FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:35:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY)  (Read 45171 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: June 05, 2009, 03:01:43 AM »

Best of luck to all of my opponents. (Though of course, I'm totally the best Wink)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 05:22:19 AM »

Okay, I'm confused- why is Gustaf on the ballot, and Keystone Phil and GPorter are not?

Phil missed the deadline by just a couple of hours, and Gustaf didn't drop out soon enough. The latter is silly procedure, I know.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 04:42:56 PM »

The result thus far is no surprise to me, although a few individuals were sort of disappointing.

It looks like one of your votes are invalid, as well. (Specifically: Mint's)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 04:45:32 PM »

The result thus far is no surprise to me, although a few individuals were sort of disappointing.

Thanks for piling it on! Wink

I'm just following rules! Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 04:47:09 PM »

what is wrong with mint's?

Voting booth rules state to be an eligible voter you have to registered on or before the 26th. Mint registered on the 28th.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 04:52:56 PM »

what is wrong with mint's?

Voting booth rules state to be an eligible voter you have to registered on or before the 26th. Mint registered on the 28th.

That's odd. Atlasian law states that you need only have registered at least a week before the scheduled opening of the voting booth. That would allow Mint to vote.

I was under the impression it was 10 days.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 05:13:18 PM »

I can't believe no one bothered to wiki that, no wonder there's been such confusion over the restrictions on voting. Huh
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 05:50:42 PM »

Marokai is leading 31-16 in a two-candidate race against Duke.

It's virtually impossible for him to lose anymore with the number of votes that have already been cast.

No! You've jinxed me! Sad
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 06:00:26 PM »

Everyone, there's plenty of time left, and I most definitely am not declaring any sort of victory until the polls are closed!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 09:36:35 AM »

As it appears I've been smashingly elected, I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me, and put their misgivings about my attitude aside Wink

I will work hard to bring more debate to each and every bill I can in the Senate, and represent the first solid liberal alternative we've had since the great former-Senate Lief sadly lost re-election. I look forward to joining my future colleagues as soon as the results have been formally declared, and I wish my successor well.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 04:12:26 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2009, 04:17:25 PM by Senator Marokai Blue »

Well, voting twice is against the law.

It is, but I think we should PM him and ask why he voted twice.

Does it matter? He still voted twice.

Edit: I mean, yeah, I guess finding out why he did it would be nice, but is vote is still invalid regardless, the law being the law.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 04:31:23 PM »

Well, voting twice is against the law.

It is, but I think we should PM him and ask why he voted twice.

Does it matter? He still voted twice.

Edit: I mean, yeah, I guess finding out why he did it would be nice, but is vote is still invalid regardless, the law being the law.

What if Dan is right and his vote disappeared and so re voted. Then his first one appeared again. I think you should give him the benefit of doubt on this. If its the same thing that happened to Bacon King and Andy, since they are allowed to revote, what happens if there votes reappear. Strange things are happening in this voting booth.

I think there's no way to prove that and he voted less than a minute apart. Myself and others noticed this pretty much as soon as he voted so we would be taking a huge leap of faith to assume that. We'd basically only have his word, as opposed to witness accounts of the others.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 03:51:49 AM »

I hope someone in officaldom is looking into this case.
She has a total of 26 posts, almost all of which were on 3 June, the last of that day (and her 25th in total) was her first post in Atlasia, registering herself as a voter. She then doesn't re-appear until today and makes 1 post - her vote.

You're surprised? We have a serious infestation on our hands. Sad
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 04:22:03 AM »

I hope someone in officaldom is looking into this case.
She has a total of 26 posts, almost all of which were on 3 June, the last of that day (and her 25th in total) was her first post in Atlasia, registering herself as a voter. She then doesn't re-appear until today and makes 1 post - her vote.

You're surprised? We have a serious infestation on our hands. Sad

I'm aware of the large number of newbies we've had and I've no idea how legitimate or otherwise many of them are. This case, however, is the most remarkable I've seen.

I know that you've put forward an amendment to lift the posting requirements (which I favour), but I'm interested to know whether or not anyone is actually looking into these voters to ensure their legitimacy.

I've been wondering the same thing for days now but every time I mention it the mods never seem to say anything about it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 06:18:01 AM »

Italian boy's vote should be rendered invalid, there is commentary on it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Commentary, as I've understood, is never used as justification for getting upset. Loitering is, perhaps, but italian-boy's vote doesn't fit the definition of "strong attempts to compel others to vote or not vote for one or multiple candidates" which would render it invalid. "Explanations of one's vote or simple expressions" are not prohibited, so his vote is valid, as I see it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 06:24:24 AM »

Italian boy's vote should be rendered invalid, there is commentary on it.

It's not active campaigning...I don't see how his commentary would make it invalid.

But that's for the SOFA to decide.

It's basically saying don't vote for Phil because of his party. It's demeaning his party.

I think it was clearly tongue-in-cheek, but as always, we'll see what Earl says Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 08:18:09 PM »

It seems like I have fallen victim to the vote-eating booth. My vote for Lief & Max disappeared from the Absentee booth. You can still see it if you view my posts from my profile:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=2249;sa=showPosts;start=105
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 08:22:12 PM »

I'm impatient Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 09:11:13 PM »

Marokai, you will be permitted to vote again.

Much appreciated
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 03:32:08 PM »

Kyle just invalidated his vote by voting in both booths...

President

[ X ] Senator PiT [PiT (The Physicist)]/Senator HappyWarrior [hannibal]
Regional Protection Party/Democratic Alliance

Mideast Senator

[ 1 ] KyleGordon2016
[ 2 ] Persepolis

Perhaps he has a reason. Gustaf also voted twice, but his vote will still count.

News to me.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 08:24:50 PM »

Each of the other instances had witness accounts or evidence that there were technical errors (such as the vote appearing on the profile posts but not in the actual thread) but there were no such documented evidence or witness accounts for Gustaf. We're essentially taking his word for it, and in the close nature of this election, that would be unwise.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 09:04:22 PM »

But no one told that to Barnes after he registered. I mean, why would he be looking in the "New Register" thread? It wasn't mentioned till just a few days ago, so he wouldn't of had time to be able to register and vote. It was our mistake for not telling him.

Maybe. But ignorance of the law, if this is what we presume the law to be, is no excuse I'm afraid.

That I agree with. Ignorance of the law does not make up for not abiding by the law. That said, I have doubts as to whether this, in fact, deviated from the law to the extent that Barnes's vote would be discounted. I usually prefer to see as few votes invalidated as possible and so side with a broader interpretation of the law, but it is up to the SoFA and the courts to decide this one.

I agree. Which is why I'll be taking it to the court. I don;t know if there are any other votes that may be affected in this race

Your lawsuit will have my full support, and if you don't take it to court, I will. Wink People can't just hop in and say they want to vote and expect us to count your posts. The law is quite clear that you register AFTER you get the required amount of posts.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 09:44:33 PM »

But no one told that to Barnes after he registered. I mean, why would he be looking in the "New Register" thread? It wasn't mentioned till just a few days ago, so he wouldn't of had time to be able to register and vote. It was our mistake for not telling him.

Maybe. But ignorance of the law, if this is what we presume the law to be, is no excuse I'm afraid.

That I agree with. Ignorance of the law does not make up for not abiding by the law. That said, I have doubts as to whether this, in fact, deviated from the law to the extent that Barnes's vote would be discounted. I usually prefer to see as few votes invalidated as possible and so side with a broader interpretation of the law, but it is up to the SoFA and the courts to decide this one.

I agree. Which is why I'll be taking it to the court. I don;t know if there are any other votes that may be affected in this race

Your lawsuit will have my full support, and if you don't take it to court, I will. Wink People can't just hop in and say they want to vote and expect us to count your posts. The law is quite clear that you register AFTER you get the required amount of posts.

It's not clear, that's the problem.

It's clear if you take the time to actually read the books, as Afleitch posted, it's not clear only because of the clouding of the facts made by those who want to register as much of The 25's as possible and because of not needing to really be this strict in the past.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 09:51:06 PM »

It's clear if you take the time to actually read the books, as Afleitch posted, it's not clear only because of the clouding of the facts made by those who want to register as much of The 25's as possible and because of not needing to really be this strict in the past.

Let's not spin this 'till its head flies off. The actual law is unclear. Outside sources, such as comments in the New Register Thread and the SoFA Law Wiki, can be added and edited by anyone, whether they have a full understanding of the actual statute or not.

Based on the text that is codified as law, the matter is unclear and relies on whether you take a strict or broad interpretation of the law.

Could you please explain to me how registering to vote before you have the eligibility requirements being okay makes sense?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 09:56:33 PM »

Let's not spin this 'till its head flies off. The actual law is unclear. Outside sources, such as comments in the New Register Thread and the SoFA Law Wiki, can be added and edited by anyone, whether they have a full understanding of the actual statute or not.

Based on the text that is codified as law, the matter is unclear and relies on whether you take a strict or broad interpretation of the law.

Could you please explain to me how registering to vote before you have the eligibility requirements being okay makes sense?

We do it in the US...

As mentioned earlier, if your 18th birthday is before election day, you can "register" to vote before your birthday, but are not eligible to vote until you actually turn 18. So too here, you should be allowed to register, but only be allowed to vote when you hit 25 posts + 7 days.

A 25 post requirement is different than aging. We may as well just abolish voter registration altogether and let anyone vote who has 25 posts. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies