Can you feel the love tonight?? (Warning: Attn Whoring)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:14:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Can you feel the love tonight?? (Warning: Attn Whoring)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Can you feel the love tonight?? (Warning: Attn Whoring)  (Read 16396 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 05, 2009, 11:15:26 PM »
« edited: June 08, 2009, 02:17:09 AM by Made in the USA »

For those of you who have looked at my facebook status in the last 15 minutes, I have an interesting development that is trying to brew!!

My ex-fiancee' apparently has been trying to get me hooked up with a girl.  This afternoon at work, she e-mailed me and asked me if I wanted come over to her house tonight to watch a movie.  She informed me about this girl from my hometown, a single mom of a 4-year-old boy.  The girl is a little older than myself around either 29 or 30 years old.  I'm 27 years old.  She is a good Christian woman from what I was told and a regular church-goer.  Both qualities are number 1 and number 2 on my list of standards.  I didn't meet the girl tonight, but I hope to in the near future.  I'm going to eat dinner with my ex and her soon-to-be hubby pretty often so I can meet and get to know her.  My ex, with my permission, is going to tell this lady about me so we'll both have an idea of what we'll be looking at.  I'm going to take things very slowly and let God lead the two of us where He wants.  The first thing I did when I got in the car to go home from work this afternoon was pray and give this entire thing to God before I even start.  He can handle it so much better than I can.  The things I need to learn how to do is improve my outward appearance, build my self-confidence, and learn how to sweep her off her feet daily.  I'm going to be constantly in God's Word and in prayer with Him as well as in contact with her, my ex and her husband, and my other best friend from high school who doesn't know anything about the situation but who knows me extremely well.

For those of you in relationships, (like jmfcst, JSojourner, Torie, dead0man, and others) please give me your thoughts.  Of course, none of you have ever met me in person and only know me through this Forum and Facebook, so this will be taken with a grain of salt.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 12:01:17 AM »

You need to stop putting Christ first in your life. He should be fifth or sixth at best.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 12:03:33 AM »

http://www.beerdude.com/howto_brew_first_mead.shtml

That's how you brew an interesting development, at least that's what I thought of when I saw the thread title
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 12:07:22 AM »

You guys can't just be kind to him about this? Really? You have to mock him?  Roll Eyes

Good luck, my friend.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 12:48:08 AM »

I find dating advice over internet is not always, ah, the best.  I'm equal-opportunity though, I tease everyone who talks about dating here Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 12:56:04 AM »

If she's the right one, it'll come naturally.  You don't to follow other's footsteps.

However, I've always found it's important to be fearless in your pursuit.  Don't be afraid to say what's on your mind.  That's how I got my "the one that got away."

I'm very happy in my current relationship, though. Smiley
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 12:58:40 AM »

You guys can't just be kind to him about this? Really? You have to mock him?  Roll Eyes

Good luck, my friend.

When I mock, I mock with love. Feel it. Feel the love.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 04:51:50 AM »

If she's the right one, it'll come naturally.
This.

Take a shower (duh), put on a little cologne (A LITTLE!!11  don't put on too much.  I like to spray it in the air in front of me and kind of run through it...the two or three times a year I put it on.  I've got a bottle of Drakar Noir from like 1988.) and a nice shirt.  Pay for EVERYTHING even if you can't aford it.  Tell her hair looks nice, it doesn't matter if it does or not.  Don't stare at her boobs.  If it's to be, it will be.  Good luck.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 03:37:08 PM »

I am feeling really good about this.  I hope to be able to meet her sometime this week.  Its either this week or wait until July, since I will be on vacation in a week for a week and my ex will be getting married the last weekend of June and will be gone for a week and a half up almost to the Fourth of July.  My ex seems pretty confident about this whole thing, too.  Since she knows both of us, I can trust her confidence and her judgement.  I know that if we do end up tying the knot somewhere down the road, I will save any kind of intimacy until after we're married.  From what I heard, I would be the one to have to take the intiative to slow things down.  This lady has a tendency to rush things along.  We will just have to wait on the Lord's timing.  I definitely wouldn't want to go too fast, but I also don't want to go too slow, either.  It will be a welcome challenge finding the right speed.  As intermoderate said, if she's the right one, it will happen naturally.  That's the nice thing about it.  God will take care of the timing, we just have to be diligent to listen to His direction and to each other's feelings and thoughts.  In case any of you are wondering what her name is, its Tiffany.  I guess that means I can have "Breakfast at Tiffany's", no?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 03:45:29 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2009, 04:05:06 PM by Joke Repuberty »

Dude, seriously, do not talk about marriage before you've even met or talked to her.  That kind of thing is seriously creepy.

Although sometimes it seems Christians operate on a different plane of reality, so whatever works for you.  Good luck.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 03:46:37 PM »

Probably shouldn't even think about it...it's more of a 40th date sort of thing...
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 04:00:01 PM »

Good luck.

Hope she matches up to what you've heard.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 05:48:43 PM »

do you even know what this woman looks like?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 05:53:29 PM »

Good luck.

My only advice is be yourself. Women can tell when you're being fake from a mile away, and even if you do manage to pull it off, she'll find out eventually. You want a woman to be attracted to you for you. At the same time though, be self-confident; women love that. Make no apologies for who you are or what you believe in or are interested in.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 07:53:48 PM »

I just received the green light from my parents to "proceed with caution".  I wasn't looking for their blessing per se since I am 27, but its always nice to have.

Like I said, I've never met her, but I have another friend besides my ex who knows her and I trust both of their judgements.

Don't worry, Joe, I'm going to take things very slowly and really am not thinking that far ahead.  Although, I will throw in a disclaimer and say that with my age, I normally try to not enter relationships if there is no conceivable possibility of going that far.  I don't know if there will be anything to this or not, and I am definitely not planning any details or anything like that.  I just want to meet her and go from there.  I'm thinking no farther than a potential first date by ourselves without the company of this other couple.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 08:07:19 PM »

Good luck.

(And really, you should know better than to post all that.  You're just begging to be teased.)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 08:24:43 PM »

Good luck.

(And really, you should know better than to post all that.  You're just begging to be teased.)

That's why I haven't come down hard on anyone...  Hey, I know I'll get the treatment for what I post. Smiley  Who knows, I might even laugh with them!  I have no problem with self-deprication.

For the issue of her husband, apparently he is a military man but she has nothing to do with him anymore.  She doesn't even bring him up to my ex.

I am going over to my ex's house this Tuesday for dinner and a movie, so we'll see what happens.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 08:33:16 PM »

Just be yourself and don't try too hard, because if she falls for someone who's not you, it's not worth it. Smiley
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 08:40:45 PM »

I am going over to my ex's house this Tuesday for dinner and a movie, so we'll see what happens.

It sounds like your ex is the one you really want.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 08:49:31 PM »

Good luck.

That's why I haven't come down hard on anyone...  Hey, I know I'll get the treatment for what I post. Smiley  Who knows, I might even laugh with them!  I have no problem with self-deprication.

Fair enough.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, as long as he isn't in prison with boys on the outside.  You don't want any baby-daddy drama.Quick, name the movie.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Good luck.  And, like the others have said, your best bet is being yourself.  Be as naturally humorous and confident as you can, but don't force it.  Women are conditioned from an early age to recognize what's fake and what isn't. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 09:22:43 PM »

It sounds like your ex is the one you really want.

At one time, that would have been true.  I'm just going over to her house because thats where the meet-up with Tiffany will take place, whenever it takes place.  My ex, Somer, has her own love and he's a very good man and will take care of her.

I really do thank you all for your kind words.  It really means so much to me that while we may bicker about politics, we know what's most important and we can agree on that.

After a lot of prayer and inward soul searching, I am completely at peace right now and am anxious to meet her.  It will be like a child unwrapping his favorite toy on Christmas morning.  That's how much I'm looking forward to it.  Of course, love is more important than a Red-Ryder BB Gun, but the idea is the same.

My ex sternly warned me tonight that if things do work out in that direction, we'd better wait for anything until after the wedding or she will kick my derrier.

Like I said, though, I'm not even planning for anything beyond our first meet-up, maybe our first date.  One day, One step, at a time.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 09:30:06 PM »

My ex sternly warned me tonight that if things do work out in that direction, we'd better wait for anything until after the wedding or she will kick my derrier.

Hey, watch your language, mister.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 10:20:41 PM »

She actually used the actual three-letter donkey, @$$, I just modified it.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 10:45:26 PM »

For the record, it's derrière (with an accent grave for all you Frenchie-types).
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 10:47:33 PM »

She actually used the actual three-letter donkey, @$$, I just modified it.

and she calls herself a christian?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies