What posters are likely the most and least like their forum persona in real life
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:25:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What posters are likely the most and least like their forum persona in real life
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What posters are likely the most and least like their forum persona in real life  (Read 2634 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2009, 10:49:58 PM »

anybody who saw opebo's picture while it lasted would know that he's just about the same in 'real life'
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2009, 10:51:39 PM »

I gotcha. I do think some posters come off as trying too hard to project a certain persona though. Especially our new members.

Definitely.  People that are trying that hard to convince people they're someone else need to get out more often.  I mean, sure it's easier to be who you want to be on the internet, but that's just not healthy.  Be who you wanna be in real life is what I say, screw whoever doesn't like it.

Yes! It's much too hard to please every single person in this world, and the harder you try, the more unhappy you will be. That's my philosophy, at least..
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 10:53:34 PM »

anybody who saw opebo's picture while it lasted would know that he's just about the same in 'real life'

It's gone?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2009, 10:54:47 PM »

It's gone?

yeah, he freaked
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2009, 10:59:01 PM »

I gotcha. I do think some posters come off as trying too hard to project a certain persona though. Especially our new members.

Definitely.  People that are trying that hard to convince people they're someone else need to get out more often.  I mean, sure it's easier to be who you want to be on the internet, but that's just not healthy.  Be who you wanna be in real life is what I say, screw whoever doesn't like it.

Yes! It's much too hard to please every single person in this world, and the harder you try, the more unhappy you will be. That's my philosophy, at least..

It's not so much fake as that people play up different sides of their persona in some places and other parts other times.  It's like the difference between saying, "That's simply absurd!" and "Ya gotta be sh**ttin' me, man!"  Both are appropriate responses for different audiences.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 11:28:38 PM »

im very shy and reserved in 'real life'

but im still very opinionated or some would say 'contrarian'
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2009, 08:17:36 AM »

For example, I think it's safe too say that I come across as too much of a loud mouth, trouble maker around here. Meanwhile, many that know me in real life think that I can be way too shy and not as outgoing in certain areas.

Very true for me, too, and it was much worse when I was younger.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies