Duke 4 Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 09:25:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Duke 4 Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Duke 4 Senate  (Read 10583 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2009, 04:19:30 PM »

Devilman, I'd vote for you.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2009, 04:38:36 PM »

Thank you. I may run for Senate in Feb, in the Mideast. Not sure yet. Smiley
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2009, 04:39:30 PM »

Well, nevermind, then, sorry. Einzige is already running and I have previously endorsed and pledged my support. In that case, I suggest you run for Assembly, possibly with ARC backing.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »

Well, nevermind, then, sorry. Einzige is already running and I have previously endorsed and pledged my support. In that case, I suggest you run for Assembly, possibly with ARC backing.

Wait a second.

I wonder: is Devilman more electable than me on a national stage? Also, is he flexible enough to support - or, at least, not oppose - social libertarianism?

If so, if these two conditions are met, I'd be willing to bow out of the Senate race and run again for Assembly, provided that Devilman declares on the ARC line and supports me to the best of his ability. I am the first to tell you that the majority of voters here yet find me radical (though that is going to change shortly).
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2009, 05:11:04 PM »

Wait a second.

I wonder: is Devilman more electable than me on a national stage? Also, is he flexible enough to support - or, at least, not oppose - social libertarianism?

If so, if these two conditions are met, I'd be willing to bow out of the Senate race and run again for Assembly, provided that Devilman declares on the ARC line and supports me to the best of his ability. I am the first to tell you that the majority of voters here yet find me radical (though that is going to change shortly).

That would ultimately be up to yourself and Devilman, however, you could always run for Assembly in January and Senate, too, in February.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2009, 07:10:13 PM »

I was also thinking of running for Mideast Senate in February, however, I won't run if you do.

I think I will run for Assembly, as I think I'll need some experience first.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2009, 07:11:01 PM »

I was also thinking of running for Mideast Senate in February, however, I won't run if you do.

As with Devilman, I will drop out of that race if you run on a joint ARC-RPP ticket.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2009, 07:12:09 PM »

Also, Josh has supported many social freedoms (he himself is of a discriminated group). He voted for Obama and Hagan for that reason. He also won election in the region previously. I think I would comfortable support him if he ran on a moderate platform, not the "true conservative" thing he tried last time. He's a nice guy, really kind to people, and is treated unfairly.

If we elect Devilman for Senate and Einzige for Assembly, that is a good trade-off.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2009, 07:13:41 PM »

Also, Josh has supported many social freedoms (he himself is of a discriminated group). He voted for Obama and Hagan for that reason. He also won election in the region previously. I think I would comfortable support him if he ran on a moderate platform, not the "true conservative" thing he tried last time. He's a nice guy, really kind to people, and is treated unfairly.

Indeed. I'm ready and willing to support anyone who shares my vision, and to set aside my own ambitions to do so.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2009, 07:16:38 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2009, 07:20:15 PM by SoIA NiK »

As with Devilman, I will drop out of that race if you run on a joint ARC-RPP ticket.

Well, I'm not sure what I'll do. As of now, you will have my vote if Devilman does not run. I think I'll run for Assembly, but I'll leave the door open to running for Mideast Senate, if my party, (The DA) want me to run.

And also, I am no longer a member of the RPP. Wink
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2009, 07:20:34 PM »

Well, I'm not sure what I'll do. As of now, you will have my vote if Devilman does not run. I think I'll run for Assembly.

Deal. There's an open seat for both of you if either if you want it; if one of you chooses not to run, then I'll opt in.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2009, 07:22:54 PM »

Well, I'm not sure what I'll do. As of now, you will have my vote if Devilman does not run. I think I'll run for Assembly.

Deal. There's an open seat for both of you if either if you want it; if one of you chooses not to run, then I'll opt in.

Ok, I'll only run for Mideast Senate if my party wants me to, as I don't want to contradict pre-existing plans, or run against any member of my party, (The DA).

Otherwise, I'll probably run for Assembly.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2009, 07:23:41 PM »

If we elect Devilman for Senate and Einzige for Assembly, that is a good trade-off.

Can you trust that he will continue to share your ideas for his whole term?
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2009, 07:23:51 PM »

Ok, I'll only run for Mideast Senate if my party wants me to, as I don't want to contradict pre-existing plans, or run against any member of my party, (The DA).

Right on. If you do run for Assembly, can I convince you to run for it on an ARC ticket?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2009, 07:24:36 PM »

Can you trust that he will continue to share your ideas for his whole term?

I know you are trying to be funny, but he will still be better than the alternative that the JCP or RPP may offer.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2009, 07:28:04 PM »

Right on. If you do run for Assembly, can I convince you to run for it on an ARC ticket?

Well, if the Fusion Voting Act passes, I'd gladly accept an endorsement from the ARC. I'd take all the votes I could get. But, I'll only run for office if my party wants me too, as I don't want to hurt or disregard pre-existing plans.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2009, 07:28:47 PM »

Well, if the Fusion Voting Act passes, I'd gladly accept an endorsement from the ARC. I'd take all the votes I could get. But, I'll only run for office if my party wants me too, as I don't want to hurt or disregard pre-existing plans.

This works for me. Hamilton, we've got to get the FVA passed.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2009, 12:13:28 AM »

Looks like being on the ballot helps immensely. Wink

Much thanks to you all who voted for me, and to those who didn't, hopefully I will be tolerable in the Senate over the next few months. I'd like to extend a warm congratulations to Mint, aflietch, Badger and Fritz on their elections as well. I also want to send out thank you's to Barnes, DWTL, Vepres and SewerSocial for running spirited campaigns and adding the needed competitiveness and ideas to the election cycle. I look forward to working with all of you, and the current batch, lest we forget, in the Senate.

- Duke
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2009, 12:14:38 AM »

Congratulations Senator.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2009, 12:18:21 AM »

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2009, 12:19:56 AM »

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2009, 12:21:36 AM »

Thank you! Smiley

And congratulations! I wish you well. Smiley
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2009, 12:24:51 AM »

Duke, I always knew you would make it in. I am glad that you did.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2009, 07:19:34 AM »

Well, congratulations. I'm glad you got in instead of DWTL.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2009, 03:49:50 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies