FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:03:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23
Author Topic: FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY)  (Read 44849 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2009, 03:25:09 AM »

I hope someone in officaldom is looking into this case.
She has a total of 26 posts, almost all of which were on 3 June, the last of that day (and her 25th in total) was her first post in Atlasia, registering herself as a voter. She then doesn't re-appear until today and makes 1 post - her vote.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2009, 03:51:49 AM »

She has a total of 26 posts, almost all of which were on 3 June, the last of that day (and her 25th in total) was her first post in Atlasia, registering herself as a voter. She then doesn't re-appear until today and makes 1 post - her vote.

You're surprised? We have a serious infestation on our hands. Sad
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2009, 04:06:58 AM »

I'm aware of the large number of newbies we've had and I've no idea how legitimate or otherwise many of them are. This case, however, is the most remarkable I've seen.

I know that you've put forward an amendment to lift the posting requirements (which I favour), but I'm interested to know whether or not anyone is actually looking into these voters to ensure their legitimacy.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2009, 04:22:03 AM »

I'm aware of the large number of newbies we've had and I've no idea how legitimate or otherwise many of them are. This case, however, is the most remarkable I've seen.

I know that you've put forward an amendment to lift the posting requirements (which I favour), but I'm interested to know whether or not anyone is actually looking into these voters to ensure their legitimacy.

I've been wondering the same thing for days now but every time I mention it the mods never seem to say anything about it.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2009, 06:11:22 AM »

Italian boy's vote should be rendered invalid, there is commentary on it.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2009, 06:15:56 AM »

It's not active campaigning...I don't see how his commentary would make it invalid.

But that's for the SOFA to decide.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2009, 06:18:01 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Commentary, as I've understood, is never used as justification for getting upset. Loitering is, perhaps, but italian-boy's vote doesn't fit the definition of "strong attempts to compel others to vote or not vote for one or multiple candidates" which would render it invalid. "Explanations of one's vote or simple expressions" are not prohibited, so his vote is valid, as I see it.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2009, 06:19:55 AM »

It's not active campaigning...I don't see how his commentary would make it invalid.

It's basically saying don't vote for Phil because of his party. It's demeaning his party.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2009, 06:23:07 AM »

OMG, it's 28-27 now, so even, so exciting.

Italian boy's vote seems to be within the boundries of what is allowed, of course his vote should count. (but so should Gustaf's)  
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2009, 06:24:24 AM »

It's basically saying don't vote for Phil because of his party. It's demeaning his party.

I think it was clearly tongue-in-cheek, but as always, we'll see what Earl says Tongue
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2009, 07:11:26 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Commentary, as I've understood, is never used as justification for getting upset. Loitering is, perhaps, but italian-boy's vote doesn't fit the definition of "strong attempts to compel others to vote or not vote for one or multiple candidates" which would render it invalid. "Explanations of one's vote or simple expressions" are not prohibited, so his vote is valid, as I see it.

Indeed. I would suggest that the standing authority on campaigning in the voting booth, True Democrat v DoFA would also support a finding of validity. Per Mr Justice Emsworth: "an act does not constitute campaigning, unless it is clearly and obviously designed to persuade other voters". italian boy's vote seems to me quite clearly to be an explanation of his vote, not an effort at persuasion to others.

President
1) Lief/Bacon King

Northeast Senator
1) War-Raok, Strollad Breizh! [Hashemite]

Sorry Phil but I could never vote for Popolo della Libertà Wink
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2009, 08:06:01 AM »

There is some possibility that the Midwest Senate could end in a tie.  I don't know what the law is concerning tied elections, but it occurs to me that Gustaf's vote could be used as a sort of tiebreaker.  That is, if his vote breaks a tie, count it; if it creates a tie, discount it.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2009, 08:11:40 AM »

There is some possibility that the Midwest Senate could end in a tie.  I don't know what the law is concerning tied elections, but it occurs to me that Gustaf's vote could be used as a sort of tiebreaker.  That is, if his vote breaks a tie, count it; if it creates a tie, discount it.

A tie would lead to a run-off election next week.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2009, 08:30:08 AM »

That would make his vote even more controversial and almost guarantee a lawsuit.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2009, 11:18:05 AM »

hcallega vote doesn't count for the senate race, he is in the Northeast, not the Mideast.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2009, 11:18:30 AM »

hcallega vote doesn't count for the senate race, he is in the Northeast, not the Mideast.

Alright, thanks.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2009, 11:33:59 AM »

The constitution doesn't mention whether or not you have to re-register once you hit 25 posts, or whether you are allowed to register and then hit 25 posts later, and become a registered voter.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2009, 11:36:45 AM »

The constitution doesn't mention whether or not you have to re-register once you hit 25 posts, or whether you are allowed to register and then hit 25 posts later, and become a registered voter.

Sadly so.  The Intelligent Voting Amendment will thankfully change that.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2009, 11:55:14 AM »

I hope I'm not just being too nervous about the vote but elecotraljew2's vote still counts toward me since he's in the Midwest even though he said Mideast, correct? Tongue
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2009, 11:55:34 AM »

Mmm. Yeah, I can see how it can be read both ways; though I'd imagine there may be precedents where pre-25 post registration has been allowed, so long as a sufficient number of posts have been accumulated when voting. Not sure though.

At any rate, we now have another very similar case to that cited above. Again, almost all posts on a single day a couple of weeks ago. Again, fewer than 30 posts total.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2009, 11:58:54 AM »

I hope I'm not just being too nervous about the vote but elecotraljew2's vote still counts toward me since he's in the Midwest even though he said Mideast, correct? Tongue

That won't be a problem. What may be a problem is whether he was a registered voter for long enough before the election. That I'm not sure of.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2009, 12:00:39 PM »

That won't be a problem. What may be a problem is whether he was a registered voter for long enough before the election. That I'm not sure of.

Yay! Tongue And I remember he got in on June 11 so he's safe.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2009, 12:25:05 PM »

Yay! Tongue And I remember he got in on June 11 so he's safe.

Actually, having looked into it, I'd suggest his vote is invalid.
I'm now of the opinion that his registration was very probably 11 hours late to make this election.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2009, 12:35:20 PM »

I don't think italin-boy's vote is valid. He only obtained 14 posts in the eight weeks prior to the booth's opening if I am counting right.

Also, the voting booth says that you need to register before or on June 11th. electoraljew2 registered on June 11th, according to Earl's official registry, so I believe that he is elgiible to vote.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2009, 02:59:18 PM »

He has 15 posts exactly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies