Michelle Bachmann
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 04:45:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Michelle Bachmann
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Michelle Bachmann  (Read 15319 times)
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2009, 11:11:02 PM »

Biden did question republicans patriotism , when he said it's unpatriotic to lower taxes. Last time I checked the GOP is anti-taxes.

Biden said that it is patriotic to pay taxes.  Bachmann called Obama anti-American and blamed him for the outbreak of Swine flu.  Not quite the same.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2009, 10:23:24 AM »

Is this thread for real, or am I hallucinating?

Quite possibly, both.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2009, 10:56:58 AM »

Biden did question republicans patriotism , when he said it's unpatriotic to lower taxes. Last time I checked the GOP is anti-taxes.

Biden said that it is patriotic to pay taxes.  Bachmann called Obama anti-American and blamed him for the outbreak of Swine flu.  Not quite the same.

Either way BIden is a bigger idiot then Bachmann.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2009, 01:55:55 PM »

They both are known to say stupid things. But anyone who has seen Biden in action on the Foreign Relations Committee or at a debate knows he is a highly intelligence individual who knows his stuff, despite his eccentricities. On the other hand, the overwhelming preponderance of evidence both from her congressional career and from her earlier one in the state senate is that Bachman is a nut of limited intelligence and and inclinations in the direction of the black helicopter crowd. I mean she hid in the bushes outside the state house during the Gay Marriage vote because she thought the gays were out to get her. Her nonsense about a North American Union further reinforces this. There are intelligent people with many of the same abhorrent views on social issues. She is not one of them.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2009, 02:15:07 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2009, 02:18:15 PM by Lunar »

hahahaha I never heard that story,

here's the image of her!  Just looked it up

hahaha
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2009, 02:38:06 PM »

No chance.  Biden is, despite his gaffes, a very intelligent individual.  Michelle Bachmann is a lunatic.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2009, 02:41:40 PM »

Really, how retarded are the people who voted for her in the last two elections?

I can't believe that in such a conservative district the Republicans can't find a sane person to run for the seat.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2009, 02:45:19 PM »

Really, how retarded are the people who voted for her in the last two elections?

I can't believe that in such a conservative district the Republicans can't find a sane person to run for the seat.

Her district thinks that she's sane.  You know, water finds its own level and all that.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2009, 07:01:26 PM »

hahaha
That can't be her. That person looks masculine, and is way too wide.

No chance.  Biden is, despite his gaffes, a very intelligent individual.  Michelle Bachmann is a lunatic.
Agreed on the bold part. Biden has done some questionable things, but he's been a decent VP.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2009, 07:07:16 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2009, 07:13:24 PM by Lunar »

hahaha

when we're talking about "hiding behind the bushes" are you assuming that we're talking about the dude standing behind the pole?  That would be a fairly weird conclusion.

pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2009, 07:24:18 PM »

Incase you haven't noticed ,i'm a lunatic too. (Except on gay marrige)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2009, 07:46:49 PM »

Well they tried, but she got all the crazies out to the caucus, and the others agreed to drop out after the caucus results. So she won based on that.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2009, 09:03:28 PM »

Bachmann is awesome you think she's crazy ,the same way i think Charles Rangel and Dan Murtha are sleezbags
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2009, 09:40:31 PM »

Bachmann is awesome you think she's crazy ,the same way i think Charles Rangel and Dan Murtha are sleezbags

They may be sleazy, but Bachmann is simply a populist liar. She whips up false rage through horrendous fallacies she has constructed and, as a result, is harmful to the country.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2009, 10:16:59 PM »

They may be sleazy, but Bachmann is simply a populist liar. She whips up false rage through horrendous fallacies she has constructed and, as a result, is harmful to the country.

nah, I think she actually believes most of them.  check out the pic recently posted of her hiding from the gays.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2009, 10:20:23 PM »

worth a repost

hahaha

when we're talking about "hiding behind the bushes" are you assuming that we're talking about the dude standing behind the pole?  That would be a fairly weird conclusion.

Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2009, 10:40:31 PM »

Oh it surely was worth the repost. Wow.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2009, 03:02:15 AM »

Bachmann protested the showing of Aladdin at some charter school, saying that it promoted witchcraft and paganism. Seriously.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2009, 03:07:19 AM »

Bachmann protested the showing of Aladdin at some charter school, saying that it promoted witchcraft and paganism. Seriously.

I refuse to accept that the voters in her district are THIS nuts.
We are talking about Minnesota here, not Alabama or Oklahoma.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2009, 03:08:46 AM »

I think she may be an order of magnitude more insane than Dennis "I see UFOs" Kucinich.  Impressive.

The right, and by "right," I mean perfect, campaign should be able to defeat her in 2012.  I think most of the district is unaware of this insanity.  I think all they know of is that one McCarthyian comment about investigating her fellow members of Congress for anti-American activities.  A good campaign against her would be a blue dog that focused on her honestly serious psychological problems.  It's not like Murtha's district where proving he spends 90% of his time skirting the line of legality to deliver tens of millions of dollars to his constituents, this is just outright ridiculousness.  

Bachmann honestly helps Democrats more than Republicans.  But I'd still encourage a Democrat to run who wold vote 80%+ the same as her, but who doesn't subscribe to conspiracy theories.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2009, 06:03:15 AM »

[/b]

OMGZ ONE SINGLES  CONGRESSSWOMAN WILL KILLSS US ALLLLL!!!

<_<

Bachmann maybe not be bright ,but has the right views. She also was obivosuly attractive when she was younger. But that has no importance in this topic... or does it?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2009, 08:51:17 AM »

Fine; good luck finding anyone here who doesn't have a low opinion of Murtha because of his corruption. (Rangel hasn't come up as much, but his record is pretty clear, too.)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2009, 09:38:12 AM »

[/b]

OMGZ ONE SINGLES  CONGRESSSWOMAN WILL KILLSS US ALLLLL!!!

<_<

Bachmann maybe not be bright ,but has the right views. She also was obivosuly attractive when she was younger. But that has no importance in this topic... or does it?

Even now, Bachmann isn't bad looking at all for a woman of her age. A balding, overweight man - or a woman who looked like Barbara Mikulski - with Bachmann's views could probably never get elected to national office, if that's what you're getting at.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2009, 09:59:13 AM »

The difference, laddie, is that the latter two belong in jail.  The former belongs in an institution, on medication.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2009, 12:47:25 PM »

I think she may be an order of magnitude more insane than Dennis "I see UFOs" Kucinich.  Impressive.

The right, and by "right," I mean perfect, campaign should be able to defeat her in 2012.  I think most of the district is unaware of this insanity.  I think all they know of is that one McCarthyian comment about investigating her fellow members of Congress for anti-American activities.  A good campaign against her would be a blue dog that focused on her honestly serious psychological problems.  It's not like Murtha's district where proving he spends 90% of his time skirting the line of legality to deliver tens of millions of dollars to his constituents, this is just outright ridiculousness.  

Bachmann honestly helps Democrats more than Republicans.  But I'd still encourage a Democrat to run who wold vote 80%+ the same as her, but who doesn't subscribe to conspiracy theories.

Come on Lunar. Considering the Dems will undoubtedly controll the legislature and likely take the Governorship, Do you really think they will leave her in that district. She will probably end up in a Primary with Kline or Paulsen or end up in a heavilly Dem district in which case you can run a liberal and beat her. Her house career is on barrowed time and her chances of winning statewide are less then zero.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies