2010 House Election Predictions Seem to Ignore Something... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:40:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Predictions Seem to Ignore Something... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2010 House Election Predictions Seem to Ignore Something...  (Read 20849 times)
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« on: June 08, 2009, 11:00:15 PM »

I've read several predictions for the House elections in 2010 and they seem to ignore the fact that the Republicans are making asses of themselves and alienating the woman/black/hispanic/miscellaneous vote.

The only predictions I have seen are the GOP gaining 5 to 10 seats from some of the Highly GOP territory they lost like ID-01, CO-04, MS-01, VA-05, NM seat held by Pearce(Hispanics would be important here.) and maybe 1 or 2 suprises like ME-01. I see the Republicans desparately trying to once again become the limited Gov't, less Spending, fiscally responsible party while at the same time trying to hold down the Social Conservatives and avoid pissing them off. Is it going to happen over night, no. Is the GOP just walking up to Obama and giving him a collective hug going to put the GOP back in control of congress tomorrow, either, no. For our purposes it is necessary to shake off the image of big Gov't that our party has adopted since 1999. While it also necessary to keep the social Cons in the party as well. So there will definately have to be period of easiness right now and its good long term for our party.

I think you'd be much better off dumping the social conservatives and adopting a libertarian-lite platform.  That's would be a true return to the GOP's roots in limited government.  The social conservatives are dead weight.  We've reached the tipping point on gay rights, stem cell technology has nearly reached the point where embryos aren't really necessary, and Democrats have mostly taken a "big tent" approach to guns and abortion.  The "three G" platform has been neutralized.  There are, of course, areas of the country where this strategy will still resonate but it will never work at the national level.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies