I don't deliver on my promises, you can vote me out in 2 months, but give my record a chance to prove itself in a more important venue.

I know that some of you might have personal problems with my attitude or my style or something other, but I have faith that the people of Atlasia can see through such petty and meaningless distractions and vote for assured results. As always, my campaign office is open to all questions or comments, and interested in any debate over the pressings issues of the day.

Thank you to all who have supported me and all who continue to support me, I will always be open your comments and suggestion.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2009, 02:20:07 PM »

Bump
bump
bump
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2009, 02:23:17 PM »

I'd like to thank Hashemite for his support Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2009, 02:45:15 PM »

Duke has only been active now, because he wanted to run for office. He comes up with lofty ideas upon his sudden and convenient burst of activity, but where were these ideas before? We all have obligations, but suggesting these ideas to people doesn't take too much time or effort. And then, he makes recent comments like "I don't want to spend my days peddling in the Wiki and writing tutorials." Does he look down on those activities? Does he deny the importance of the job that I've done? And how exactly does he reconcile this with his recent campaign themes?

As I stated in an earlier thread, this seat opening coincides with summer vacation. I didn't simply decide to become active to get it. Again, not all our lives are the same. To suggest that I should have time to spend in Atlasia during school because you can is pretty small minded. Some of us have other obligations to fulfill, and half ass reading through threads quickly isn't the way I want to go about it, just to claim I had activity.

As for my comments on the AG; I've said countless times you've done a good job in it. Why you continue to play defense and go on the attack is beyond me. That job is not for me, and frankly last night I was a bit ticked off at what was going on and I flippantly made that comment because you shouldn't use that position for leverage against anyone, and if I said I didn't want it, perhaps our friend Bayh could get it and not worry about me. Besides, playing dirty politics doesn't exactly go along with your campaign theme either.

Besides, I don't understand why you feel the need to continually go on the attack like you have been. You have a lot of activity. We get it. Good for you! No need to regurgitate it over and over again. I'm not trying to attack you because I respect you a great deal, but I'm getting tired of reading "Governor Duke only became active to run for this seat!" like I planned for DWTL to go missing and planned all this out. It's summer vacation is why I suddenly became active, as I said I would time and time again. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. We don't need to distort the truth here. You're the favorite in the race and yet you continue to try and play the bully, constantly trying to pick meaningless fights here and there. I'm not out there making speeches attacking you.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2009, 02:53:18 PM »

I'm the favorite? I have low self-esteem, so I always like to stay an anxious mess until I'm sure of something Tongue

I was just trying to draw a contrast between myself and you & Phil. I'm not suggesting you should have spent hours in Atlasia during the school year, but you obviously had some time that you could have used to just make suggestions to solve our problems. I'm not asking you to go back in time and carry the world on your shoulders.

My theme here is quite clear and direct: If anyone is qualified to get this seat, it's me. If anyone deserves this seat, it's me. I don't see anything wrong with saying that, nor do I see anything wrong with telling one of the people that I was already considering recommending for the position that I would recommend him. If I seem like a "bully" it's only because everyone else tries to make a mountain of a molehill, and pretend nothing is something. I just say what's on my mind, I think people can respect that.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2009, 02:54:35 AM »

Get out the vote, everyone! Tongue

Election Thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=96977
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2009, 10:23:10 PM »

Marokai I cast my vote for you in the special election largly on your economic policies.  Make sure you don't go out and do anymore of your famous AIM actions and please don't make anymore of your little false statements about the DA.  That said I hope we can garner a strong working relationship with you in the next Senate and my office hopefully somewhere close by Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2009, 08:31:40 AM »

Notice: Marokai's cat has just ruined his laptop completely and utterly. Thinking about killing it. Shouldn't affect my activity but it pisses me off immensely. More updates to follow.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2009, 08:35:34 AM »

Notice: Marokai's cat has just ruined his laptop completely and utterly. Thinking about killing it. Shouldn't affect my activity but it pisses me off immensely. More updates to follow.

Can't kill it, you'll lose the PETA endorsement.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2009, 04:50:47 PM »

Since I love irony, imagine how funny it would have been if had made it impossible for you to post and you ended up like DWTL. Has Atlasia ever had to have two special elections right after another for the same seat? I should research that.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2009, 04:52:38 PM »

Since I love irony, imagine how funny it would have been if had made it impossible for you to post and you ended up like DWTL. Has Atlasia ever had to have two special elections right after another for the same seat? I should research that.

Luckily I have an older laptop that I'm on right now, But it really upsets me because I loved that laptop and I try to take care of everything I have Sad

I'm not really used to this laptop, but it shouldn't my activity to any noticeable degree.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2009, 06:43:03 PM »

I'm not really used to this laptop, but it shouldn't my activity to any noticeable degree.

It already affect your activity, you forgot to put a verb in your sentences.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2009, 06:45:30 PM »

It already affect your activity, you forgot to put a verb in your sentences.

Sad Wow.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies