Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 04:41:00 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  The Office of Former President Tmthforu94
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 59 Print
Author Topic: The Office of Former President Tmthforu94  (Read 76520 times)
A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 1.13

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: September 22, 2012, 01:13:10 pm »
Ignore

Congratulations Governor-elect

IBDD
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #901 on: September 22, 2012, 01:50:26 pm »
Ignore

congrats gov elect

Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.-Napoleon Bonaparte

Ones reputation is like a shadow, it is gigantic when it precedes you, and a pigmy in proportion when it follows.- Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Pιrigord

The world isnt always black and white
Citizen Alfred
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 22, 2012, 02:27:29 pm »
Ignore

Congratulations, Mr. Governor-elect!

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #903 on: September 22, 2012, 11:48:37 pm »
Ignore

Thank you all for your kind words!

I will be making a speech shortly after the polls close in a few hours. Smiley

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #904 on: September 23, 2012, 12:03:22 pm »
Ignore

Statement from Governor-elect Tmthforu94

Good morning, Atlasia!

A few hours ago, polls officially closed in the Mideast region, and guess what? We did it!!! Smiley We began this journey several months ago, and to end it today with success is certainly a great feeling. Our positive, issue-driven campaign prevailed!

I would first like to thank my opponent, Governor ZuWo, for his dedication and commitment to this game – he is certainly a valuable Mideasterner, and I sincerely hope he will stay involved in this game.

I want to thank all of the people who have supported me, people coming from all sides of the political spectrum. Without all of your help and support, this would not be possible. Thank you, and I hope I do you proud.

To those who supported my opponent - you will have a strong voice in my administration. As Governor, it will be my goal to represent all people of the region, not just those who supported my campaign. I want to prove to you that the Mideast made a good decision in electing me as their Governor.

Today, we begin a new chapter in this region. I'm already hard at work to create new solutions and ideas to further improve our region. Together, we will make this region greater and stronger than it already is. Thank you! Smiley

Governor-Elect Tmthforu94 Smiley

-Jackie Robinson
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 23, 2012, 12:05:44 pm »
Ignore

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #906 on: September 24, 2012, 12:52:35 pm »
Ignore

Statement from Governor-elect Tmthforu94

Good afternoon!

Mideast citizens, a constitutional amendment on banning capital punishment has reached our region! I strongly urge y'all to head over and vote AYE on this amendment.

The results thus far look promising. In the past, the Mideast has always been one of the regions holding this amendment back from becoming law.

-Jackie Robinson
afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 24, 2012, 01:41:48 pm »
Ignore

Oh and congrats Cheesy
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #908 on: September 24, 2012, 05:37:07 pm »
Ignore

Congratulations to you, our new Governor-Elect!  I didn't vote for you, but I still like you and know you will do a great job.

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.
When I voted for the first time a few weeks ago, I announced "damnit, I voted for Pat Buchanan!" Nobody got it.
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #909 on: September 28, 2012, 09:37:15 am »
Ignore

Swearing in today! Smiley

Well, I'm on EDT, and the Constitution states EST, and I can't figure out whether or not I can swear in at 11, noon, or 1. So unless someone provides me an answer soon, I'll probably just wait until 1 to stay on the safe side. Smiley

-Jackie Robinson
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #910 on: September 28, 2012, 03:05:49 pm »
Ignore

Governor Update 1

Good afternoon! Smiley

In my first action as Governor, I am proud to announce the formation of the "Mideast Welcoming Committee". This committee will be tasked with helping new Mideasterners successfully  integrate into the game. One of our first projects will be to create a newbie-friendly Wiki page where we can specifically detail just about everything you need to know about this region, as well as providing them with information on how they can become involved in the game.

The group will consist of one conservative, one liberal, and myself. I am pleased to appoint former Mideast Assemblyman Oldiesfreak (Whig) and Mr. X (Liberal) to the Mideast Welcoming Committee. Smiley I will be contacting both of you in the coming days with more details and brainstorming idea's.

Governor Tmthforu94

-Jackie Robinson
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #911 on: September 29, 2012, 11:55:29 am »
Ignore

Governor Update 2

Good afternoon! Smiley

There are two very important votes that are ongoing right now. The first, which has been going on for several days now, is the vote on the Capital Punishment Abolition Amendment. We've had pretty good turnout thus far, but the vote ends in a couple days, so I'd encourage anyone who hasn't voted to vote on it (and Aye, for that matter Wink).

Additionally, we currently have a heated election for At-Large Senator. We have a fantastic crop of candidates running in this election, but I'd like to encourage all remaining voters to vote for Franzl, our "hometown boy". Wink Franzl would make an excellent addition to the Senate - I'm sure of this.

Governor Tmthforu94

-Jackie Robinson
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 01, 2012, 12:13:46 pm »
Ignore

Mr. Governor: With immediate effect , I resign as Superior Court Judge.
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #913 on: October 01, 2012, 12:15:57 pm »
Ignore

Mr. Governor: With immediate effect , I resign as Superior Court Judge.
Thank you for your service to the region! Smiley Congratulations on your election to the Senate - do us proud!!!

With that, the position for Superior Court Judge is currently vacant. Please contact me ASAP if you are interested. I hope to make an appointment within 24 hours.

-Jackie Robinson
All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #914 on: October 01, 2012, 09:03:03 pm »
Ignore

Governor Update 3
Well, I'm making this appointment much quicker than I expected to, but I've had a feeling I'd be making an appointment on this for over a week now. Wink I was lucky to find a highly qualified, active Mideasterner who I'm certain will do a great job as Superior Court Judge.

I hereby appoint TJ in Cleve to the position of Superior Court Judge! Smiley

Governor Tmthforu94

-Jackie Robinson
IDS Legislator Pingvin
Pingvin99
YaBB God
Estonia

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: October 01, 2012, 10:53:36 pm »
Ignore

Great choice, Governor! Smiley

A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 1.13

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 06, 2012, 10:20:33 pm »
Ignore

I implore the Governor to veto the Union bill soon to approach his desk and stand to protect the LRA!

Ectoplasm X
jdb
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 06, 2012, 11:09:45 pm »
Ignore

I strongly urge the Governor to sign the Union Liberation Act into law, it is a truly vital piece of legislation and you have a chance to do a great thing for the region by ending the LRA.

Cool Grin Tongue Smiley Sad Huh Angry Wink Roll Eyes Undecided Cheesy
Shocked Lips sealed

Senator JCL and the geologist
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 07, 2012, 12:39:13 pm »
Ignore

I echo A-Bob's call to protect the LRA. The ULA would give back undue powers to unions and would violate individual workers rights to not join a union should their conscience dictate such.

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
David Brat (R/VA-7)
Gass3268
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 07, 2012, 01:40:50 pm »
Ignore

I strongly support the statement made by Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X!
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 07, 2012, 06:29:49 pm »
Ignore

I echo A-Bob's call to protect the LRA. The ULA would give back undue powers to unions and would violate individual workers rights to not join a union should their conscience dictate such.

Yup, this.

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #921 on: October 07, 2012, 06:41:34 pm »
Ignore

Upon its passage from the Assembly, I urge the governor to veto the Union Liberation Act.

The simple fact is that the unions don't need liberating!  Under the LRA, attempting to break up a union is illegal!  Firing an employee for attempting to unionize... illegal!

But under the ULA, there is no law giving employees the opportunity to opt out of a union if his or her industry wants to mandate unions.  The LRA protects workers rights while also protecting unions' rights 100%.  The ULA eliminates some of the rights given to workers.  The ULA is genuinely a purely objective, fair, centrist piece of legislation.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #922 on: October 07, 2012, 06:44:43 pm »
Ignore

The following bill has passed:

2012 Union Liberation Bill
Section 1 
 • Union busting will be legally defined as a practice that is undertaken by an employer or their agents to prevent employees from joining a labor union, or subvert, stop workers right to join, or destroy unions that already exist.
 • The above practice will be made illegal in the Mideast Region in order to protect the rights of citizen workers in the region.
 • Punishments for companies may include large fines totaling no more than twenty five percent of their annual income for that year that the union was affected by the aforementioned practice.
Section 2
• An additional ballot to require an employer recognize a union is herby eliminated, if a majority of workers have already signed cards expressing their wish to have a union
 • Requiring an additional ballot will be made illegal in the Mideast Region in order to protect the rights of citizen workers in the region.
 • Punishments for companies that force an additional ballot may include large fines totaling no more than twenty five percent of their annual income for that year that the union was affected by the aforementioned practice.
Section 3
• Workers in all professions are allowed to unionize; this includes the fallow professions that were once prohibited:
      o Agricultural workers including family farms
      o Domestic workers
      o First-level managers
      o Independent contractors
      o Regional and state government workers 
Section 4
• Labor Relations Act is hereby repealed
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 07, 2012, 06:54:48 pm »
Ignore

Yup, this.

There's something not right about "protecting the LRA". KONY 2012.

Governor TJ
TJ in Cleve
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 07, 2012, 07:47:43 pm »
Ignore

I've never understood why unions want to be allowed to votes by a method other than secret ballot; it gives both sides a better chance to use backhanded threats and intimidation to influence votes. Isn't it better for the workers if management doesn't know which way individual employees voted?

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 59 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout