Duke 4 Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:29:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Duke 4 Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Duke 4 Senate  (Read 10447 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »

Governor, I'd just like to stop by and say that I'm very happy you're running in this election.

I am currently undecided....but I'm considering a second preference for you.

Ultimately, however my preferences turn out....I'm confident that you'd make a good senator, and I feel that we would find much common ground to work on together.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 04:51:29 PM »

Governor, I'd just like to stop by and say that I'm very happy you're running in this election.

I am currently undecided....but I'm considering a second preference for you.

Ultimately, however my preferences turn out....I'm confident that you'd make a good senator, and I feel that we would find much common ground to work on together.

Thanks for the well-wishes, my friend.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 09:53:01 PM »

BUMP TO THE FIRST PAGE.

If anyone has any questions for me that haven't already been addressed, fire away!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 10:08:32 PM »

Mr. Governor, you have my full support, and will have my first preference.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 10:13:21 PM »

Mr. Governor, you have my full support, and will have my first preference.

I'd send you several gallons of sweet tea if I could. Thank you for your support.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 10:23:40 PM »

Kiawah Island, SC - I want to say hello to my friends here at Kiawah Island. Instead of wasting taxpayers  dollars by flying all around the country campaigning, I figured I would come out to my home, home town of Kiawah Island and give a nice sea side speech in front of the Sanctuary, which I highly recommend if you want good food in a relaxing environment. Lord knows I'll need it after this race.

Anyway, I don't want to waste a lot of your time because frankly, I've run my mouth enough. Most of you know me by now. You know what I'm about. I'm not going to attack my opponents because they all have their pros and cons. I just happen to think I have more pros than cons Wink I'm also a nice guy.

I just want to say that I thank everyone who has sent love in my direction, and I encourage all of you to vote come election day. Often times these decisions are not easy to make, as many of you have personal ties with many of the candidates. I've been there, and I know how it is. In a day and age where the themes of activity and participation are hot as a fire cracker, I want to make sure everyone casts their ballot on election "period," whether it be for me or my opponents. Please remember that if you do vote for me, you'll probably feel better about yourself, run faster, look thinner in the mirror, and probably get a raise at your place of work. Just keep that in mind when you are making your decision Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 10:49:28 PM »

I've suggested as much so far, but I would like to officially endorse you in your campaign for Senate. Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 08:59:12 PM »

Impromptu Speech in Favor of Duke
                                           Indianapolis, Indiana

Okay what am I doing in tmthforu94's backyard giving a speech for Duke. I am here today to encourage you to vote for Duke or if you planned to for tmhforu94 I am here to encourage you to second preference Duke. I realise that there is a huge movement for new blood around here. I understand why that is happening and I am sympathetic to that cause because I myself am quite new to Atlasia.

There is however another debate here in Atlasia, a debate that has been put aside for the sake of dealing with innactivity. However I beleive that once this has run its course we will fall back to the old debate. That debate is whether Nyman should hold the answers to our countries problems, or whether the regions should. Whether a powerfull Government is the important to our future or whether a powerfull free peoples is. I will state firmly right now that when a debate comes up between Nyman and the Regions, Duke will side firmly with the regions. I know the if the debate is over whether to strenghten Gov't or strenghten the peoples, Duke will side with the people.

The reason I know this is because 10 months ago the supposedly inactive and lazy Gov Duke having only then been in office a short time had turned around the Dirty South, from being a joke region where only one person voted in the June 2008 elections, I have a lot of respect for tmthforu94 and will gladly work with him in the next Senate should he win and I will gladly second preference him, we have our disagreements on some things but that is not why I endorse Duke.  I endorse Duke cause he has demonstrated an abililty to raise to the occasion when called and I know he will do it again. Thank you and Good night
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 09:01:56 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm not saying you should be endorsing me, but I would like to clarify that I will also side with the regions.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2009, 09:02:51 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm not saying you should be endorsing myself, but I would like to clarify that I will also side with the regions.

I would also like to say that I've resisted any efforts to eliminate regions in the Constitutional Convention..
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 10:26:42 PM »

Governor Duke, I want you to know that, given the recent events, that you have my full support in your senate bid.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 10:31:14 PM »

Governor Duke, I want you to know that, given the recent events, that you have my full support in your senate bid.
Ditto Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 04:35:30 PM »

Go vote! We might be getting slaughtered right now, but bigger miracles have happened! Free popsicles to anyone who votes for me!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 01:42:27 PM »

It's clear that the outcome of the Special Senate election has already been decided. It's almost impossible for me to win at this point. I want to extend a sincere congratulations to Marokai. He ran a tough, effective campaign in which he was nothing but civil with me. I appreciate his attitude throughout the process.

He will make a wonderful Senator for Atlasia for a long time. He will inject a passion and vigor into the Senate that this game needs in order to improve and increase participation.

I want to also extend a thank you to my supporters and those who almost supported me but backed out for certain party loyalties. These races are not always easy. We had some solid candidates in this race, but I feel the Senate will be in good hands with Marokai now involved.

As for me, this race marks the end of my time in Atlasia. It has been a good year and half, but the passion that burned within me a year ago has slowly died out over time, and I feel it is time for fresh blood to take over the Southeastern region. There may be a future time where I'll dust off the political engine and run again, but for now, this is goodbye Atlasia public life. Good luck to all those working to reinvigorate the place.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 01:43:32 PM »

I wish you wouldn't go, Duke. Atlasia will be a worse place without you in it. Sad
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2009, 01:46:58 PM »

The outcome of this race was very disappointing, & I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving Atlasia.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2009, 01:53:17 PM »

The outcome of this race was very disappointing, & I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving Atlasia.

Well, this place is all about elections first and foremost. We need new blood in the Dirty South's Governor's Mansion, and there isn't much else to do here. I made it clear that this would be my last race. Perhaps in the future, I'll run again for the Senate when there is a more favorable environment, but for now, I'm retiring.

Of course, I will continue to be active within the RPP. Wink
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2009, 05:34:43 PM »

Well, this place is all about elections first and foremost. We need new blood in the Dirty South's Governor's Mansion, and there isn't much else to do here. I made it clear that this would be my last race. Perhaps in the future, I'll run again for the Senate when there is a more favorable environment, but for now, I'm retiring.

Of course, I will continue to be active within the RPP. Wink

I am not sure there is any new blood in the Southeast except for me and I am already in a different race. Anyway I though you made one heck of a try and I thank you for the passion and vigor you did bring to this game while you were here. Marokai is right this place just won't be the same without you. I am glad to see you plan to still be active within the party.   
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2009, 11:25:04 AM »

It's clear that the outcome of the Special Senate election has already been decided. It's almost impossible for me to win at this point. I want to extend a sincere congratulations to Marokai. He ran a tough, effective campaign in which he was nothing but civil with me. I appreciate his attitude throughout the process.

He will make a wonderful Senator for Atlasia for a long time. He will inject a passion and vigor into the Senate that this game needs in order to improve and increase participation.

I want to also extend a thank you to my supporters and those who almost supported me but backed out for certain party loyalties. These races are not always easy. We had some solid candidates in this race, but I feel the Senate will be in good hands with Marokai now involved.

As for me, this race marks the end of my time in Atlasia. It has been a good year and half, but the passion that burned within me a year ago has slowly died out over time, and I feel it is time for fresh blood to take over the Southeastern region. There may be a future time where I'll dust off the political engine and run again, but for now, this is goodbye Atlasia public life. Good luck to all those working to reinvigorate the place.

If you mean you're taking a break from running for Atlasia public office, well, that's your call as to what's best.

If you mean that you plan on taking a break from posting and involvement with the Atlas forum as a whole that would be a real loss for all and ask you to strongly reconsider.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2009, 07:34:31 AM »

I really wish I could have voted for you. I've just spent the past few days in the middle of norwhere in texas and just got back to houston. I hope that you return to politics soon, you were a great governor and will be missed!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2009, 01:27:23 AM »

(On first page as well)

I am happy to announce that I have decided to run a renegade write-in campaign for the upcoming Senate elections revolving around the same compelling ideas discussed earlier. I am happy to see that activity in Atlasia has picked up and that we survived the revolution that was undoubtedly waiting in the wings. Wink

In the spirit of all that is good and holy, I am going to run for the Senate. Let's face it. This place is fun sometimes and it is hard for this old governor to hang up the boots. I miss the debate and action. While I know the odds are slim and my expectation are low, I would welcome any support that could be tossed my way. If anything, this move throws a curveball at our current election cycle.

Good luck to all that is running.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2009, 01:30:34 AM »

I endorse you.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2009, 01:50:06 AM »
« Edited: August 16, 2009, 01:52:23 AM by Hamilton »

I like the overall independence behind this campaign. It's a quality that is gravely needed to make a great Senator. I also admire your ability to break away from the party line when need be.

OFFICIAL HAMILTON ENDORSEMENT
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2009, 01:56:13 AM »

Consider yourself endorsed.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon