Leaving for the Air Force...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:44:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Leaving for the Air Force...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Leaving for the Air Force...  (Read 4825 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 08, 2009, 05:01:59 PM »

I just spoke with my recruiter, and I've found out that once I book, I will be shipping off to Texas for basic training. He said if I book this month, I will leave in October. If I book in July, I'll leave in November, ect. So I'm leaving...but not until this fall.

Until then, I'm here Tongue
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 05:03:21 PM »

I'm disappointed at the lack of stirring nationalistic rhetoric and/or out of sync 9-11 references.

Naso, what is wrong with you?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 05:12:53 PM »

Naso to enter Air Force in 2015 - CNN
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:26:03 PM »

Lackland?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 05:38:52 PM »

I'm sure. That's where my Dad went when he was in the Air Force. Funny enough, we now live right down the street from a "Lackland Drive."
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 05:58:07 PM »

That's probably a good time to go.. it won't be unbelievably hot.. though at the same time you want training in really hot, uncomfortable conditions.. because we just don't fight wars in the temperate zones anymore.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 06:09:29 PM »

I'm sure. That's where my Dad went when he was in the Air Force. Funny enough, we now live right down the street from a "Lackland Drive."

I just wikied it.  Apparently, it's the only base for Basic Military Training for Air Force enlistees.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 06:47:13 PM »

Could be worse.  When my brother enlisted in the Navy, he ended up going to Great Lakes in the middle of winter.  Why he didn't go to Orlando (which was still open then) I don't know, but might have had something to do with which A school he went to.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 07:25:43 PM »

I'm sure you'll fit in swimmingly Naso.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 04:35:06 AM »

That's probably a good time to go.. it won't be unbelievably hot.. though at the same time you want training in really hot, uncomfortable conditions.. because we just don't fight wars in the temperate zones anymore.
I started my BMT on Dec 22nd and it kind of sucked.  It would be cold as hell in the morning and we'd all wear our winter weight BDU's and Field Jackets.  Marching back to the squadron in the afternoon and it would be hot as hell.  South Texas sucks in the winter.

Everybody doesn't go to the desert.  I didn't in 5 years Active Duty....but I got out before Gulf War II.

Lief, those queers are in the Navy.  We play softball in the Air Force thankyouverymuch.  Drunk softball.

(and yes, Lackland (San Antonio) is the only Air Force Enlisted basic training site)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 06:37:55 AM »

Congrats, Mike. I know you've been working toward this for a while. Be safe out there.
Stampever
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 09:17:23 AM »

Best of luck, even if it is a few months away.

AIM HIGH!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 10:39:45 AM »

Congrats, Mike. I know you've been working toward this for a while. Be safe out there.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 02:48:10 PM »

Good Luck man. I salute you sir!!!!

God Bless and stay alive!!!
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 04:17:50 PM »

God bless you for serving.  Try not to get too discouraged with our crappy excuse of a commander in chief.  We know the troops are still the best even if they are being lead by cowards and appeasers.

Be proud Reagan fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 04:19:12 PM »

God bless you for serving.  Try not to get too discouraged with our crappy excuse of a commander in chief.  We know the troops are still the best even if they are being lead by cowards and appeasers.

I guess you can't serve because of ''Don't ask, don't tell".
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 04:35:05 PM »

What?  you are the one who is lite in the loafers with your liberal views and peacenicking.  And why did you feel you had to attack me in a thread devoted to honoring one of our own members here who is serving american and protecting your lazy ass from terror.  Shame on you pbx.  <ignore>
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 04:39:22 PM »

What?  you are the one who is lite in the loafers with your liberal views and peacenicking.  And why did you feel you had to attack me in a thread devoted to honoring one of our own members here who is serving american and protecting your lazy ass from terror.  Shame on you pbx.  <ignore>

Hey, I didn't attack you Coburn. As a matter of fact I sympathize with you. I can feel your pain, wanting to serve your country but not being able to, because of your sexual preference.

It's OK to be gay Coburn. This forum is a very tolerant place. Don't feel intimidated. 
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 04:59:37 PM »

Hey, I didn't attack you Coburn. As a matter of fact I sympathize with you. I can feel your pain, wanting to serve your country but not being able to, because of your sexual preference.

It's OK to be gay Coburn. This forum is a very tolerant place. Don't feel intimidated. 

I am not gay and if you presist in saying that I will report you to Dave Leip and the moderators.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 05:07:11 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2009, 05:11:33 PM by Joke Repuberty »

So, Coburn, if we give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't gay, I presume you'll be joining up as soon as you become old enough?
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 05:09:56 PM »

So Coburn, if we accept the benefit of the doubt that you aren't gay, I presume you'll be joining up as soon as you become old enough?

Does he meet the requisite IQ?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 05:11:17 PM »

Mike,

Stay safe, God bless and thank you for your willingness to serve.  I hope you have a chance to use your meteorological skills.  The Air Force could set you up nicely for a meteorological job after the service.  We might see you at the National Hurricane Center some day!

Take care and keep us posted...

Jim
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 05:19:33 PM »

I am not gay and if you presist in saying that I will report you to Dave Leip and the moderators.

Coburn, my friend.
Self loathing and denial only worsen your situation. Only when you accept your orientation you will be a free man (or whatever you want to be).

I'm sure that the moment you come out of the closet will be the most liberating experience of your life. All that anger and resentment you funnel through your posts will dissipate and a sense of peace and love will fill your heart.
Just ask the other gay forumites.

After all, who knows what life will bring. Perhaps in a few months ''Don't Ask, Don't Tell'' will be repealed and then you will be able to fulfill your dream: to serve in your country's military as a proudly open gay man. 
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 05:24:11 PM »

Dave Leip and the moderators.

Is that a new band?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 06:28:47 PM »

Take care of yourself, I'm sure you'll do your nation proud.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies