FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:37:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY)  (Read 45192 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 05, 2009, 11:10:04 AM »

Why do I get the feeling that the DA violently beat us to death with shovels? Tongue

The JCP did that. We just helped out. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 12:29:41 PM »

Wow, turnout is very strong. It hasn't even been 12 hours and already 33 votes.

Makes you wonder what the Pres. election will be like.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 04:46:11 PM »

I think the greater surprise is the utter lack of party discipline on all sides. Between that and the turnout, should make for an interesting June elections.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 12:40:30 AM »

Turnout after two days of voting is now 91% of total turnout in the April elections. It's slowed considerably, but I think we're still on track to beat April's General Election numbers. Smiley

We could hit 70+ later this month. Granted much of the votes are coming from very new members, but nothing wrong with active newbies.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 09:18:07 PM »

I'm happy to see the Mideast does not wish to impose its own actions on other regions.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 07:34:25 PM »

I'm happy to see the Mideast does not wish to impose its own actions on other regions.

Will you therefore be abstaining on all Senate votes that would impose actions on other regions?
Do you support regional independence?

I generally prefer to defer matters to the regions, as I believe we discussed during my campaign. I do believe that, in certain instances of "public good," the federal government needs to step in and compel the regions to act. However, I do not believe the death penalty is such an instance because I do not morally oppose capital punishment. I think for financial reasons it is a sensible thing to do, but I will leave that up to the regions themselves.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 07:37:44 AM »

The voting booth instructions say you have to be registered on or before June 11.

That makes JewishConservative's vote invalid.....same is true for Barnes, I just noticed.

Is that based in 7 days or ten days? And why is Gporter invalid?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 07:12:55 PM »

If you do it this way the Mideast senate election results are way different.

Number Key:

1= 3 points
2= 2 points
3= 1 Point

Dan: 1,1,1=              9 = 50.00%
KyleGordon: 1,2,2=  7 = 38.89%
Persepolis: 2=          2 = 11.11

Total: 18 100%   

Other way

Dan: 3= 75.00%
Kyle Gordon: 1= 25.00%
Persepolis: 0=  00.00%

The first way would equate 3 second preferences with 2 first preferences. That would radically change the system.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 07:53:20 AM »

Senator Lief has been declared the winner in 7 states, while Senator PiT has yet to win any, but he leads in 8 states. Senator Lief leads in an additional 7 states.

For the record, Senator Lief has been declared the winner of Connecticut, Ohio, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Arizona and Oregon

If only such things mattered. Tongue  I assume states that have been won have had all voters in the state vote already?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 08:30:08 AM »

There is some possibility that the Midwest Senate could end in a tie.  I don't know what the law is concerning tied elections, but it occurs to me that Gustaf's vote could be used as a sort of tiebreaker.  That is, if his vote breaks a tie, count it; if it creates a tie, discount it.

That would make his vote even more controversial and almost guarantee a lawsuit.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 05:02:56 PM »

Pennsylvania is too close to call, while we have no precincts reporting yet in DC, Michigan, Arkansas, Wyoming or Nevada.

Always Pennsylvania isn't it?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 06:27:21 PM »

Look at the turnout. Damn!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 01:07:34 PM »

You also listed PiT twice in your account of who voted for PiT/HW, although I'm not sure if that changes the count or if you meant someone else.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 03:36:12 PM »

Cards on the table here. What votes are likely to be challenged?

Is all of the above an option? Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 04:07:43 PM »

I didn't know the 25 post requirement at the time, right after posting that I was informed I needed two more posts, within the next few minutes I achieved those posts, and when I voted I had many more than needed. I was also onformed by Hashemite via PM that I could vote. So I certainly think my vote should stand.

Barnes vote is out as it seems he registered to vote after only 23 posts, two short (unless any have been deleted)

I'd personally say that the 25 post requirement is necessary to vote....rather than register to vote.

In the same manner, 17 year olds can register to vote before their birthday as long as they'll be of age by Election Day.

However, I would say that you need to reach 25 by the 7 days before the election in order to be eligible to vote.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 04:16:10 PM »

I didn't know the 25 post requirement at the time, right after posting that I was informed I needed two more posts, within the next few minutes I achieved those posts, and when I voted I had many more than needed. I was also onformed by Hashemite via PM that I could vote. So I certainly think my vote should stand.

Barnes vote is out as it seems he registered to vote after only 23 posts, two short (unless any have been deleted)

I'd personally say that the 25 post requirement is necessary to vote....rather than register to vote.

In the same manner, 17 year olds can register to vote before their birthday as long as they'll be of age by Election Day.

However, I would say that you need to reach 25 by the 7 days before the election in order to be eligible to vote.

Which Barnes did. He achieved his 25th post at 10:45 PM on June 11th.

True, his vote should count then so long as he voted properly.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 05:42:25 PM »

I would contest that under the 6th Amendment

A person may become a registered voter if he has attained twenty-five posts at the forum. In registration, the person must state his name and State of fantasy residence; in addition, he may optionally state a political affiliation.

He registered to vote before he reached his 25th post. His registration was and is invalid as is his vote. For example - you cannot register in your first post on the Forum and then it becomes valid 24 posts later.

I would argue that he became officially registered when every piece of the puzzle fit, which would include his 25th post. At that moment he would have been registered, starting the 7 day counter before he could vote.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 07:12:18 PM »

May I also point out that Forum Affairs Law is specific on how it is to be interpreted;

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Forum_Affairs_Law#Voter_rolls

"The Secretary of Forum Affairs is required to keep an up-to-date list of each registered voter. To be a registered voter, a citizen must attain twenty-five posts and then post three pieces of information within the registration thread"

Hmmm, that could very well change my opinion on this matter. How much legal standing does this primer have? It seems to be a publicly edited piece, but it could be important in interpreting law.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 07:36:20 PM »

But no one told that to Barnes after he registered. I mean, why would he be looking in the "New Register" thread? It wasn't mentioned till just a few days ago, so he wouldn't of had time to be able to register and vote. It was our mistake for not telling him.

Maybe. But ignorance of the law, if this is what we presume the law to be, is no excuse I'm afraid.

That I agree with. Ignorance of the law does not make up for not abiding by the law. That said, I have doubts as to whether this, in fact, deviated from the law to the extent that Barnes's vote would be discounted. I usually prefer to see as few votes invalidated as possible and so side with a broader interpretation of the law, but it is up to the SoFA and the courts to decide this one.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 08:31:58 PM »

fwiw, I fully intend on counting Barnes' vote.

The final certification will likely determine if lawsuits are brought. If the challenges would not change the outcome, I doubt a case will be brought (although we still will need to clarify what the true law is here).
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 09:49:27 PM »

It's clear if you take the time to actually read the books, as Afleitch posted, it's not clear only because of the clouding of the facts made by those who want to register as much of The 25's as possible and because of not needing to really be this strict in the past.

Let's not spin this 'till its head flies off. The actual law is unclear. Outside sources, such as comments in the New Register Thread and the SoFA Law Wiki, can be added and edited by anyone, whether they have a full understanding of the actual statute or not.

Based on the text that is codified as law, the matter is unclear and relies on whether you take a strict or broad interpretation of the law.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 09:54:22 PM »

It's clear if you take the time to actually read the books, as Afleitch posted, it's not clear only because of the clouding of the facts made by those who want to register as much of The 25's as possible and because of not needing to really be this strict in the past.

Let's not spin this 'till its head flies off. The actual law is unclear. Outside sources, such as comments in the New Register Thread and the SoFA Law Wiki, can be added and edited by anyone, whether they have a full understanding of the actual statute or not.

Based on the text that is codified as law, the matter is unclear and relies on whether you take a strict or broad interpretation of the law.

Could you please explain to me how registering to vote before you have the eligibility requirements being okay makes sense?

We do it in the US...

As mentioned earlier, if your 18th birthday is before election day, you can "register" to vote before your birthday, but are not eligible to vote until you actually turn 18. So too here, you should be allowed to register, but only be allowed to vote when you hit 25 posts + 7 days.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 09:59:24 PM »

Could you please explain to me how registering to vote before you have the eligibility requirements being okay makes sense?

We do it in the US...

As mentioned earlier, if your 18th birthday is before election day, you can "register" to vote before your birthday, but are not eligible to vote until you actually turn 18. So too here, you should be allowed to register, but only be allowed to vote when you hit 25 posts + 7 days.

A 25 post requirement is different than aging. We may as well just abolish voter registration altogether and let anyone vote who has 25 posts. Roll Eyes

Of course it does. The point of the requirement is to make sure someone has been oriented a sufficient amount to the forum. That's why I am hoping we can increase the numbers. I don't believe 25 posts is sufficient.

And your last point there doesn't make sense and you know it, otherwise the US wouldn't require voter registration. Anyone who turned 18 could just walk into a voting booth...
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 11:00:03 PM »

And it's over.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 11:07:22 PM »

I'm looking forward to Earl's certification. Seeing who had invalid votes will be painstaking.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies