Michelle Bachmann
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:47:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Michelle Bachmann
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Michelle Bachmann  (Read 15246 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2009, 01:48:45 PM »

I don't really think she'll be defeated.  But a well-run hard-negative campaign emerging next time she says something particularly stupid, preferably stupider than that McCarthyian quote, could do some damage.

Ed Tinklenberg didn't start getting millions of dollars until the final two weeks against Bachmann last time around, and he wasn't a particularly good candidate, and he didn't even spend most of that money.

It's not like less crazy incumbents in far more Republican districts haven't lost to Democrats in well-run campaigns.  See: Sali, Bill
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »

I don't really think she'll be defeated.  But a well-run hard-negative campaign emerging next time she says something particularly stupid, preferably stupider than that McCarthyian quote, could do some damage.

Ed Tinklenberg didn't start getting millions of dollars until the final two weeks against Bachmann last time around, and he wasn't a particularly good candidate, and he didn't even spend most of that money.

It's not like less crazy incumbents in far more Republican districts haven't lost to Democrats in well-run campaigns.  See: Sali, Bill

You said in 2012. By then it is unlikely to matter cause the Dem in the legislature will probably try to screw her over in redistricting. If you had said 2010 I would have agreed completely.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2009, 07:02:41 PM »

Blah who cares about good-looking women in Congress? How about those hot liberal guys like Martin Heinrich of New Mexico and Jim Himes of Connecticut. Boy, talk about pretty. And The Hill named Brad Ellsworth (D-Indiana) the best looking member of Congress. They can give me some of their "socialized medicine" anytime Tongue lol

For the record, that's my Congressman! Smiley He's done a great job, and has really interacted with the people. I'll probably vote for him in 2012, unless Bob Heaton runs for the seat.

I'd vote for him too! Tongue Yeah, he's a hot looking guy AND he endorsed Hillary during the primaries, so he has my utmost respect. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies