FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:10:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23
Author Topic: FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY)  (Read 45053 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2009, 12:34:29 AM »

It's all based on a formula I'm using.

The percentages look odd.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #201 on: June 20, 2009, 03:30:46 AM »

Nevada will switch in a few minutes.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #202 on: June 20, 2009, 07:38:14 AM »

Yup.

Nevada has been called for Senator Lief.

bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #203 on: June 20, 2009, 01:20:23 PM »

Kyle just invalidated his vote by voting in both booths...

President

[ X ] Senator PiT [PiT (The Physicist)]/Senator HappyWarrior [hannibal]
Regional Protection Party/Democratic Alliance

Mideast Senator

[ 1 ] KyleGordon2016
[ 2 ] Persepolis

Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #204 on: June 20, 2009, 02:11:46 PM »

President

Mideast Senator

[ 1 ] KyleGordon2016
[ 2 ] Persepolis

I noticed.

New map...

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #205 on: June 20, 2009, 02:18:57 PM »

SO CLOSE
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2009, 02:38:31 PM »

President

Mideast Senator

[ 1 ] KyleGordon2016
[ 2 ] Persepolis

Perhaps he has a reason. Gustaf also voted twice, but his vote will still count.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #207 on: June 20, 2009, 02:49:19 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2009, 03:00:38 PM by North Carolina Yankee(RPP-NC) »

President

Mideast Senator

[ 1 ] KyleGordon2016
[ 2 ] Persepolis

Perhaps he has a reason. Gustaf also voted twice, but his vote will still count.

The only reason Gustaf has a "potential" reason is the vote perhaps disappearing. Kyle's vote did not disappear. That damn kid!!!! Angry
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #208 on: June 20, 2009, 03:32:08 PM »

President

Mideast Senator

[ 1 ] KyleGordon2016
[ 2 ] Persepolis

News to me.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #209 on: June 20, 2009, 03:54:16 PM »

President

Mideast Senator

[ 1 ] KyleGordon2016
[ 2 ] Persepolis

News to me.

Earl hasn't said if he will count Gustaf's vote or not.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #210 on: June 20, 2009, 06:26:56 PM »

I think it's obvious from my maps as to whether or not I will count Gustaf's vote. I was hoping someone would catch that Sad
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2009, 06:36:01 PM »

I think it's obvious from my maps as to whether or not I will count Gustaf's vote. I was hoping someone would catch that Sad
So, it won't be counted?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2009, 06:38:55 PM »

So, it won't be counted?

Alas, no.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #213 on: June 20, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »

So, it won't be counted?

Alas, no.

I spoke to my mother & it is her expert legal opinion that it should be counted, but eh.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #214 on: June 20, 2009, 08:18:49 PM »

So, it won't be counted?

Alas, no.

I spoke to my mother & it is her expert legal opinion that it should be counted, but eh.

Shucks.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #215 on: June 20, 2009, 08:22:45 PM »

So, it won't be counted?

Alas, no.

Shucks.

Her reasoning was that if Gustaf's story is correct, he could claim mistake of fact as a defense for having voted twice. Considering his reputation as an honest person, & that the observed facts are not inconsistent with his account of events, he should be given the benefit of the doubt that he made a legitimate error based on the information that he received suggesting that his first post did not go through.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #216 on: June 20, 2009, 08:24:50 PM »

Each of the other instances had witness accounts or evidence that there were technical errors (such as the vote appearing on the profile posts but not in the actual thread) but there were no such documented evidence or witness accounts for Gustaf. We're essentially taking his word for it, and in the close nature of this election, that would be unwise.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: June 20, 2009, 08:35:39 PM »

Each of the other instances had witness accounts or evidence that there were technical errors (such as the vote appearing on the profile posts but not in the actual thread) but there were no such documented evidence or witness accounts for Gustaf. We're essentially taking his word for it, and in the close nature of this election, that would be unwise.

You are only saying that because he voted for PiT and not Leif. I believe Gustaf vote should count, because we know that the thread has been messing up and who are we to say Gustaf is lying. But hey if you guys want to win the dirty way go ahead.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #218 on: June 20, 2009, 08:37:13 PM »

But do you have any legitimate reason to doubt the veracity of his account? There is no reason to suspect that he would be dishonest (either by the circumstances of his actions or by his past conduct) & I know of no inconsistencies between his account & what was readily observable.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2009, 08:40:07 PM »

But do you have any legitimate reason to doubt the veracity of his account? There is no reason to suspect that he would be dishonest (either by the circumstances of his actions or by his past conduct) & I know of no inconsistencies between his account & what was readily observable.

Don't waste you time, they want to win the dirty way, it seems like some really don't care how they win.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2009, 09:19:55 PM »

So, it won't be counted?

Alas, no.

Shucks.

Her reasoning was that if Gustaf's story is correct, he could claim mistake of fact as a defense for having voted twice. Considering his reputation as an honest person, & that the observed facts are not inconsistent with his account of events, he should be given the benefit of the doubt that he made a legitimate error based on the information that he received suggesting that his first post did not go through.
You make an excellent point, Senator PiT. While I originall opposed Gustaf's vote counting, and messaged EarlAW about it, I think you are correct. The fact that the 2 posts were back to back shows something. It's not like he voted twice on purpose. Therefore, I rescind my request for his vote not to count, and ask EarlAW to count Gustaf's vote.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2009, 10:39:59 PM »

So, it won't be counted?

Alas, no.

Shucks.

Wait, you actually asked your mother?

Listen, I don't want to play the bad guy here, and I wouldn't be offended if you all take this to court. It's best to get some precedent on this issue.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »

So, it won't be counted?

Alas, no.

Shucks.

Listen, I don't want to play the bad guy here, and I wouldn't be offended if you all take this to court. It's best to get some precedent on this issue.

She's been a lawyer for many years & was a judge at one point (left the bench when I was born). It's not like I asked some random person walking down the street.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #223 on: June 20, 2009, 11:15:58 PM »

So, it won't be counted?

Alas, no.

Shucks.

She's been a lawyer for many years & was a judge at one point (left the bench when I was born). It's not like I asked some random person walking down the street.

I find it odd that someone would consult their mother about legal matters on Atlasia. But, that's just me. Even if your mother was Beverley McLachlin...
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2009, 11:19:31 PM »

This could be the most interesting election controversy since Florida in 2000.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies