Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 12:55:20 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderator: muon2)
| | |-+  Dave's Redistricting App
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 Print
Author Topic: Dave's Redistricting App  (Read 133181 times)
bloombergforpresident
obama12

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 18, 2011, 06:46:48 pm »
Ignore

I'm having problems saving. Could anyone give me steps on how to do this.

Mitt Romney is whatever you want him to be, sugar. 150 roses for a half-hour, 300 for a full hour. In-calls only.
Senator bore
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 11, 2011, 09:49:56 am »
Ignore

Newbie question here, does anyone know how to remove a precinct from a district? Thanks in advance.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 11, 2011, 11:17:32 am »
Ignore

Newbie question here, does anyone know how to remove a precinct from a district? Thanks in advance.

In the list of districts, the first option is to unassign precincts. Click on that, and then color the precincts you want removed the same way you color them to add them to a district.

Seriously, it was time to change back to the real avatar.
Senator bore
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 11, 2011, 12:20:18 pm »
Ignore

In the list of districts, the first option is to unassign precincts. Click on that, and then color the precincts you want removed the same way you color them to add them to a district.

Thanks a lot
whaeffner1

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 19, 2011, 09:07:45 pm »
Ignore

I would like to see the next version of the App have voter registration totals, at least for voting precincts.  I know that the data is out there, if he could just compile it together, it would make the redistricting process even better.
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 27, 2011, 09:53:54 am »
Ignore

Partisan data for Colorado has been added.

Edit: Looks off, though. Might be Kerry/Bush numbers, but the totals don't line up with the Atlas numbers.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 10:21:29 am by JohnnyLongtorso »Logged
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 27, 2011, 10:44:34 am »
Ignore

It's the average of all statewide races in 2010 though I have no clue how the gubernatorial one was handled, maybe Tancredo + Maes was added for the Rep figures?

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 27, 2011, 10:50:42 am »
Ignore

Ah. That's kind of useless.
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 28, 2011, 01:28:20 am »
Ignore

Bennet vs. Buck is probably a better measure of the state's partisanship than the 2008 numbers, so it's not entirely worthless. Still I'd like a little clarification of the algorithms used because of the gubernatorial thing mentioned, Hickenlooper vs. Maes + Tancredo isn't a bad measure but I'd like some confirmation that's what was averaged.

The Republicans won all the other races though, AG with 57-43, Treasurer by about 2 points, and Sec of State with barely over 50% but by 7 points thanks to a Constitution Party candidate (I suspect just the two party numbers are averaged), so it's not surprising the numbers are slightly GOP-leaning. Probably shift them two points to the Democrats to get a more accurate number.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
dpmapper
View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 28, 2011, 07:51:10 am »
Ignore

The partisan numbers are probably most useful when used to compare new districts with old ones.  I posted numbers for a few old districts in the CO redistricting thread. 
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: October 30, 2011, 03:42:04 pm »
Ignore

2008 election data has been added for Kansas, Mississippi, Vermont, and Wyoming. Exciting, I know.
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 30, 2011, 03:47:05 pm »
Ignore

2008 election data has been added for Kansas, Mississippi, Vermont, and Wyoming. Exciting, I know.
I could see uses for three of those! Smiley

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 30, 2011, 04:14:08 pm »
Ignore

How many Obama LDs can be drawn in Wyoming? It has 30.

From what I can tell only 3: One in Cheyenne (barely), one in Laramie and one in Teton County.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 4.52

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 30, 2011, 04:30:45 pm »
Ignore

I could see uses for three of those! Smiley

Awesome!

Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 30, 2011, 04:35:23 pm »
Ignore

Isn't there supposed to be 2008 election data for Washington State?
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 30, 2011, 04:47:36 pm »
Ignore

57% Dem district in Kansas by removing the more Republican parts in Johnson and adding Topeka to the 3rd.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 30, 2011, 05:53:52 pm »
Ignore

How many Obama LDs can be drawn in Wyoming? It has 30.

From what I can tell only 3: One in Cheyenne (barely), one in Laramie and one in Teton County.

I got five (four that are barely Obama districts) by cutting Laramie in half and stringing a district from the Indian reservation in Freemont County to Teton County.
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 31, 2011, 01:11:39 pm »
Ignore

Also, Wyoming has 60 LDs, not 30. 30 SDs, 60 HDs. And a nesting requirement (well, not sure if it's a requirement, but they do it anyways.) And a bizarre numbering scheme that doesn't reflect that in the slightest.

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 01, 2011, 12:40:21 pm »
Ignore

Two Democratic districts in Kansas. You could probably do without the southeastern leg entirely as the 2nd is 52.9% Obama, but I was happy to finally have the populations right. (I still have it open... I think I'll do it.) I'm pretty sure you can't do it without Wichita, though maybe it's just about barely possible on a super-contorted map. The third district is 49.5-49.1 Dem.

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 01, 2011, 12:53:49 pm »
Ignore

Much better.

Still 52.6%. 3rd now at 49.9%.

jimrtex
YaBB God
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 03, 2011, 12:49:23 pm »
Ignore

Two Democratic districts in Kansas. You could probably do without the southeastern leg entirely as the 2nd is 52.9% Obama, but I was happy to finally have the populations right. (I still have it open... I think I'll do it.) I'm pretty sure you can't do it without Wichita, though maybe it's just about barely possible on a super-contorted map. The third district is 49.5-49.1 Dem.

And you only had to go from Missouri to half-way to Colorado.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 03, 2011, 02:35:38 pm »
Ignore

How is that any worse than the Republican map, which goes from Missouri all the way to Colorado (aside from the obvious non-compactness)?

Seriously, it was time to change back to the real avatar.
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 04, 2011, 12:50:18 pm »
Ignore

I did that, but I didn't have to, as you can see in the 2nd map below. Smiley Happened because I was drawing from a 2nd district basis, of course.
Also, of course, the first district still goes all the way to Missouri in these maps.

jimrtex
YaBB God
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 04, 2011, 01:14:15 pm »
Ignore

I did that, but I didn't have to, as you can see in the 2nd map below. Smiley Happened because I was drawing from a 2nd district basis, of course.
Also, of course, the first district still goes all the way to Missouri in these maps.

But it doesn't reach Colorado in those maps.
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 04, 2011, 01:18:35 pm »
Ignore

Only because the map is chopped. Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout