OSAMA CAUGHT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:29:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  OSAMA CAUGHT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: OSAMA CAUGHT  (Read 18502 times)
MarkDel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2004, 03:19:11 PM »

Let them attack France!  hahaha

Sick, sick, sick.  Let them attack France.  Do you even realize what you are joking about?  I would say let France catch Osama Bin Laden because even if it was egg on our face a terrorist enemy would be dealt with and the world might be a little bit more secure.  Even joking about wanting to see more terrorist attacks is completely twisted.

An attack on France would only do one thing. It would lead to the building of mosques all over Paris because Chirac would run to Vichy and immediately form a "coalition" with the terrorists and split the nation in half with Iran.

OMG.

You France-haters are so stupid. That would not be the French reaction at all. They'd use all the force they could muster. What none of you seem to realize is that France had no INTEREST in supporting the US, it wasn't b/c they're cowards. They're amoral and fairly weak, not frightened.

Gustaf,

While I think their reaction would not be as cowardly as some here have said, I'm sorry to say that for the most part, French valor died in the trenches of World War I.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2004, 03:25:52 PM »

The French Military isn't bad.

Military branches:  
Army (includes Marines, Foreign Legion, Army Light Aviation), Navy (including naval air), Air Force (including Air Defense), National Gendarmerie  
Military manpower - military age:  
18 years of age (2004 est.)  
Military manpower - availability:  
males age 15-49: 14,487,165 (2004 est.)  
Military manpower - fit for military service:  
males age 15-49: 12,044,827 (2004 est.)  
Military manpower - reaching military age annually:  
males: 394,413 (2004 est.)  
Military expenditures - dollar figure:    
$45,238.1 million (2003)  
Military expenditures - percent of GDP:    
2.6% (2003)  

Their total expenditure is ahead of the UK and the only two nations spending more are USA and China I believe.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2004, 03:56:31 PM »

The French Military isn't bad.

Military branches:  
Army (includes Marines, Foreign Legion, Army Light Aviation), Navy (including naval air), Air Force (including Air Defense), National Gendarmerie  
Military manpower - military age:  
18 years of age (2004 est.)  
Military manpower - availability:  
males age 15-49: 14,487,165 (2004 est.)  
Military manpower - fit for military service:  
males age 15-49: 12,044,827 (2004 est.)  
Military manpower - reaching military age annually:  
males: 394,413 (2004 est.)  
Military expenditures - dollar figure:    
$45,238.1 million (2003)  
Military expenditures - percent of GDP:    
2.6% (2003)  

Their total expenditure is ahead of the UK and the only two nations spending more are USA and China I believe.

Don't confuse the nice people with facts.   After all, they got creamed by another major industrial power sixty years ago.

A quick check of The CIA world factbook shows that they spend the third most on defence (about 45 billion), they lag behind China (60 billion) and the US (300 billion).

But satirists will tell us they're cowardly surender monkeys because they were conquered by the Nazis sixty years ago.   After all, doesn't history show we dispatched the nazis with ease.  (well, at least some of the movies look that way).    Besides, they owe us involvement in a quagmire since they dragged us into 'Nam fourty years ago.

The French certainly have their problems, they are far from perfect.   But are we perfect and flawless?   After all, is denying ever having made any mistakes a sign of strength?   Is trying to address and correct problems a form of weakness?  
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2004, 04:01:22 PM »

Sick, sick, sick.  Let them attack France.  Do you even realize what you are joking about?  I would say let France catch Osama Bin Laden because even if it was egg on our face a terrorist enemy would be dealt with and the world might be a little bit more secure.  Even joking about wanting to see more terrorist attacks is completely twisted.

An attack on France would only do one thing. It would lead to the building of mosques all over Paris because Chirac would run to Vichy and immediately form a "coalition" with the terrorists and split the nation in half with Iran.

OMG.

You France-haters are so stupid. That would not be the French reaction at all. They'd use all the force they could muster. What none of you seem to realize is that France had no INTEREST in supporting the US, it wasn't b/c they're cowards. They're amoral and fairly weak, not frightened.

Plus I think life under the Nazis would be far, far more appealing to French people (in fact most people), than life under Islam.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2004, 04:54:21 PM »

OMG.

Gustaf,

While I think their reaction would not be as cowardly as some here have said, I'm sorry to say that for the most part, French valor died in the trenches of World War I.

No, French valor died on the fields of Belgium during the battle of Waterloo. Napoleon was the last great Frenchmen.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2004, 04:57:29 PM »

OMG.

France is a hard-core realist country.  They would do anything as long as they believed it to be in their interests and they woudl do anything to assure self-preservation.  No, they are not cowards, but they are bastards.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2005, 08:44:23 AM »

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_29-2-2004_pg1_7

"It went on to claim that US officials were keeping news of the arrest secret and were likely to announce it later in the year — in order to help US President George Bushh’s re-election chances in November polls, AFP added. “The capture of the Al Qaeda leader was made some time ago, but President Bush is intending to announce it at the time of the American presidential election,” the report claimed."

I guess I was wrong.

Can't win 'em all.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2005, 11:17:20 AM »

ha, what idiocy on France, especially considering France recentely did a sweep of arresting terror suspects and expelled many radical Islamist preachers.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2005, 05:08:29 PM »

I couldn't resist bumping this.  Interesting Osama hasn't crawled out fro his rock for about ten months.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2005, 07:29:59 PM »

I couldn't resist bumping this.  Interesting Osama hasn't crawled out fro his rock for about ten months.

He'll be "caught" two weeks before the 2006 elections.

Cheesy
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2005, 07:44:22 PM »

He'll be "caught" two weeks before the 2006 elections.

Cheesy

Eventually, he will be caught or killed before some election.
Burn baby, Burn
pellaken
Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: -1.08

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2005, 02:50:53 AM »

Osama will be "caught" before the 3004 elections. of course by then the USA wont exist, and Osama will be a mummy.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2005, 08:40:44 AM »

Let them attack France!  hahaha

Sick, sick, sick.  Let them attack France.  Do you even realize what you are joking about?  I would say let France catch Osama Bin Laden because even if it was egg on our face a terrorist enemy would be dealt with and the world might be a little bit more secure.  Even joking about wanting to see more terrorist attacks is completely twisted.

OMG.

Plus I think life under the Nazis would be far, far more appealing to French people (in fact most people), than life under Islam.

Oh really?
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2005, 08:55:52 PM »

Sick, sick, sick.  Let them attack France.  Do you even realize what you are joking about?  I would say let France catch Osama Bin Laden because even if it was egg on our face a terrorist enemy would be dealt with and the world might be a little bit more secure.  Even joking about wanting to see more terrorist attacks is completely twisted.

OMG.

Oh really?
do you have to bump up every single thread in which the old opebo says something extreme right-wing?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2005, 11:08:11 PM »

OMG.

Oh really?
do you have to bump up every single thread in which the old opebo says something extreme right-wing?

I actually didnt bump this thread.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies