Do you support the Death Penalty
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:19:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you support the Death Penalty
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Poll
Question: Yes or No?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I)

No (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 120

Author Topic: Do you support the Death Penalty  (Read 16559 times)
Coburn In 2012

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2009, 10:52:55 AM »

No offense but, luckily people of less than 18 don't vote in reality!

Just because such a comment on such an issue from someone who have a small experience of life is a bit...displaced.
I take no offense ,I get worse ocmments then that.

I got over 100 death threats (on youtube)  last year before election night for teens who wanted me to like Obama

"VOTE OBAma whitey or i'll rip your faces offz"

Very common.  Liberals say they are for peace and nonviolence but really they are closet terrorists.  I get lots of hate mail right here on this forum threatening me.  But what the libs don't realize is that there are lots of lurkers and quiter posters who have written to me encouraging me to keep up the good fight.  One of them recently even had a red avatar.  I am working on him to switch!  he is a true conservative and realizes that traditional social values, American pride and patriotism and fiscal conservatism are the only way to save our nation.

So glad you are here, Jews.  Keep up the good work we conservatives need to encourage one another.s
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2009, 08:12:16 PM »

Just because such a comment on such an issue from someone who have a small experience of life is a bit...displaced.

I've been opposed to the death penalty since I've joined the forum, when I was 13.  So saying he can't comment means I couldn't've commented until last August Tongue
Senator Robert A. Taft
Mr. Republican
Rookie
United States

« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2009, 09:30:45 PM »

Yes (R)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2009, 10:42:54 AM »

I've been opposed to the death penalty since I've joined the forum, when I was 13.  So saying he can't comment means I couldn't've commented until last August Tongue

Oh sure, everybody can enjoy to make such or such comment, I just gave my opinion about that one and said why, that's all.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2009, 11:17:22 AM »

No, because it does not deter, it's completely cost ineffective, human rights abusing and racially biased. Not to mention the possibility of executing an innocent.

Look at the statistics:

1980 is a good year to compare the 2007 numbers because in all 3 states I use, the homicide rate peaked in this year.

TX (death penalty): 1980 (16.9 murders/100.000) 2007 (5.9 murders) drop: 65%

New York (no death penalty, has not executed anyone for at least the last 45 years):

1980 (12.7 murders/100.000) 2007 (4.2 murders) drop: 67%

If you think NY does not count, because it had a DP statute for at least until 2005) then use

Hawaii: (no death penalty): 1980 (8.7 murders/100.000) 2007 (1.7 murders) drop: 81%

And the fact that murder rates are generally lower in states/countries that have no death penalty than states/countries who have (except if you are living in an epic fail country like Colombia or South Africa with a culture of violence and social dispair).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies