Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:44:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marokai Blue for Senator: Re-election time is-a comin'  (Read 16796 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: June 01, 2009, 11:30:32 AM »

I agree with some of your sentiments about the quality of debate, but it's hard to have much of a debate when we have mostly leftists in the senate with a few libertarians scattered here and there. If you have a room full of liberals, I wouldn't expect much debate amongst them either. Just sayin'.....

Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 04:50:13 PM »

As always I'd like to address something here at my campaign. Smiley

That aside, I decided to run for President because while partisan bickering is lots of fun, we are facing a genuine crisis in Atlasia, & have been facing one for a long time. This crisis relates to the fact that Atlasian voters tend to be very inactive outside of election time. While I am proud to say that we are making progress in this regard, Atlasian activity is a mere shadow of what it once was. If elected President, I will dedicate myself to finding solutions to this problem.

Admirable, Senator, truly admirable. I am absolutely in agreement that bickering and debate can be alot of fun (and I pledge that fiery discussion and passionate debate where necessary if I am elected), and that we have a terrible problem of people only popping in when absolutely necessary. It's the same problem we face in the Constitutional Convention, and in the Senate.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to add up to who you're supporting for DWTL's seat. Duke has openly admitted to being woefully inactive until, suddenly, he wants to run for the Senate, then he comes up with a bunch of poorly thought-out gimmicks and makes grand promises about activity. Wink

Perhaps if you want a solution to your problem, voting for the candidate with consistent activity and a track record of keeping promises and working hard in every area he can, would be your first step! Smiley

College is not an easy thing to handle, especially when your college is nicknamed "Work Forest." I have stated time and again that it is completely on me for my inactivity, but I'm not sacrificing my real life for an internet game. I will say that for the next three months, I will be home, unemployed, and completely available for a term in the Senate. I would not be running just to become inactive. When I start school in September and I find I am too busy to adequately keep up, I will retire. Simple as that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 05:00:47 PM »

As always I'd like to address something here at my campaign. Smiley

That aside, I decided to run for President because while partisan bickering is lots of fun, we are facing a genuine crisis in Atlasia, & have been facing one for a long time. This crisis relates to the fact that Atlasian voters tend to be very inactive outside of election time. While I am proud to say that we are making progress in this regard, Atlasian activity is a mere shadow of what it once was. If elected President, I will dedicate myself to finding solutions to this problem.

Admirable, Senator, truly admirable. I am absolutely in agreement that bickering and debate can be alot of fun (and I pledge that fiery discussion and passionate debate where necessary if I am elected), and that we have a terrible problem of people only popping in when absolutely necessary. It's the same problem we face in the Constitutional Convention, and in the Senate.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to add up to who you're supporting for DWTL's seat. Duke has openly admitted to being woefully inactive until, suddenly, he wants to run for the Senate, then he comes up with a bunch of poorly thought-out gimmicks and makes grand promises about activity. Wink

Perhaps if you want a solution to your problem, voting for the candidate with consistent activity and a track record of keeping promises and working hard in every area he can, would be your first step! Smiley

College is not an easy thing to handle, especially when your college is nicknamed "Work Forest." I have stated time and again that it is completely on me for my inactivity, but I'm not sacrificing my real life for an internet game. I will say that for the next three months, I will be home, unemployed, and completely available for a term in the Senate. I would not be running just to become inactive. When I start school in September and I find I am too busy to adequately keep up, I will retire. Simple as that.

I understand how real life commitments and school can be a drain on one's activity, believe me, but I'm sure you could have found an hour here and there if these issues were so important to you that you decided to run for the Senate. It wouldn't have taken too much time to do a few things like creating a noticeboard here for the general public to see Senate business, or at least float the ideas on your own.

Such things can drain your activity and one's initiative, but don't insult our intelligence, Governor Smiley School is rough and time consuming, like many things, but you showed no interest until this very moment, an election.

Which also coincides with me getting out of school/my sisters graduation as well. I didn't plan on DWTL going missing, obviously. I was also not in the Senate, so one shouldn't expect me to brief myself on all the issues daily while I am in school. I'm not insulting anyone. And the Governor's job isn't the most needy job in the world either. It was initially because my region was basically in shambles and we had to do something to increase interest, but after that, things in Atlasia over all stagnated.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:45:15 PM »

Duke has only been active now, because he wanted to run for office. He comes up with lofty ideas upon his sudden and convenient burst of activity, but where were these ideas before? We all have obligations, but suggesting these ideas to people doesn't take too much time or effort. And then, he makes recent comments like "I don't want to spend my days peddling in the Wiki and writing tutorials." Does he look down on those activities? Does he deny the importance of the job that I've done? And how exactly does he reconcile this with his recent campaign themes?

As I stated in an earlier thread, this seat opening coincides with summer vacation. I didn't simply decide to become active to get it. Again, not all our lives are the same. To suggest that I should have time to spend in Atlasia during school because you can is pretty small minded. Some of us have other obligations to fulfill, and half ass reading through threads quickly isn't the way I want to go about it, just to claim I had activity.

As for my comments on the AG; I've said countless times you've done a good job in it. Why you continue to play defense and go on the attack is beyond me. That job is not for me, and frankly last night I was a bit ticked off at what was going on and I flippantly made that comment because you shouldn't use that position for leverage against anyone, and if I said I didn't want it, perhaps our friend Bayh could get it and not worry about me. Besides, playing dirty politics doesn't exactly go along with your campaign theme either.

Besides, I don't understand why you feel the need to continually go on the attack like you have been. You have a lot of activity. We get it. Good for you! No need to regurgitate it over and over again. I'm not trying to attack you because I respect you a great deal, but I'm getting tired of reading "Governor Duke only became active to run for this seat!" like I planned for DWTL to go missing and planned all this out. It's summer vacation is why I suddenly became active, as I said I would time and time again. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. We don't need to distort the truth here. You're the favorite in the race and yet you continue to try and play the bully, constantly trying to pick meaningless fights here and there. I'm not out there making speeches attacking you.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 04:00:45 PM »

Oh Lord. Here we go again.

Mr. Marokai: What is your definition of being active? Must we all spend the majority of our time on this forum as you do? I have my own responsibilities, yes. However, I have never disappeared for days or weeks at a time. I am plenty active to be a Senator. I don't believe anyone in the current Senate spends every hour of every day online. Why you continue to lambast me is a mystery.

It's no secret that Atlasia is mostly about elections; interesting ones and holding office. The private citizen in the game really has no function. I've remained active within the party, but otherwise, I am at a loss as to what I must do to be "active" in your eyes. If it means giving up a social life and golf, then I'm afraid you'll never accept me as an active member. I've been active enough to be a well-known quantity.

As you said yourself, I should be able to devote an hour here and there to the Senate even during school, and you're right, that is possible. However, when you are a private citizen and hold no office, you really have no reason to post in the fantasy game outside of party dealings.

But really, I'd appreciate it if you'd stop trying to sling so much mud around. I'm not attacking you about how much of a dick you can be to a lot of members, so leave me out of your incessant mud slinging as well. I think most people here know that if I am somehow elected in this renegade campaign, I will serve to the best of my ability and devote the time I need to it. That doesn't mean spending as much time as you, but I will be around when I need to be.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 04:23:12 PM »

You came up with a bunch of 'ideas' in your last Senate campaign, you could've stayed around to me a comment once in awhile. I never suggested you spend all your time here, but you could make a comment once in awhile, which you didn't do. You came up with a bunch of lofty gimmicks that you abandoned once the Senate race ended, and, as opposed to various other members here, disappeared almost entirely.

Comment on what exactly? Comment for the sake of commenting? I was involved with the Dirty South's Assembly debate (although I opposed it), and kept tabs on what was going on in my region. I dealt with things that pertained to me. What goes on in other regions is none of my concern.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I've made far more than two posts. That claim is completely absurd, and you know it. I turned down the AG job because I was not interested in the things the job entailed. I did not want it to end up like the Keystone Phil fiasco after he was confirmed and then had no interest in actually doing the job.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As I said, if I am somehow elected to the Senate, I can and will devote an hour or two here and there to serving in the Senate. I would not take a job or even run for it if I knew I would not have the time to set aside for it.

But you are slinging mud. I know you like to pick these little fights with members. You couldn't even welcome me to the race without making a off-collar remark that was, I'm sure, intended to create a fight.

But I'm not going to be fighting with you between now and the election. I wish you luck in your own campaign and I will not be engaging in flame wars with anyone. This game is about having fun, and I intend on making it interesting no matter what the results. Good luck to you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies