Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2014, 08:04:04 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Tmthforu94 for At-Large Senate!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 59 Print
Author Topic: Tmthforu94 for At-Large Senate!  (Read 66648 times)
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #800 on: July 07, 2012, 09:52:08 am »
Ignore

Hello, I'm the Mideast correspondent for The People. Could you clarify if you are indeed running?
We're still in an exploratory stage. I don't really want to start pestering people too early about this race, considerings its still over two months away. Smiley

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
-Jackie Robinson
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: July 09, 2012, 11:58:10 pm »
Ignore

Statement:

Today, the GM reported that unemployment in our region has risen in the past month. After many months of growth in our region, this is the first month we've had in 2012 where unemployment has risen. If I were to become Goveror, not only would game reform be an issue for me, but also policy. While our numbers are below the national average, there are still too many Mideast citizens jobless, and our regional government needs to do more to create pro-jobs legislation that will help boost our economy.

Thank you.

-Jackie Robinson
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #802 on: July 11, 2012, 09:19:47 pm »
Ignore

I'd just like to state that my vote in the upcoming Assembly race will largely be decided by the debate, both in terms of who is answering questions and the quality of those answers. If you're not showing up, don't expect a high preference from me, regardless of ideology.

-Jackie Robinson
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #803 on: July 18, 2012, 08:48:22 pm »
Ignore

Assembly Endorsement

I am proud to endorse the following individuals for Mideast Assembly:
Oldiesfreak
Inks.LWC
HappyWarrior
JCL
20RP12

Why? It's really simple - these were the only 5 that participated in the debate recently hosted by MCPR/The Porcupine. It was be a crying shame if not all of these 5 were elected, and I think it's common-sense for every Mideasterner to give these 5 their preference.

We also lucked out, because not only did they all participate in the debate, but they're all excellent candidates and would make excellent legislators. It would be a shame if in the September elections, these were the only 5 running, because then only 3 of them would be able to get elected (under current law).

Thank you! Smiley

-Jackie Robinson
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 18, 2012, 09:49:35 pm »
Ignore

Yay Cheesy

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #805 on: August 07, 2012, 07:44:46 pm »
Ignore

Statement from Tmthforu94
I would like to thank the Assembly for passing two constitutional amendments. One amendment would adopt a system similar to the one in the Northeast by reinstating the Lt. Governor position without creating an extra position in the region. The other would set the Assembly at 5 permanent seats.

Regardless of my opinion on the amendments, I have always believed in giving the people the power, especially on amendments like these, where Mideasterners have very strong and differing opinions. I expect the votes to be close. Regardless of the results, I think it will be good, as the people will have made the final decision on such important matters. I will be pitching my case for both amendments before the vote occurs.

In a seperate matter, should the Assembly size amendment not pass, I plan on introducing another amendment to the Mideast Constitution. As it currently stands, in a 3-member Assembly, only 2 members are needed to not only pass a bill, but to also override a veto. I believe we should revert to how it used to be with 3 Assemblymen, when all 3 Assemblymen had to vote in favor of overriding a veto.

-Jackie Robinson
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #806 on: August 22, 2012, 10:33:13 pm »
Ignore

Statement:
Early next week, I will be making a special announcement announcing my decision to run for Governor of the Mideast in September. The rally will be held in Richmond, Virginia.

Additionally, I will be releasing a statement tomorrow afternoon regarding the At-Large Senate race. While there are many qualified, well-able candidates in this race, I will only be focusing on one candidate, a candidate I deeply feel deserves one of those five spots.

Thanks! Smiley
Isaac

-Jackie Robinson
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #807 on: August 22, 2012, 10:44:29 pm »
Ignore

On an unrelated note, one of my classes this semester is an international events course, where basically we learn about and discuss major international issues that have been taking place over the past few years.

Personally, I'm very excited for this course, as foreign policy has always been somewhat of a weakness for me. Hopefully by next January, when the course is over, I'll be well-versed on international issues. Maybe I have a career in the Department of External Affairs ahead of me. Wink

-Jackie Robinson
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #808 on: August 23, 2012, 09:55:16 pm »
Ignore

Statement:
I was working on a nice little piece a few hours ago and accidentally hit the "Power Off" button, so this will be brief... Wink

I served in the Senate with Franzl back in 2010, and watched him work in 2010 as I was Governor. Not only did Franzl remain active and dedicated to his job, but he was also one of the best Senators at that time. Franzl isn't a rubber stamp for any party or ideology, and with Franzl, you know you will have an honest guy in there. Some during this campaign have said they aren't favorable towards "moderate heroes". I can't think anything better than a fair, moderate legislator who's willing to work with all sides to pass the best legislation possible.

A lot of younger members may not be too familiar with Franzl, and thus, won't give him a preference. I can assure you all now - if you give Franzl a preference and send him to the Senate, it will be a decision you will not regret making.

Thank you! Smiley

-Jackie Robinson
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #809 on: August 25, 2012, 12:51:19 pm »
Ignore

Weekly Schedule: August 27th-September 3rd
Monday, August 27th: Announcement Rally in Richmond, Virginia
Wednesday, August 29th: "Where I Stand" forum with voters in Flint, Michigan
Friday, August 31st: Meeting with High School Teachers in Madison, Wisconsin; Speaking with students at The University of Wisconsin

Note: Campaign Platform will also be released sometime in the next two weeks.

-Jackie Robinson
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #810 on: August 27, 2012, 09:19:20 pm »
Ignore

Campaign Rally in Richmond, Virginia

Good Evening...

First, I want to start by congratulation our newly elected Senators! Best of luck to all of you. Smiley

Today, I am here to make a very special announcement, one that probably won't surprise too many. Since early July, I have been seriously contemplating a run for Governor. I have spoken with many Mideasterners, and I have decided to officially declare myself a candidate for Governor next month!

I believe the Mideast region deserves options - this is a fantasy government/election game. What's the point of having elections when candidates run unopposed? ZuWo and I have many similarities, yet we also have many differences, which I look forward to bringing up during the course of this campaign. With the two of us, I believe the Mideast Region will have a real choice in this election, not just a beauty pageant where ZuWo faces off against "Write-In".

I'm running for the above reason, and also because I care about this region's success, and I want to see it be the greatest region in Atlasia. In the past few months, I believe our regional legislature has been overtaken by the Northeast, and possibly even the IDS. Last session, with only 3 Assemblymen, we had one of the slowest sessions in recent memory. If I'm Governor, I will do everything in my power to make sure that every session is a successful one. Policy also needs to be a bigger discussion piece: Last month, unemployment rose in our region, yet almost nothing has been done by our government to try and create jobs. In the coming days, I will be releasing a detailed, comprehensive platform, which more than anything, will hopefully trigger intellectual debate in our region.

Atlasia has benefited me greatly, and I truly feel I have learned some valuable lessons from playing the game. What keeps me going is not personal glory, rather, creating a better Atlasia so that many more can have the same experience I have had. We've already seen during the course of this election that my opponents have questioned that, suggesting I'm only in it for the glory. All I ask the voters is to look back on my record of commitment to this region and decide for yourself.

We have a long road ahead of us - it is my hope and desire that this election remains focused on the issues and how to improve this region, not petty politics that serve merely as a distraction, something we've already seen a couple of times. ZuWo and I must both remember in the coming weeks that the purpose of this campaign is to find a better way forward for this region, not to tear her down and divide.

Thank you  - I ask you all to keep an open mind in this election and consider voting for Tmthforu94 for Mideast Governor! Smiley

-Jackie Robinson
Talleyrand
TexasDemocrat
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 27, 2012, 09:32:21 pm »
Ignore

As a resident of Richmond and as an undecided voter, I, TexasDem, was sitting in the front row of this Tmthforu94's campaign rally. This will definitely be a very exciting election between two very good candidates.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 27, 2012, 09:59:07 pm »
Ignore

That picture made me laugh Tongue

I too was at the rally. Unfortunately the cops took my weed, which sucked I was energized beyond words from the cocaine and I can't wait to watch this race unfold! It'll surely be a great race Smiley

A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 1.13

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 27, 2012, 10:20:39 pm »
Ignore

Who knew Indiana was black??

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #814 on: August 27, 2012, 10:21:37 pm »
Ignore

Only half-black.

...Is that politically correct to say??? Tongue

-Jackie Robinson
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 27, 2012, 11:44:12 pm »
Ignore

I think you should absolutely win, so you have my endorsement, for whatever it's worth. Tongue

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #816 on: August 28, 2012, 01:04:54 am »
Ignore

I think you should absolutely win, so you have my endorsement, for whatever it's worth. Tongue
Your support is certainly appreciated, Marokai! Smiley Look how far we've come since my first days in Atlasia!

-Jackie Robinson
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 28, 2012, 07:49:27 am »
Ignore

The rally was in Virginia Tongue

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #818 on: August 28, 2012, 08:27:37 am »
Ignore

I think he was actually referring to Indiana itself...the avater. Wink

-Jackie Robinson
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 28, 2012, 09:28:48 am »
Ignore

The incumbent seems more dedicated to his party than his region. Because of your history of working across party lines, I endorse you.

Please Senators, don't let the Russians, a folk of alcoholic homophobic, take Crimee
Mideast Assemblyman Ben
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 28, 2012, 09:54:11 am »
Ignore

You've served excellently in every job you've held.  I endorse you 100%.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 28, 2012, 10:57:54 am »
Ignore

I think he was actually referring to Indiana itself...the avater. Wink

Ah, yes. Rather black. Yes indeed.

Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 28, 2012, 12:26:51 pm »
Ignore

Not that it means much, but I support you 100%

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #823 on: August 28, 2012, 01:44:05 pm »
Ignore

Not that it means much, but I support you 100%
Smiley Your support is certainly appreciated.

I believe I have now received an endorsement of every major party in Atlasia. Cool!

-Jackie Robinson
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #824 on: August 29, 2012, 09:56:09 am »
Ignore

Later today, I will be holding a "Where I Stand" townhall with voters in Flint, Michigan. I'll be outlining my positions on bills currently being discussed in the Mideast Assembly, as well as previous bills.

I am looking forward to unveiling my platform sometime in the near future. The platform will cover a wide-range of issues, and I look forward to showing Mideasterners all I have planned for my administration. Smiley

Thank you!
Isaac Smiley

-Jackie Robinson
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 59 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout