FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:54:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23
Author Topic: FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY)  (Read 45108 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2009, 09:29:55 PM »

BK posted his vote, but it refused to appear in the voting booth.  Many people noticed that for several hours, it claimed he was the last poster in the voting booth, but his vote was not accessible unless you went through his most recent posts manually.

Both of Gustaf's votes were in the voting booth (given that they were posted a minute within each other) for the same period of time.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2009, 09:47:41 PM »

This is confusing; I had just assumed the first post didn't submit or something.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »

This is confusing; I had just assumed the first post didn't submit or something.

I would agree that this has so far proved to be a very inauspicious election.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2009, 10:00:29 PM »

I would agree that this has so far proved to be a very inauspicious election.

Election fraud!!! Let's protest like Iran is doing!! Haha, just picking.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2009, 10:04:56 PM »

I'm going to try to deal with this the best way I can.

I told Mr. Jackson that he could post another vote, and it would count based on the circumstances. Based on this, I will not disallow his second vote. I'm sure given this extraordinary circumstance, such a move would be deemed legal. As for Gustaf, I cannot in good faith count it. Both votes are slightly different in terms of how many preferences he gave, and while extremely unlikely, could theoretically affect the outcome of the election.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2009, 10:08:07 PM »

I told Mr. Jackson that he could post another vote, and it would count based on the circumstances. Based on this, I will not disallow his second vote. I'm sure given this extraordinary circumstance, such a move would be deemed legal. As for Gustaf, I cannot in good faith count it. Both votes are slightly different in terms of how many preferences he gave, and while extremely unlikely, could theoretically affect the outcome of the election.

I understand, I'm not saying you should or shouldn't. I just think you should hear what Gustaf has to say first before we count it or not count it.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2009, 10:22:39 PM »

I understand, I'm not saying you should or shouldn't. I just think you should hear what Gustaf has to say first before we count it or not count it.

I suppose. If his claims are consistent with what has been going on, then an inquiry could be held, however, he could easily make a fraudulent claim. I would give Gustaf the benefit of the doubt though, he doesn't seem to be a dishonest person.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2009, 10:33:20 PM »

I suppose. If his claims are consistent with what has been going on, then an inquiry could be held, however, he could easily make a fraudulent claim. I would give Gustaf the benefit of the doubt though, he doesn't seem to be a dishonest person.

That is all I ask, hear him out, then you can count it or not.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2009, 01:53:17 PM »

Hi all.

I am on a train trip around Europe and am currently in Budapest. I did not have much time writing  my vote being on an internet cafe with little time. After making my first post I got an error message saying I had got timed out. My post seemed gone so I hurriedly made a new one with the same content. I did not see my first post, but I was in a hurry so it could have been a mistake.

I recieved a PM sazing I should delete one of the posts in order to have it count so I deleted the second one which was more of a patch-work. I hope my vote will count since my intent was clear and the mistake was innocent and due to technical problems.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2009, 03:10:10 PM »

Well, that seems reasonable, I suppose. I suggest unless anyone has any objections, that I will allow Gustaf's vote to stand.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2009, 03:17:18 PM »

Someone has objected, so I will make a decision on this at some point. I'll need some time. Feel free to debate the issue here, I would like to hear people's opinions.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2009, 06:14:12 PM »

Well, that seems reasonable, I suppose. I suggest unless anyone has any objections, that I will allow Gustaf's vote to stand.

I'LL SUE!!!!

(just kidding)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2009, 06:17:55 PM »

What makes this even more difficult is it could effect the outcome of not one but two races.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2009, 06:32:15 PM »

I feel the vote should count.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2009, 10:05:17 PM »

Someone has objected, so I will make a decision on this at some point. I'll need some time. Feel free to debate the issue here, I would like to hear people's opinions.

This election is clearly full of "technical diffuculties" and Gustaf's vote has just as much of a right to count as anyone considering the alreay seen problems elsewhere.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2009, 10:12:59 PM »

The fact that we know of two other voters who's vote were deleted after they posted them, show that Gustaf is most likely telling the truth. I can't tell the SOFA what to do, but I know he will do what is right.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2009, 10:32:46 PM »

Oy, I feel no matter what my decision, someone will be unhappy. Those who are opposed to Gustaf's vote however, are noticeably absent from this discussion. I, understand though.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »

Oy, I feel no matter what my decision, someone will be unhappy. Those who are opposed to Gustaf's vote however, are noticeably absent from this discussion. I, understand though.

Shouldn't the Absentee vote  be ended and the regular election have been started by now?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #143 on: June 18, 2009, 10:42:26 PM »

I originally thought what Lewis said, that perhaps it fell within the 20 minutes rule, but if the 2nd vote was deleted after 20 minutes then that would probably be illegal...

What a confusing situation. I'd say there's a good chance it will at least affect the Midwest Senate race. Undecided
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #144 on: June 18, 2009, 10:46:04 PM »

Shouldn't the Absentee vote  be ended and the regular election have been started by now?

Cool your jets, it opens in 15 minutes.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2009, 10:49:21 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2009, 08:36:30 PM by North Carolina Yankee(RPP-NC) »

Sorry it's just that I high have* every intention of voting before I see the morning sunshine.

*For those of you who are not familiar with me the idea that I use drugs or even the mere suggestion I find very insulting.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2009, 10:50:31 PM »

Sorry it's just that I high every intention of voting before I see the morning sunshine.

Something tells me, I will have until 4:20 Wink
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2009, 12:32:32 AM »

For what it's worth, I support Gustaf's vote counting.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2009, 12:50:32 AM »

The June 2008 Presidential election had 43 votes.

Two hours after the opening of the general, June 2009 already has 49. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2009, 12:53:47 AM »

Sorry it's just that I high every intention of voting before I see the morning sunshine.

Something tells me, I will have until 4:20 Wink

I meant "have" of course. Its because I am tired staying up waiting for you. Wink By the way I take the insinuation that I use drugs as an insult.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies