Duke 4 Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 02:49:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Duke 4 Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Duke 4 Senate  (Read 10600 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 01, 2009, 04:35:10 PM »
« edited: November 16, 2009, 05:35:26 PM by AHDuke99 »

This time, I am on the ballot.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:38:54 PM »

Governor Duke, the prevailing issue this campaign season appears to be sparking user activity. What will you do as a senator, through legislation or otherwise, to increase activity amongst current members and recruit newbies?
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 04:39:47 PM »

You have my support.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 04:44:18 PM »

Wait, you were the one who persuaded me into running for this seat? Because of that, shouldn't you be endorsing me?
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 04:47:27 PM »

Wait, you were the one who persuaded me into running for this seat? Because of that, shouldn't you be endorsing me?

That is before I knew Duke was running.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 04:48:07 PM »

If you thought Duke was a better candidate, then why didn't you message him, asking him to run, instead of me?
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 04:52:06 PM »

If you thought Duke was a better candidate, then why didn't you message him, asking him to run, instead of me?

Why are you PMing me and Posting the same question? This isn't the place for this. I have answered you in the PM. And FTR, I didn't know Duke wanted to run for Senate, and I didn't ask him because he is the Governor of the Southeast.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 04:52:56 PM »

Why are you PMing me and Posting the same question? This isn't the place for this. I have answered you in the PM. And FTR, I didn't know Duke wanted to run for Senate, and I didn't ask him because he is the Governor of the Southeast.
And for the record, you didn't know I was running either.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 04:55:31 PM »

GAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Dan's a backstabber!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 05:02:52 PM »

Another Libertarian? Tongue

Best of luck to you, Duke. Smiley
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 05:05:39 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Dan's a backstabber!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

No, I'm not a backstabber. I asked Bayh told he should run a while back to run because no one else at that time had their name in the hat. I never came out and supported him, just said he should run. Now that Duke is in the race, I believe Duke will be a better candidate for the job.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 05:08:51 PM »

No, I'm not a backstabber. I asked Bayh told he should run a while back to run because no one else at that time had their name in the hat. I never came out and supported him, just said he should run. Now that Duke is in the race, I believe Duke will be a better candidate for the job.
Then you should have asked him, not me.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 05:12:44 PM »

Let's all accept this for what it is and move on. Bayh'10, if you focus too much on this, you'll hurt your reputation and alienate potential voters.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 05:14:08 PM »

Governor Duke, the prevailing issue this campaign season appears to be sparking user activity. What will you do as a senator, through legislation or otherwise, to increase activity amongst current members and recruit newbies?

That's the age old question that has plagued Atlasia for almost a year now. It will be a giant kudos to who actually solves the problem. But to answer it, it's kind of unrealistic to believe that we could increase activity through legislation unless we create some sort of mandatory participation cap which members must meet or they will be booted from Atlas entirely which would be illegal and extremely unpopular. We can certainly use it as a tool to spark debate.

What I think needs to be done, if we can get cooperation from management, is to allow Senators to have a thread stickied at the top so that citizens can make requests for legislation that is important to them that they would like to see introduced. From what I have gathered, and correct me if I am wrong, we have individual senators coming up with legislative ideas and they seem to have very little interaction with their constituents. All the senators, current and prospective, need to get more involved at the local level. Remember, we are there to serve the people, not just our own interests. It is almost like the Senate itself is an exclusive club that is only open to the senators. We need to change that, and I think implementing some of the things mentioned would help bring them closer to home. It's also important that citizens know who their senator's are. We seem to be getting a lot of new members here to Atlasia who have no idea how things are, who their governor or senators are, or what their purpose in life is. Marokai has already done a good job with the introduction to Atlasia, but it could also use a blurb about who the current senators and governor's are.

Another idea I can throw out there would be a weekly recap of what went on in the senate, written and published in the Atlas Fantasy Election forum so everyone can see which bill was voted on and who voted nay or yay. For the year and a half I've been in Atlas, I never knew for the life of me what was going on in the Senate. Sure, I was lazy, but I don't expect everyone to read through pages and pages of jibber jabber to find out answers.

Of course, these new members must find the thread on their own, which can be difficult. Some other ideas could include a biweekly "Senator of the Week" award in which Senators get together to vote on who has been the best at his job during those two weeks, but that may be a bit trivial. Again, I would like to hear any ideas from other citizens, because they are as much as part of Atlasia as Senators are.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 05:19:02 PM »

What I think needs to be done, if we can get cooperation from management, is to allow Senators to have a thread stickied at the top so that citizens can make requests for legislation that is important to them that they would like to see introduced. From what I have gathered, and correct me if I am wrong, we have individual senators coming up with legislative ideas and they seem to have very little interaction with their constituents. All the senators, current and prospective, need to get more involved at the local level. Remember, we are there to serve the people, not just our own interests. It is almost like the Senate itself is an exclusive club that is only open to the senators. We need to change that, and I think implementing some of the things mentioned would help bring them closer to home. It's also important that citizens know who their senator's are. We seem to be getting a lot of new members here to Atlasia who have no idea how things are, who their governor or senators are, or what their purpose in life is. Marokai has already done a good job with the introduction to Atlasia, but it could also use a blurb about who the current senators and governor's are.

I have proposed similar ideas, though not on a large scale only on a personal level, in my campaign.

I have to say, those are great ideas. While I cannot support you (I already support tmthforu94), I can say I think you would make a great senator.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 06:45:04 PM »

Since this is a National STV seat you can vote for all three people in order of preference.
Mine will probably be as follows
1. Duke
2. tmforu94 
3. Marokai

Vepres is right continuing the bickering will harm your candidacy tmforu. FTR though you should have PMed PiT regarding your candidacy that way he could tell you who the top tier candidates were that he was trying to recruit and that way you would no the race would change and certain endorsements could fall through. 

Just so you know I am endorsing Duke.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 06:55:19 PM »

Since this is a National STV seat you can vote for all three people in order of preference.
1. Duke
2. tmforu94 
3. Marokai

Vepres is right continuing the bickering will harm your candidacy tmforu. FTR though you should have PMed PiT regarding your candidacy that way he could tell you who the top tier candidates were that he was trying to recruit and that way you would no the race would change and certain endorsements could fall through. 

Thank you for putting me second, my friend.
I have quit posting on the matter. It has ended. It is behind me, and I will hold nothing politically against Dan. When I expressed interest, it was because no one else from my party was running. That is why I decided to run.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 07:50:09 PM »

1. Duke
2. tmforu94 
3. Marokai

I have quit posting on the matter. It has ended. It is behind me, and I will hold nothing politically against Dan. When I expressed interest, it was because no one else from my party was running. That is why I decided to run.

Yes if I had known yesterday afternoon that you were running I would have recommended you as an option to PiT but my concern was that we hold the seat.  My goal was to avoid us being wiped out of the National Senate seats if we didn't have a candidate, since we are too large a party to lose them all in a normal election and thus it would be quite embarrassing for the party. With Smid's retirement it was looking like we would have only 2 Senators myself and Jedi and once Jedi retires the midwest is good as gone.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 06:34:12 AM »

1. Duke
2. tmforu94 
3. Marokai

Yes if I had known yesterday afternoon that you were running I would have recommended you as an option to PiT but my concern was that we hold the seat.  My goal was to avoid us being wiped out of the National Senate seats if we didn't have a candidate, since we are too large a party to lose them all in a normal election and thus it would be quite embarrassing for the party. With Smid's retirement it was looking like we would have only 2 Senators myself and Jedi and once Jedi retires the midwest is good as gone.
We could also pick up the Mideast seat in the upcoming election if we work at it.
the artist formerly known as catmusic
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 04:30:51 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2009, 04:41:23 PM by catmusic »

My vote will be:

1. Bayh! '10
2. GPORTER
3. Governor Duke
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 04:31:38 PM »

My vote will be:

1. Bayh! '10
2. GPORTER
3. Makroi

Learn to spell and learn about Gporter.
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 04:33:25 PM »

My vote will be:

1. Bayh! '10
2. GPORTER
3. Makroi

I changed it. Are you still mad at me for leaving the DA?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 04:37:11 PM »

My vote will be:

1. Bayh! '10
2. GPORTER
3. Marokai

Tee hee! Okay. Thanks for stopping by anyway. I like GPORTER as well.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 04:40:52 PM »

My vote will be:

1. Bayh! '10
2. GPORTER
3. Makroi

I changed it. Are you still mad at me for leaving the DA?

I'm not mad at you for anything, though I have my personal opinions concerning your action. I do wish people would research candidates a bit more instead of voting for them because they like them, because they're as mature as they are, because they're the same age, or because they're friends.
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 04:42:42 PM »

My vote will be:

1. Bayh! '10
2. GPORTER
3. Marokai

Tee hee! Okay. Thanks for stopping by anyway. I like GPORTER as well.

I actually changed that. You seem like another one I'd vote for.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies