Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 07:59:09 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  The Office of Former President Tmthforu94
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 59 Print
Author Topic: The Office of Former President Tmthforu94  (Read 80802 times)
Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: August 29, 2012, 04:07:52 pm »
Ignore

Would you have signed or supported the recently passed bill relating to driving?

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.74, S: -2.09

View Profile WWW
« Reply #826 on: August 29, 2012, 04:12:44 pm »
Ignore

Would you have signed or supported the recently passed bill relating to driving?

First off, thank you for the question. I enjoy answering questions, and will answer any question that is asked, as you can see from previous pages of this thread. Wink

My answer must be relatively short, as I have an engagement in a few minutes, but no, I would not have signed it. I initially was hesitantly supporting the bill. But even after suggesting amendments I thought would make it acceptable, I still couldn't bring myself to support it. Overall, while I think it has good intentions, I think it is a violation of personal liberty and free speech. I don't think someone should be punished for momentary rudeness/frustration. I think it leaves a lot in the hands of police discretion, which is why I think there should at least be an amendment made to it giving an individual a couple warnings before actually getting ticketed.

If I am elected, this is a bill I will certainly consider repealing. It at least needs amended.

Upset: Hogan wins in Maryland
Bold Prediction: Deal wins outright, avoiding a runoff
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #827 on: August 30, 2012, 12:03:57 am »
Ignore

Where I Stand
Flint, Michigan

A summary of where I stand on current bills being debated or recently passed in the Assembly...

Mideast Internet Freedom Act: Support

Common Courtesy While Driving Act: Oppose - While I believe the bill originally had good intentions, and I originally considered supporting it, I ultimately went against this act. By regulating what people can say, I believe you're interfering with our freedom of speech. Additionally, as GM Shua stated in the debate thread, we should not be criminalizing momentary rudeness. I would like to see this repealed if I am Governor, but if anything, I will work to give individuals a warning before receiving a ticket.

I'm just imaging in my head how many times I would have gotten a ticket, as well as many others, driving through downtown Indianapolis during rush hour if this had been implemented. Tongue

Underage Labor Guidelines Act of 2012: My biggest concern with this bill originally was the effect that it would have on family-run farms and businesses, but with recent amendments, I would support this piece of legislation. There's still a couple amendments I plan to introduce to help perfect the bill, but I think we're off to a great start!

Mideast College Athletic Act: With a recent idea I proposed being added to the language, I support this act, as the tuition freeze it includes will provide economic relief to thousands of Mideast families.

Mideast College Winnings Taxation Act: Well, before we pass this, it's a good idea to set up a regional lottery first! Currently, to my knowledge there are no federal taxes on the lottery, leaving it entirely to the regions. Especially with a budget shortfall, I do support instituting a lottery tax, and just recently proposed new, higher tax rates than what was originally proposed.

Note: I think it's important that throughout this campaign, voters are very familiar with where I stand on bills currently being debated. There will likely be another one of these shortly before the election, as I assume a new set of bills will be debated on at that time.

And, like always, debate and questions are ALWAYS welcome in my thread. Smiley Thank you!

Senator JCL and the geologist
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 30, 2012, 12:49:44 am »
Ignore

Where I Stand
Flint, Michigan

A summary of where I stand on current bills being debated or recently passed in the Assembly...

Mideast Internet Freedom Act: Support

Common Courtesy While Driving Act: Oppose - While I believe the bill originally had good intentions, and I originally considered supporting it, I ultimately went against this act. By regulating what people can say, I believe you're interfering with our freedom of speech. Additionally, as GM Shua stated in the debate thread, we should not be criminalizing momentary rudeness. I would like to see this repealed if I am Governor, but if anything, I will work to give individuals a warning before receiving a ticket.

I'm just imaging in my head how many times I would have gotten a ticket, as well as many others, driving through downtown Indianapolis during rush hour if this had been implemented. Tongue

Underage Labor Guidelines Act of 2012: My biggest concern with this bill originally was the effect that it would have on family-run farms and businesses, but with recent amendments, I would support this piece of legislation. There's still a couple amendments I plan to introduce to help perfect the bill, but I think we're off to a great start!

Mideast College Athletic Act: With a recent idea I proposed being added to the language, I support this act, as the tuition freeze it includes will provide economic relief to thousands of Mideast families.

Mideast College Winnings Taxation Act: Well, before we pass this, it's a good idea to set up a regional lottery first! Currently, to my knowledge there are no federal taxes on the lottery, leaving it entirely to the regions. Especially with a budget shortfall, I do support instituting a lottery tax, and just recently proposed new, higher tax rates than what was originally proposed.

Note: I think it's important that throughout this campaign, voters are very familiar with where I stand on bills currently being debated. There will likely be another one of these shortly before the election, as I assume a new set of bills will be debated on at that time.

And, like always, debate and questions are ALWAYS welcome in my thread. Smiley Thank you!

And the Nefarious Act aka the Mideast Anti-Human Trafficking Bill???

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
David Brat (R/VA-7)
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: 5.74

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 30, 2012, 03:41:20 pm »
Ignore

Endorsed!

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #830 on: August 30, 2012, 03:45:56 pm »
Ignore

And the Nefarious Act aka the Mideast Anti-Human Trafficking Bill???
I'm inclined to support it, but I want to read the bill through a couple times (it sure is long!!!) before stating one way or another. I am going to look into trying and changing up the wording and format, just so it's easier to read.

Endorsed!
Thank you so much! Smiley

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 30, 2012, 03:54:25 pm »
Ignore

If elected Governor, would you be open to working with other regional officers on infrastructure projects? Smiley
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #832 on: August 30, 2012, 04:49:15 pm »
Ignore

If elected Governor, would you be open to working with other regional officers on infrastructure projects? Smiley
Ya know, that isn't something I've ever really considered, but now that you've mentioned it, yes, I would certainly like to work with Emperor PiT, Prime Verin Hawkeye, and Governor Scott(Wink) on that (Sorry Spamage, we don't have touching boarders Sad), as creating more jobs will be one of my top priorities if elected.

Gass3268
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 31, 2012, 11:13:24 am »
Ignore

Forward.

As all you good Wisconsinites know, that is the motto of our great state. It also at one time was the unofficial motto of the greatest region in Atlasia, the Mideast!  In a not so distant past, Mideast was considered one of the most forward thinking regions in all of Atlasia. We abolished the death penalty, legalized marijuana, allowed for terminally ill to die with dignity, banned intelligent design in the classroom and lowered the drinking age so all adults can have a beer!

Yet times have changed in the Mideast since then.  We have seen in the past few years many of our rights and privileges taken away. By passing right to work legislation, the Mideast has also turned its back on the workers of this great region and it has crippled the ability of those workers to organize and collectively bargain. Also we have seen an attack on women, as they no longer have full control over their bodies. A third setback for our region has been tying teacherís pay to test scores. This is a major hindrance to improving our education system in our region and especially hurts low-income and rural areas across the Mideast.  

The Mideast in the past few years has been going backward instead of forward and that is unacceptable! That is why I am announcing my intentions to run for the Assembly of the Mideast Region!

We need a government that will be willing to take the Mideast back to era were progress is made. In order to do this I will spearhead efforts in the Assembly to turn back and reverse the regressive actions that has harmed this region. This will include repealing the crippling Labor Relations Act of 2011. This will be replaced by a law that will protect our workers and allow them a greater ability to organize. I will also fight to give women their full right to choose and make decisions regarding their body. On the issue of education I would advocate reforms that remove teacherís being paid based on a test, so it will allow for teachers to teach to the needs of their local communities.

Finally, I believe we need some new leadership in the Governorís Mansion, and that person is one of our finest citizens, Tmthforu94! Now, I understand many believe ZuWo has done a great job at Governor, and Iíd partly agree Ė he has been active and I can tell that he is a great guy. But this election isnít about whatís been done in the past four months. No, this election is about what will be done in the next four months! Iím not supporting Tmthforu94 because of all he has done in the past; I support Tmthforu94 because of what I know he can do in the future! We donít agree on many issuesÖactually, we donít agree on a lot of issues! But I know him to be a fair, bi-partisan guy, and I have no doubt that with Tmthforu94, every side will get its fair chance. As one of the few Labor Party members in our region, it is my pleasure to endorse our next Governor Tmthforu94. And now, it is my honor to introduce to the stage our next Governor!!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:19:49 am by Gass3268 »Logged
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #834 on: August 31, 2012, 11:18:09 am »
Ignore

Campaign Rally in Madison, Wisconsin

Thank you, thank you for that kind introduction. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for your hometown guy, our next Assemblyman, Gass3268!

Now, I havenít known Gass for a long period of time compared to other Mideasterners, but I must say, Iíve been nothing but impressed in what Iíve seen. Gass and I disagree on many issues, but he has the ability to argue his beliefs in an honest, respectful way. In Gass, I see an ally in my administrations bi-partisan efforts! With Gass, I see a guy whoís ready to tackle the real issues affecting our region, not someone who just plays partisan politics.

There are many words Iíd like to use to help define our candidacy, but one word I know I want to stress is ďunityĒ. Creating a unified region, one where everyone is working together to achieve great things. Now, donít get me wrong, debate is goodÖitís encouraged! But as your Governor, I wonít attempt to pit ideology against ideology; party against party. Instead, Iíll look to unify this region.

Now friends, one thing I must tell you is that I cannot wait to release my platform to you all in just a few days! In the platform, Iíll be outlining many issues that affect Mideasterners every day and how I aim to solve them. I desperately want this to be a fair, honest campaign that is idea-driven, not more partisan politics weíve been seeing. Thatís why Iím releasing a detailed platform Ė to shift discussion in this region to the issues that matter the most to us! Weíre going to run this campaign on the issues, and thatís exactly how weíre going to win.

This campaign has a long way to go, and I hope you all will join me in this effort for new, bold leadership in the Governorís Mansion! I ask as well that you join me in helping make sure that Gass3268 is in our regionís next Assembly! Thank you, and good day!

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:09 am »
Ignore

Hey, say hi to my old neighbors in Madison (even though I wasn't there long enough to get to know them).

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 31, 2012, 11:40:30 am »
Ignore

What is your opinion on the Governor's budget amendment currently being voted on?

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #837 on: August 31, 2012, 12:13:33 pm »
Ignore

What is your opinion on the Governor's budget amendment currently being voted on?
I think balancing a budget is good, and something we should strive to do in the future. But it shouldn't come at the expense of middle-class families that are currently trying to get back onto their feet.

Finding drastic cuts to spending, cutting tax benefits by 50%... this will certainly not be in my plan to help restore the middle class and reduce our unemployment numbers.

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #838 on: August 31, 2012, 02:33:35 pm »
Ignore

Statement by Tmthforu94:

Just a few moments ago, I came under attack once again by my opponent. I'd like to take this opportunity to properly explain to the Mideast citizens the situation.

Yesterday, I believe, SoEA Homely created a thread where citizens could propose initiatives. This is something we never get to see in Atlasia, so I was pretty excited about it. Several initiatives were later introduced.

A few hours after that, a friend of mine contacted my via PM, asking me if I could sign on to the initiatives so we could have a public vote, something I've never remembered happening. I liked the prospect of that, so I went over to the thread and quickly signed them all, without really taking notice of the bills themselves.

After JCL brought it to my attention with a post later today, I realized one of the bills I signed was basically an attack on heterosexual marriage. After thoroughly reading through the bill, I took my name off from signing it. Just before I unsigned it, my opponent, Governor ZuWo, released an attack on me on this, and has continued with his assault, even suggesting I am a liar and that I had actually read the initiatives. This was not a "concern" of his - this was just him once again trying to turn this into a negative campaign. His suggestion is just simply not true, and I'm not going to quarrel with him any more on this issue, because I think the Mideast region deserves an honest campaign focused on the important issues, not petty attacks being hurled at one another.

On that note, if any Mideast citizens have a true concern over this issue, I'd be happy to have a nice discussion with you about it, and hopefully we can clear the air. Thank you! Smiley

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 31, 2012, 02:35:32 pm »
Ignore

Why do you think ZuWo is going negative?

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #840 on: August 31, 2012, 02:46:15 pm »
Ignore

Why do you think ZuWo is going negative?
I'll leave that for him to explain. Personally, I don't want this race to be negative because I think it only further divides our region, and does much more bad than it does good. I want this to be a clean, positive race where a heated discussion isn't about some petty attack being made against me, but rather how we're going to lower unemployment in this region, which rose in July.

Which brings me to a much, much more important topic than what has been dominating the past hour: The regional budget. Earlier today, I came out against Governor's proposed amendment that would slash housing tax benefits. While an ideal budget would be ideal, I'm personally cautious to making such cuts at a time when the middle-class is just getting back on it's feet. How do other Mideasterners feel about this?

BTW, here is the text of the proposed amendment, just so there is no confusion. Smiley

Tax Expenditures and Tax Cuts ($75.99 71.73 billion)

Housing tax benefits ($12.93 8.67 billion)

$5.50 2.75 billion ..... Mortgage Interest (No Change)

$3.01 1.50 billion ..... Deductibility of property taxes on homes (No Change)

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 31, 2012, 02:57:11 pm »
Ignore

I stand by this amendment. Thanks to my previous amendment and this amendment we will be able to cut the budget deficit to $22 billion (from $32 billion). It's all well and nice to criticize concrete budget cuts, but what about putting forward your own ideas regarding budget cuts, which undoubtedly have to be made?
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #842 on: August 31, 2012, 03:05:04 pm »
Ignore

I stand by this amendment. Thanks to my previous amendment and this amendment we will be able to cut the budget deficit to $22 billion (from $32 billion). It's all well and nice to criticize concrete budget cuts, but what about putting forward your own ideas regarding budget cuts, which undoubtedly have to be made?
But are such cuts worth it when they could place a devastating effect on thousands of middle-class families across our region? It would certainly be helpful to receive a report by Shua on how this would affect the region before passing it, as I have a real concern that this could negatively affect a lot of folks.

And, as I've already stated, JCL and I are hard at work at developing proposals to shrink our region's deficit. Smiley If you would like to join us in this effort, you're more than welcome to. The more brains the better!

Governor TJ
TJ in Cleve
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 31, 2012, 03:53:05 pm »
Ignore

Do you support the Equal Rights Amendment currently before the Senate?

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #844 on: September 02, 2012, 01:37:18 pm »
Ignore

Official Campaign Platform

I've been a committed member of this region for a long time. I have learned a great deal playing this game, and it is my goal that many others have the same, great experience I have had playing this game. That's why I'm running for Governor - to improve the quality of this game. I hope the dynamics of this race change very soon and focus on how we can improve this region, not on tearing each other down. My administration would not only focus on game reform, but would also work on policy, after all, that is the main purpose of the game. The platform below gives you all an idea of what a Tmthforu94 Administration would look like. More will be added as time goes on! Enjoy!

Unemployment: I believe that little has been done by our regional government in terms of addressing the issue of unemployment in the past few months. Last month, we say unemployment actually rise in this region. While our unemployment rate, which currently rests at 6.9%, is relatively good compared to the national average, much more can and should be done, which is why, as Governor, I will propose an infrastructure jobs bill to help revitalize our region. My hope will be that, by the end of my first term, unemployment will be below 5% in our region. My goal is also to cut the corporate tax for companies headquartered in the Mideast region, and in turn, place a regional tax on online goods, which is already in the works.

Regional Budget: Itís time for the Mideast Region to pass a budget! I am currently working with Assemblyman JCL, and also attempting to work with Governor ZuWo on finding solutions to get as close to a balanced budget as possible without having crippling effects on my economy. I look forward to unveiling specific proposals on how we can do this throughout the campaign!

Rural Mideast: I was raised in a rural area of Indiana, and remain there to this day. As Governor, I will work to increase broadband to rural areas of the region. Here in Indiana, one of our biggest issues is the condition of our roads and bridges. Thatís why, as Governor of the Mideast, Iíll work to implement infrastructure projects that will both improve the quality of our region and bring jobs to the Mideast (See above point).

Bi-Partisanship: Iím proud to say that Iíve always been a bi-partisan citizen of Atlasia. I donít believe one party or ideology has the all of the answers and I always strive to create legislation that can be beneficial to all. My voting record proves this Ė throughout my time in Atlasia, Iíve given high preferences to moderates, conservatives, liberals, libertarians, populists, etc., which creates a stark contrast in this race. As your Governor, I will continue my bi-partisan streak. I base my vote not on political gain, as others may try and convince you I do, but on what I truly believe is best for the Mideast people.

New Member Recruitment: What keeps me going in this game is seeing new folks join this game and get involved. Thatís one of the reasons I support 5 Assemblymen, as I believe it gives new Mideasterners a better chance of getting involved in this game (see next point).

Regarding new members, I want to see new members join our region, and if I see someone from this region on the forum at-large who I think could contribute to this game, Iím going to recruit them. For me, though, it doesnít matter what their ideology is or what political party theyíllĖ I actually think having a diverse set of ideologies in our region is a good thing! I have a proven record in this game of recruiting folks from multiple backgrounds, and as Governor, Iíll continue that record.

As Governor, I will create a bi-partisan commission with the goal at bringing in new, quality members to our region. It will consider of three members Ė myself, a liberal, and a conservative.  However, it will not end there. This commission will also serve to help walk new members through the game and help integrate them into the region.

Assembly: I am a strong supporter of having an elected regional legislator, and I hope there will be a day when all regions adopt this practice.

I am a supporter of having five permanent seats in the Mideast Assembly. I think having five slots gives newer members an excellent opportunity to become involved in the game. Usually, newcomers finish towards the bottom in races because of inexperience, and I think weíll see a lot of new members lose seats to the established if we have elections where only three can be elected. Additionally, with only three assemblymen, two citizens can completely run this region. It only requires two votes for a bill to pass, as well as to override a veto. That puts too much power in only a few hands. However, with a recent regional vote taking place, this is not something I will actively push, as the Mideast people have already spoken. I would like to pass an amendment, though, requiring a unanimous vote to override a Governorís veto.

Wiki Reform: As every candidate ever has promised, I will be committed to improving the Wiki, something Iíve been an active part of for years. If elected Governor, and will create a non-partisan commission of Mideastern voters who will strategize and divide up different parts of the Wiki to maintain. I will also maintain my current commitment to make sure every Mideasterner has their own Wiki page. Additionally, my election as Governor would also come with something new to the Wiki: A ďNewbie-FriendlyĒ page. While we have something similar in the ďIntroduction to AtlasiaĒ thread, this would give new Mideasterners a Wiki page where they can learn in-depth about this region, which I firmly believe will lead to active and better-informed citizens.

Education: I believe both sides have answers when it comes to education. As Governor, I sponsored and passed legislation removing a cap on the amount of charter schools allowed for the region. If elected, I will seek to reform the ďTeaching Reform ActĒ, which requires a portion of a teacherís salary be based on studentís test scores. I believe tying teacherís pay to test scores is an attack on both teacherís rights and rural communities. Teachers will teach the test, not necessarily the curriculum, and it also discourages teachers from working in lower-income areas of the region. To help better connect with the teachers in our region, one of the first things I will enact is ďTell Us, TeacherísĒ. This will be an online survey on our regional website that will give teachers across our region an opportunity to tell us what is working and what is not in our education system.

I will also seek to form a statewide scholarship that will grant money to college students pursuing a degree in K-12 education, provided they commit to teaching in a low-income areaís for a certain number of years upon attaining their undergraduate degree. Students also need more opportunities to obtain vocational skills so that they can be more prepared when they head out into the workforce. Additionally, something I recently proposed in the Mideast Assembly is to use profits from college merchandise to put a freeze on tuition for four years at state-funded institutions, which looks like it will pass and be signed into law. This will give Mideast families the comfort of knowing their tuition will not skyrocket during their four years of college. Additionally, many of our schools are falling behind, structurally, which is why I support money being distributed to help fix our schools, and, in addition, bring more jobs to the Mideast.

Death Penalty: I am a strong opponent of the death penalty and will vehemently oppose any law that attempts to reinstate the death penalty in our region.

Animal Rights: I have always been an advocate for animal rights in Atlasia. When I was Governor in 2010, I pushed through the "Animal Protection Act", which showed Atlasia that the Mideast meant business when it came to animal rights. An animal rights bill was actually the first thing I ever introduced in Atlasia. Several sessions ago, a bill was introduced by my opponent which would require multiple dog breeds to wear muzzles whenever they were in public. I am in strong opposition to such legislation, and it would be vetoed if it came across my desk. I don't believe dogs are born evil - they become evil because of poor treatment from their owner.

Environment:
As Governor, I will back legislation to ensure that by 2020, 25% of electricity sold in the region must come from renewable resources. With almost all of the Great Lakes being a part of our region, I think it is important that our government remain a positive and working relationship with the Canadians to ensure the Great Lakes are preserved and well-maintained. Our region has also been blessed with such a great source of energy, and believe we must take advantage of having the Great Lakes in our backyard.

Warner for President '16
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 02, 2012, 01:52:10 pm »
Ignore

That is a platform I can get behind.

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #846 on: September 02, 2012, 01:57:10 pm »
Ignore

Do you support the Equal Rights Amendment currently before the Senate?
After carefully reading through the debate, especially Attorney General Afleitch's statements, I plan to vote for the ERA.

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #847 on: September 03, 2012, 01:58:37 am »
Ignore

Statement from the Campaign
Tmthforu94 would like to wish all Atlasians a very enjoyable Labor Day. We appreciate the hard work of our labor force, and are thankful for all they do to our region and our nation!

Tmthforu94 will walk in two Labor Day parades in Terre Haute, Indiana, and Effingham, Illinois. Tomorrow morning he will also be holding a forum with union members in Terre Haute, Indiana.

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #848 on: September 03, 2012, 11:51:16 am »
Ignore

Statement from Tmthforu94

I would like to voice my opposition to the Shut Yo Face Act for the following reasons which I stated in the debate thread.

A couple things:
1. The penalties are way too drastic. I'm surprised anyone could actually support it in its original form, considering how it much it could hinder activity.
2. Welcoming folks to the game is the first step to getting them to stay active. While I'd agree that having 20 empty quotes welcoming one person to the game is ridiculous, if one or two folks welcome someone, I don't see the harm in that.
3. This is an attack on free speech, threatening to punish someone for welcoming another person to the game.
4. Even if you don't like the first three points, this shouldn't be passed unless MG Gustaf comments on it.

Also, how the hell are Midwesterners supposed to give their new residents cake if this passes? Wink Tongue

Psychic Octopus
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 03, 2012, 03:06:49 pm »
Ignore

Endorsed.

What are your plans for reducing crime in the Mideast?

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 59 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout