LA-Sen: Charlie Melancon (D) to Challenge David Vitter (R)? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:00:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  LA-Sen: Charlie Melancon (D) to Challenge David Vitter (R)? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA-Sen: Charlie Melancon (D) to Challenge David Vitter (R)?  (Read 11047 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 05, 2009, 12:19:16 PM »

I would be shocked if he ran.  He has a pretty safe House seat and I think he realizes that 2010 is probably not a good year to try for a very uphill battle at a Senate seat.  Look at Mary Landrieu's narrow 52%-46% win over a weak Democrat-turned Republican with the swelled black turnout that wont be there in 2010. 
But wouldn't that be more than cancelled out by the lack of McCain's coattails? That surely helped make the the Landrieu/Kennedy senate race as surprisingly close as it was. 

Regardless, I agree with the general concensus that the most likely outcome of Melancon running would be a GOP pickup in the House.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 08:05:33 AM »

I'm asking sincerely because my cousin recently relocated to Louisiana but lives in Slidell (wherever that is) and I'm meaning to make a road trip down there to visit her sometime, but not if they don't like "my kind" down there, and by my kind, I mean well, anything other than WASP conservative Republican straight men.

La. is one of the more socially conservative states and Obama being one of the most liberal candidates in recent history had no chance.

Since Kerry at least. Or Gore. Or even (according to Republicans in the 90's) Clinton.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies